New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ 61-1 CODE  (Read 6599 times)

Offline Bassman2277

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bassman2277 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ 61-1 CODE
« on: March 12, 2018, 04:49:47 PM »
Just got a IGT S and it had a 12 code, installed new battery and got the 61 code pushed the little white button and now have a 61-1 code.  I tried the side key to clear that and nothing happens.  it has the door sensors by passed and I've talked to the person whom I got it from and it just got the 12 code before I picked it up.  I really don't want to use the clear chip if I can keep away from that ( and I don't have one)  possibly the side key is bad they didn't have a key for it but I did.
When I power it up the bill collector makes noise and the reels have power on them.  the candle on top is flashing and thats as far as I get.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ 61-1 CODE
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 05:02:15 PM »
in order to clear the 61-1 the door must be closed and then turn the reset key.  How are the optics bypassed?  is there a toggle switch that allows you to open and close the optics??

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 05:11:20 PM »
It just has a shielded pair ran from door plug to cabinet plug it has shrink tube on it so may have resistor or something in it.  It worked like this I've been told I believe the tech they had work on it installed it.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 06:02:39 PM »
I may be wrong on this, but I think when everything is working fine the bypassed door optics doesn't cause a problem. But when you get an error like the 61 and 61-1 and want to clear the error the machine needs to know that the door is open, then that it is closed. With the door optics bypassed it doesn't see that happening when you open & close the door. Is there a switch on the optics bypass so you can tun it on and off? Maybe post a photo or two of the door optics bypass so we can see what you have.

The "sidekey" you mentioned sounds like the jackpot reset switch. It takes a key (usually numbered 2341 on the key) to turn the switch. The jackpot reset is used to restore operation after the machine locks up due to a handpay jackpot that the player has won, plus it is sometimes used in the Test/Setup menus that you bring up with the white TEST button located inside the machine.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:40:59 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 07:14:49 PM »
I thought that myself, so I unplugged at start up, and then after i got the 61-1 i would plug it in and that didn't work.  I'm going to purchase the optic switches, however in the mean time I would like to see if I need anything else.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:55:46 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 07:38:33 PM »
Pictures
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:05:05 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 07:46:29 PM »
Have the door optic parts been removed from the edge of the door and the door frame, and mounted on the reel shelf? Or are the optic parts still in original positions and their wires have been modified? Hard to tell what you have.

Sometimes someone will remove both the tx and rx door optic parts, mount them on the reel shelf so they are facing each other and permanently aligned. Then you just stick a business card in between them to make the machine go into "door open" mode.

If you buy a set of door optics they just mount to the door and to the door sliding lock latch. The parts are different, so be sure to get them in the correct position. Is your door optic wiring intact, or is that what has been modified?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 07:49:18 PM »
The part on the cabinet is broken and al thats there is the plastic, the door seems to have the complete sensor however the wires were cut very short.  so basically they are un-usable.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 07:54:58 PM »
I see. So instead of replacing the door optic part the previous person installed some sort of a bypass and they said the machine worked ok? Like I mentioned earlier, I think a bypass will work ok until you have an error and you need to open the door so the machine can go into "door open" mode, then you close the door and the machine goes into "door closed" mode. It isn't hard to get the door optics to work as designed, I'd work on getting that done instead of a bypass rig, but that me.

We have parts folks here that can probably get you replacement door optics wiring harnesses. If that's what you want to do. Are both door optic wiring harnesses unusable?

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 07:57:57 PM »
I agree, I will have to purchase the optics, I was just seeing if there was a way to see if there were any other issues, while I wait for the parts to arrive.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 08:01:43 PM »
I agree, I will have to purchase the optics, I was just seeing if there was a way to see if there were any other issues, while I wait for the parts to arrive.

Unfortunately I don't think you can do much until the door optics work. To enter the Test/Setup menus the machine has to think the door is open. And to put test credits on the machine by pressing the small white button below the coin comparitor the machine has to think the door is open.

You can post photos of the interior, like inside of the main door, down in the hopper area, can even pull the mpu board and show us a photo of it, there might be something we notice.

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 08:21:54 PM »
I never saw it work however the previous owners are real nice and have been asking me how its going. 

I will order the optics slotand go from there.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:28:37 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 08:29:26 PM »
had to make these smaller ran out of space.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:30:19 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 08:37:36 PM »
rokgpsman  Thanks for the help once I get the optics I'll let you know how it's going.

Thank all that helped.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 10:05:38 PM »
I don't see anything wrong in any of the photos, just the door optics wiring. So maybe when you get the door optics working your machine will be fine. If you plan to keep this machine (and possibly add another one sometime) you may want to get a pair of CLEAR and SET chips. They come in handy and don't cost very much. I can't read the label on your SP chip (a socketed chip on mpu board) but someone here can probably recommend the correct SET and CLEAR chips to get. I know the SET015 chip is very popular and a lot of S+ owners have one. 

You don't want to do a CLEAR ram process unless needed, because of the work you'll have to do afterwards in resetting a lot of settings, but sometimes it has to be done. If you do use a CLEAR chip then the SET chip is used to enable the bill validator, which gets deactivated by the CLEAR process.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 10:48:44 PM »
You're neither the first nor the last person to say that they couldn't get past a 61-1 with bypassed optics on an S+ machine.  I highly recommend "keeping it natural" when it comes to the optics, and keeping them in place in an S+ machine.  I'm confident that the new optics will get you up and running.

Beware that the optic emitter and optic receiver stupidly have the exact same size connectors on them, so it's possible to accidentally install them in reverse.  The emitter has red and black wiring, and should be installed on the portion of the door that swings open.  The receiver has a slightly more domed appearance to the part, and has red and white wires, and gets installed on the inside of the cabinet and does not move when the door is opened.

Once you have your new optics in place, the procedure to clear the 61 error is:

Press and hold the white Self Test button for up to 5 seconds.  You should hear a ding from the speaker if it's working, and the display will change to 61 1.

Next, close and completely latch the main door.  Once it is closed and latched, turn the jackpot reset key on the side of the machine once and release it.  The machine should do its "maiden spin" and be ready to go.  In the event that another error code appears, refer to the error code chart with resolutions at: http://newlifegames.net/igterrors/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:24:22 PM by knagl »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 07:21:06 AM »
some one made a direct connection ,from optic to optic, they omitted the cherry switch to give you the option to operate the optics in a door open or door closed situation.  your machine will stay in the door closed mode 100% of the time, in this situation.

try this, unplug the optic cable at the cabinet connection, turn on the power,  see what comes up in the display, press the white test button, see if you can get into the test mode. if not, that action should have hopefully put a 61_1 in the display, now connect the cable at the cabinet connection ,  turn the jackpot reset key one time and see what happens.

in any case, report the outcome of either action.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 12:35:00 PM »
Jim

did what you said turnoff power, unplugged the door optic, powered on.  code 61, hit the reset (white button) and got a 61-1.  plugged in the plug ( so it thinks the door is shut and hit the out side key switch 1 time and still got a 61-1. I thought that might work as to make it think I'm going through the sequence.

Couldn't set to the test mode, I'm not sure if you hold it for a while or hit it a few times, tried holding it for 15 secs.

Could the dollar cash door be an issue as it doesn't have a lock it does have a micro switch and I can here it click, I'm not sure if its in the same circuit.

I have ordered the optics.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 12:56:34 PM »
YES that switch is IMPORTANT to the operation of the machine.  it should be PERMANENTLY BYPASSED. meaning,  hook the two wires together. pull them off the switch, cut the stacon connectors off, strip the wires, twist them together, tape them.  then try the same same procedure I described.

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 01:04:43 PM »
No change still stuck at 61-1

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal