New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: DBV 200 won't do anything now... fixed the code 41 issue  (Read 2474 times)

Offline Strake

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Strake New User has no influence.
  • NLG
DBV 200 won't do anything now... fixed the code 41 issue
« on: April 09, 2018, 07:26:05 PM »
***   I'm still new at this so please bear with me.....

After replacing the battery on the motherboard, I successfully got everything working as it should first try !!!   All was good for an hour. Everything worked !

Then  I decided to feed it a $20 for some credits.  I've had very poor luck getting the BV to accept any $20's  in the past few years.... very hit or miss.   The very first $20 I put in was accepted and credits issued.  All good.   As  I played the credits down,  I tried unsuccessfully to get another $20 to get accepted.  Finally,  one did go in,  made the usual sounds,  but jammed.  I took the BV mechanism out, and also removed the $20 that had successfully gone in.   I removed the jammed $20 from the top of the assembly, and the good bill, closed it all back up,  and  now  it no longer lights up or does anything.   I did try several times to unplug all the connectors and remove the whole assy and when reconnecting it back up DO  hear the BV  go make the start up sounds,  BUT  it no longer lights up, or will allow for inserting any bill.

In the meantime,  the machine will play tokens just fine.  No issue there.

So  now   I've got Code 41   ( ISSUE FIXED ).... and  NO BV working.... 

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Richard
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 09:39:46 AM by Strake »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Code 41 won't clear and BV won't do anything now
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 07:45:28 PM »
error code 41 is for the far LEFT reel. (reel #1). Try re-connecting the reel #1 connectors if you haven't already done so. And make sure nothing is rubbing against the reel #1 wheel.

Look in the bottom of your machine, behind the hopper. The motherboard is there, it is mounted horizontal and on the bottom of the machine. Look at the white molex connector connected to the motherboard, front center area. Look for darkened areas. Wiggle this connector while the machine is powered on, see if this connector is intermittent.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 07:54:44 PM »
If all of the $20 bills you are using are the same modern design then your bill validator may need cleaning. The top part of the bv can be opened, then you can clean the optic sensors inside.

But, if you are using a mix of old design and new design $20 bills then the rejection of bills may be due to out of date software inside the bv. Also, if your credit limit is set too low the bill validator will not accept any bills if doing so would put the credits over the credit limit.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 07:58:19 PM »
Open the door and turn the attendant key once and then close door. The code 41 should go away.

Offline Strake

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 08:11:50 PM »
do you mean the "Jackpot" key ?   Turn once,  like Ive had to do to get past code 61 - 1 ???

Didn't find any loose connectors anywhere.    I'll re check the reel tomorrow.  I quickly looked,  but didn't see any connector for Reel 1...... seemed like the connectors were all on the far RIGHT side of all the reels.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 08:22:04 PM »
yes, the attendant key is the same as the jackpot reset key.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 07:16:44 AM »
My guess is that you have one or two problems: first is, cash can door switch, if it is still in the machine, bypass it.  second, perhaps the transport unit was not put back properly.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Strake

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 08:28:13 AM »
One issue is now solved  :yes:   The Code 41 issue fixed......   while I did try turning the jackpot key 1 time with the door open,  it did not help.   I ended up turning the machine off and unplugging the connector to  Reel 1 underneath it,  then  plugging it back in again and turning the machine back on..... BINGO !!!  Fixed.

Now,  on to the DBV 200  not working......    I do hear,  and can see the nylon gears spinning and making the start up  noise,  but the DBV won't do anything,  no light on front,  no accepting any kind of bill etc.    I have taken the unit out completely several times and verified that there are no jammed bills anywhere,  2 transport belts are still good , all 3 connectors properly connected.  Also,   I've removed the cash box several times, and re installed it.  There is  NO connector wire harness hooked up to the cash box door,  it was removed before  i bought the machine years ago.

I will keep trying to play around with it,  as it seems temperamental.   I had it working last week after replacing the battery on the motherboard,  and then it quit working,  then  I wiggled on the front left connector wire and it worked again......  now  nothing.....  and  I can't seem to get it to come back to life.

Offline Strake

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 08:51:09 AM »
error code 41 is for the far LEFT reel. (reel #1). Try re-connecting the reel #1 connectors if you haven't already done so. And make sure nothing is rubbing against the reel #1 wheel.

Look in the bottom of your machine, behind the hopper. The motherboard is there, it is mounted horizontal and on the bottom of the machine. Look at the white molex connector connected to the motherboard, front center area. Look for darkened areas. Wiggle this connector while the machine is powered on, see if this connector is intermittent.

Thanks......   I did pull the coin hopper out and checked the connector that you suggested....  All looked perfect,  no signs of burning, and when wiggled,  did  NOT cause any intermittency.  But removing the connector under reel 1 and replugging it in,  did solve that issue !!!!

thanks again.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: DBV 200 won't do anything now... fixed the code 41 issue
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 10:02:59 AM »
Yea, the 200 head did have problems with the intermittent  white connector, this is the power connector to the unit,  see if the two red LEDS are on (visible between the two connectors)  has to be on solid.  also check to see if the transport unit is fully seated, the red handle up, and the two dog ears are seated on the metal housing, even is you hear noises, that doesn't mean the transport is meshing with the cash can.  two distinct sounds, one the heavy grinding noise of the cash can and transport gears meshing and resetting, and the second a lighter noise of the head to the transport. with the cash can out look and see if the gear is protruding into the cash can area enough to interact with the can itself.

this process has to be complete in that order or the unit will sense it is not at the home position and it will not turn itself on, it is a complete and separate unit from the game itself.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Strake

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 10:29:00 AM »
Thanks Jim !

I will give it a try later this evening.   I do recall seeing the 2 red led's on and hearing the start up sound,  but will check the cash can gear alignment....

Offline Strake

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 11:40:30 AM »
OK....... 

I do have 2 red LED's  lit up steady between the front left 2 connectors.  Red Handle UP.

I removed the cash can to see if I can see that the gears are meshing but  when you remove the cash can,  you can only see the one gear from above sticking down.  I opened the cash can ( which is empty)  and moved the bottom tray that is against the spring.....  just to move stuff around.

Buttoned it all back up and IT  WORKED !!!!!!   lit up and all......  THEN  I tried feeding it a $5 bill .......   I don't have any $1 bills at the moment.   It took the $5 in, but just kept making all kinds of noise but not doing anything.   I opened the door and had to remove the DBV unit to get the $5 out.

Now,  I'm  back to it not working again.....    I'm  so close...

Any other ideas of what to try next?

Thanks everyone!

Richard

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 01:59:42 PM »
It's possible that you could use a nw cash can. They do take a beating over the years.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Strake

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 08:04:32 AM »
Problem SOLVED !!!!!    Thanks to all for the assistance.  Once you started mentioning the CASH BOX,  and it's meshing with the DBV assembly,  I started down that path......

I also looked in the section about BV and found a very helpful thread that showed how it SHOULD look with the cash box removed.  Mine didn't look like that.  The pics of the cash box removed photos with the gear and 2 tabs hanging down  seemed to hang down further than mine, although it seemed that I had installed the DVB 200 assembly level and fully seated....  WRONG !!!    Mine was not down in the back, causing the gear and 2 tabs not to properly connect to the cash box.

THANK YOU !!!!!   I'm  back to fully working.   Now,  I need to get some $1 bills to feed it, as it doesn't seem to like the new $20's  I have.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 10:36:40 AM »
.....THANK YOU !!!!!   I'm  back to fully working.   Now,  I need to get some $1 bills to feed it, as it doesn't seem to like the new $20's  I have.

You can probably update the internal software inside the DBV-200 so that it will take more bills than just the $1. You can remove the DBV-200 head from the machine, turn it over. There is a hole in the bottom housing that lets you view the rom chip inside. If it is an eprom in a socket it is easy to update. If it has a rom chip soldered to the circuit board it can still be updated but you'll have to send it to someone with the special "flash programming" equipment. We have folks here that can do that.

Offline Strake

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 11:36:02 AM »
Thank you !

I have had the machine accept $20's many times,  but it seems to be hit or miss as to if it will take it.  All the ones  I have fed it are the new style $20's.....    I don't have any old style bills.

Sometimes it will take the $20 and most often it won't.   Not sure of the reasoning.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 12:11:31 PM »
ok, in that case it may not be related to the DBV software, although if could be an older version of software and an update to it might help. They released improvements to the software to make it work with less bill rejections. If you look on the DBV-200 is there a sticker saying what the software version is? Check on the top and on the bottom on the eprom itself to see what ver of software it has. Sometimes when they update the eprom they leave the old sticker on the top of the DBV and put the new software ver info on the bottom. Post a photo or two if you aren't sure how to read it. I'd recommend getting the latest avail software and cleaning the DBV sensors, that would give it the best chance of working reliably.

Offline Strake

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 01:25:47 PM »
Thank you......   Here's  two pics.  Don't know if these are what you are referring to,  or whether you mean on one of the chips itself.  What is best to use to clean the head?  Rubbing alcohol on a Q tip?

I just tried feeding it some $20's......  got it to take 2 out of 4.  The credits did show up !!!

Richard
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 01:51:38 PM by Strake »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 02:54:22 PM »
Thank you......   Here's  two pics.  Don't know if these are what you are referring to,  or whether you mean on one of the chips itself.  What is best to use to clean the head?  Rubbing alcohol on a Q tip?

I just tried feeding it some $20's......  got it to take 2 out of 4.  The credits did show up !!!

Richard

At least it is partly working. I don't think it is good to use alcohol, sometimes the optic sensor windows are plastic instead of glass. So try a clean rag dampened with soapy water, then wipe clean.  You will see a few small windows and metal strips, all that is used to read the inserted bill. If it is dirty & gunky then just take your time and gently work at it. It's had thousands of paper bills run thru it over the years, and money is often dirty.

You have a metal mounting bracket attached to the bottom of the DBV-200. If you remove it you will be able to see the bottom of the DBV.

(click image to enlarge)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:15:07 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 03:00:21 PM »
Below is your photo of the top of the DBV-200, I've circled in yellow the sticker that gives the information about it's software. But there could be a newer sticker on the eprom itself, that's why it is good to look at it too. For the top sticker the important part is where it says "V 2.12-04-02". That is the software version JCM installed into the DBV-200 when they made it at the factory. But over time someone could have updated the software and just left the top sticker on there. You can also see where it says "ID 022/023 USA", that means it uses the IGT communication method (instead of Bally, WMS, etc).

(click image to enlarge)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:17:18 PM by rokgpsman »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal