New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Machine errors and bill unit problems  (Read 9305 times)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Machine errors and bill unit problems
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2019, 02:36:22 PM »
That would my best suggestion at this point.  You can use the game software from your existing board.  You'll get a couple of errors if the machine boot properly RAM Error, EEPROM error.  Those will clear by turning the jackpot reset key and following the instructions on the VFD.

Offline amitzivitzie

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • amitzivitzie New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2019, 02:36:25 PM »
Hey everyone.. So I bought a new 1270 board and just tried it out. When I powered on the machine I got the NETPLEX error but it went away after 2 seconds and then started testing memory. When It was done testing the memory I get an error BASE EPROM CRC MISMATCH -0xB000002. Anyone have any ideas?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2019, 02:49:28 PM »
Turn the jackpot key a few times then follow directions on the VFD
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2019, 02:52:05 PM »
Hey everyone.. So I bought a new 1270 board and just tried it out. When I powered on the machine I got the NETPLEX error but it went away after 2 seconds and then started testing memory. When It was done testing the memory I get an error BASE EPROM CRC MISMATCH -0xB000002. Anyone have any ideas?
I think you might have the wrong SB chip...that's what the "BASE EPROM CRC MISMATCH" error is for - it's not  communicating with the other chips.
But yeah, flipping the reset key like Qbert says will bring your VFD display to "Press The button for 2-3 seconds" message
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2019, 04:06:07 PM »
Ok I turned the key and pushed the button for 3 seconds and the machine tried to initialize. After initializing It said Call Attendant. I opened the door and closed it and now I have a error PROC BOARD ID MISMATCH -0x3

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2019, 04:14:36 PM »
Turn the jackpot key again you may have to do this three or four times
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2019, 04:19:49 PM »
Ok thanks. On the original board the stepper game chips have a different SG number than the stepper game chips SG number on my new board

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2019, 04:22:22 PM »
Use all your original chips
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2019, 04:24:53 PM »
OK GOOD NEWS. I just tried re-booting the machine again and this time i didn't have to turn key and hold button it went into initializing and the reels spun and it it all looks to be good EXCEPT the bill unit is still flashing the same "ambulance light" and "red x in circle light"

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2019, 04:31:54 PM »
I restarted the machine again and it has the Bill validator error, call attendant, door open M error. If I open the door and close it it will go away but then the bill acceptor will still not work

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2019, 05:42:45 PM »
Progress  :applause: .  The MPU board was bad so it would appear. 

Have you tried doing a Netplex Autoconfig?  That sometimes helps if the machine doesn't detect the bill validator.

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2019, 05:47:18 PM »
Yeah I'm feeling like we are close to having it resolved :) Is it bad that the stepper game chip numbers are different?I dont believe I have tried a NETPLEX auto config, never heard of it

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2019, 06:01:37 PM »
Yeah I'm feeling like we are close to having it resolved :) Is it bad that the stepper game chip numbers are different?I dont believe I have tried a NETPLEX auto config, never heard of it
It could be.  What are the base and GME chip numbers you're running now, and what did you have before? 

Press the MPU self test button, then the cash out button till you get to [4. I/O Tests].  Then hit "Spin Reels".  Then hit cash out again till you get to 4.3 Autoconfigure Netplex Devices.  Then "Spin Reels" again.  It should say Netplex Autoconfigure in Progess.  When it's complete close the door and see if the bill validator comes up after a few seconds.

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2019, 06:59:32 PM »
On the original board its SB1000783 and GME SG000598On the replacement board its SB100783 and GME SG000523I did the Autoconfigure Netplex Devices and the results was PRINTER 2: INSTALLED

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2019, 08:37:31 AM »
Either will work, but the 598's are newer and probably the best of the two to be running your game on.  After you saw PRINTER 2: INSTALLED hit Spin Reels again and it should say Netplex Autoconfig in Progress.

What type of bill validator do you have in your machine.  WBA or MEI?  Does it cycle when the machine is turned on?

I'm guessing your machine is coinless so you don't have any way of putting credits on the machine without a working validator?

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2019, 06:25:17 PM »
I tried the Autoconfig a few more times. After its done it just says PRINTER 2 : INSTALLED. But 1 of the times I ran the config I closed the door while it was running the Netplex Autoconfig and a error came up with the CLOSURE M and it said PRINTER NON VOLATILE DATA ERROR. I have a WBA validator. It does not cycle, haven't heard it cycle since the 1st day of machine problems. It is coinless and I don't know how to put credits on. Do the chips just pop off and snap on? THANK YOU 

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2019, 09:25:10 PM »
I'm going to try to swap the WBA validator and see if that work, I can get a used one locally 

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2019, 10:11:19 PM »
Sorry I missed your reply.  That's a good idea, it should power cycle.  Make sure the replacement has the correct firmware for an IGT machine (ID024).  Bally/Williams (ID003) will not work. 

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2019, 09:40:17 AM »
Oh the bill validator I have available to me locally does not have IGT firmware.  So I guess I will try to find the right one and let you know how it goes.

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2019, 01:19:35 PM »
Hey so what chips should I take off my old board and put on the new board? And can someone tell me how the chips come off the board? ha THANKS
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 02:38:10 PM by amitzivitzie »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal