New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What is this Bally Machine??  (Read 2681 times)

Offline hammer300

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • hammer300 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
What is this Bally Machine??
« on: September 18, 2023, 04:22:05 PM »
Well this is my first bally bought it not working but looks like a blown cap.  Here is some pics if someone can help me out thank you
Too good of a price to not try to get it working.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: What is this Bally Machine??
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 05:06:54 PM »
It looks like in IGT PE with a Bally tag on it.

Please post a photo of the inside and the MPU board. (POWER OFF before removing MPU)
Also, clean the top glass and post another photo of it.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline hammer300

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 05:24:12 PM »
More pics Glass says bally

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 07:15:01 PM »

update: now that I looked at the other pictures, it is more likely a V5500.

Thanks,
Wayne
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 07:32:44 PM by a69mopar »

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 07:45:49 PM »
Here is a serial number breakdown. not always exact.  I can't read the serial plate well in your picture.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline hammer300

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 07:50:50 PM »
 :I_agree_1: thank you ordered a power supply

fingers crossed

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 09:47:18 PM »

update: now that I looked at the other pictures, it is more likely a V5500.

Thanks,
Wayne

Thanks Wayne! I look very "IGT" ish to me with that red color and the square tray!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2023, 05:04:39 AM »
Wow if I saw that in the wild I would have said IGT too…with some parts in the wrong place. Lol
Great catch and a great chart Wayne!

Offline hammer300

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2023, 12:27:09 PM »
Would anyone have the manual for this machine?  Have to find screws and how the power supply was mounted etc

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2023, 01:49:18 PM »
Yes. When I get back later I'll look. I doubt is has the screw detail though.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline hammer300

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2023, 02:17:57 PM »
Thank you

Offline hammer300

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2023, 03:45:53 PM »
i have power no boot here is a pic

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2023, 03:49:46 PM »
Just to rule this out, I would carefully remove the MPU and check/re-seat every IC that's in a socket and any other connector attached to the board.

Offline hammer300

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2023, 03:54:53 PM »
Ok I'll try it now

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2023, 03:56:32 PM »
Be very careful and don't bend or break any legs.

Offline hammer300

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2023, 03:57:42 PM »
I know I've dealt with PE Plus and game Kings I have a chip puller :)

Offline hammer300

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2023, 10:33:30 PM »
all chips seated in the board properly still the same as i posted garbage on the screen.  I did try to power it up with board out, screen seems to come up complete.  i'm guessing bad mpu board or chips on it?  dont know what others think.  I am going to get the board tested tomorrow to rule it out or get it fixed or replaced.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2023, 08:42:47 AM »
all chips seated in the board properly still the same as i posted garbage on the screen.  I did try to power it up with board out, screen seems to come up complete.  i'm guessing bad mpu board or chips on it?  dont know what others think.  I am going to get the board tested tomorrow to rule it out or get it fixed or replaced.

I bet you're taking it to Alan at KLAR?  :yes: :applause:

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2023, 12:08:25 PM »
So this machine started with a shorted PS. Didn’t the board originally say you had everything other than 12v? Is that resolved? Do you have 5v now?
I can only see a snapshot of your monitor but I don’t see what I would typically consider garbage, meaning computer code, odd characters, mixed images, etc.
can you confirm?
Does anything change on the monitor if you turn it on without the MP board? If not I don’t think the board is booting at all.
The processor needs a clean 5v power to boot up. If that went exclusively high when the PS failed the best hope is that something on the board other than the game chips failed…capacitor?  Look closely.
Also need to verify that the monitor really works. Is there any sign of life, buttons, sound? 
KLar can certainly get the board working but you need to verify that everything in the box is working. Don’t want to kill it twice!

If you want to take a pic of just the board and post it at max file size we can look at it.

Chris

Offline hammer300

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2023, 12:41:30 PM »
it lives again!!  bad mpu board.  klar got it sorted out.  game chips good but board bad.  hopper everything seems to work now it needs a good cleaning. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal