New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 873 30 pay  (Read 885 times)

Offline Herbie21

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Herbie21 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
873 30 pay
« on: December 26, 2020, 09:23:53 PM »
Hi boys,

one of my 873 machines pays out 30 on 5 lines played. Cherry on line one, 3 plums on line 4 and 5.

Please note there is no BAR used on the third reel as on my other machines to make this combination payout.

How does this 873 do it calculate and pay the right amount.

I can't find any schematic of the 873 with this payout option.

cheers Herbie
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 11:12:23 AM by Herbie21 »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: 873 30 pay
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 10:10:29 PM »
can you post a picture of the payout glass? 

what is the complete model number on the plate below the handle?  There's a lot of different models of the machine, but payout is determined by the wiper positions on the reel boards and what trace(s) they connect on the payout counter disc.

while the basic machine mostly the same for all 873 models, the reel tapes, slotted reel index discs, reel wiper wiring and payout counter are often different between the models, but they had some common combinations (e.g. "fruit", "lightning", "jillions of jackpots").

my listing shows at least 10 different payout counter discs used in the 873's, so there was a lot of pay differences.

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 10:25:12 PM »
picture will follow, reel tape one is M-222-159, two is a M-222-160 and three is a M-222-455

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 08:43:37 AM »
the plums payout, the 104 payout and 28 with bells and oranges.

Great construction, lots of fun playing 5 coins.

the plums circuit to pay 30 is going through the plum relay?
the 28 oranges bars through the bar relay?
104 ??

I can't find the schematic for this great payouts.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 03:20:11 PM »
The wiper boards behind the reels might give you a clue.
There’s 10 to 11 layers of contact receiver rivets, so it would be possible to wire up 5 lines.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 06:17:39 PM »
873-ZZY is a "5 line pay" made for puerto rico.

the schematic is w-1046-1553, and that will probably not be findable. 

the 873-ZC is also a "5 line pay" that uses the same tapes for reels 1 and 2, so the information for that game on http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/ will be pretty similar.  You'd have to trace the wiring onto reel 3 to debug the pay issues.

the payout counter used on the game is w-923-388, and I don't have a diagram for it.  If you can post a picture of the payout counter - including the wiring on the edge - that would be great.

in the pic you posted, 30 pay would be correct if all 5 lines are enabled.  You have two 3-plum wins + a single cherry win.  Your lights only show the center payline active, so it should have paid 2.

I'm not clear on what payout you are having trouble with ... if any.

below is the definition for reel tape m-222-455.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 06:48:03 PM by wolftalk »

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 03:54:23 PM »
Hi Wolftalk,

I have no pay-out problems, the 873-ZZY is my favourite 873 version, although the total average payout percentage is only 76% it has these beautiful pricing combinations as the pictures shows. I would love to see in a schematic who the have solved these complicated payout combinations. I presume with an extra plum and bell relay. How to manage the 104 payout I don't have a clue.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2020, 10:18:43 AM »
the way they did the payout is kinda ... something.  The 873-ZC has similar pay to your machine.

the trick is the index disc slot depth may be different for the same symbol appearing at a position (so the reel wipers are on different rivets even though the symbol is the same at a visible position).  The payout counter has traces for a 14, 16,  28 and 30 pay.

your 873-ZZY uses the same index discs as the 873-ZC (p-684-[7,7,8]), so it works the same way.

the below is the 873-ZC reel 1 wiring.  Notice positions 1-4 all have plums as the top line symbol, but the positions correspond to the three visible symbols being PL-CH-PL, PL-BAR-PL, PL-OR-PL or PL-OR-SEF (sef = fat seven)

because the wipers are indexed at different positions, the wiring for each position can route differently and wind up at a different payout counter trace.  e.g.
- if line 4 was 7-PL-PL and line 5 was PL-PL-PL, then the 14 pay trace would be energized. 
- if line 4 was PL-PL-PL and line 5 was PL-PL-PL, then the 28 and maybe the 30 pay trace would be energized, depending on whether a cherry was on line 1 on reel 1. 

the payout counter trace pattern is the the complicated part ... lotsa traces.  Sometimes the total pay is handled by a single trace, other times multiple trace segments are powered to get the total pay and the wipers may step off the initial one but keep going because they stepped onto another that is powered.

the plum relay helps switch on extra traces to add more to the pay.

a pic of your payout counter would be great.

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2020, 02:39:43 PM »
thanks Wolftalk, that is exactly why I got hooked by these 873's!

How did they do it, how did they manage these complicated comined payouts!

Amazing Bally men, thanks to them!!

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2020, 02:53:56 PM »
my best friend...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal