New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I wanna build a GameKing...starting from scratch...need a cabinet!  (Read 4740 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: I wanna build a GameKing...starting from scratch...need a cabinet!
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 01:57:09 PM »
hmm...you have me thinking...
I've only had one MB on this set-up.
It seemed to work fine switching between the poker game and Money Storm.
However, I've only swapped the two games like 3 times before the poker wouldn't update the eeprom anymore.
I just swapped the eeprom from my spare MB and Money Storm comes up fine but not the poker game.
That is where I get the "Loop"?

Think I should try a Clear chip?
If so, what is recommended?
I only have 2 Keychips (31 & 45), and an IVC00224 Clearchip.

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2019, 07:07:24 AM »
check the pins on the mpu socket that plugs into the mobo maybe got one bent by chance? 

since money storm still works, i wouldn't think it would be a mobo problem.  i am leaning more towards a mpu issue.   if all the pins are good, if you have another spare mpu board could try swapping the chips over and see if it gets past the eeprom issue

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2019, 07:15:20 AM »
I beleive you need a 40 key chip for that, but check with RB, he would know and probably has it Bunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2019, 08:34:53 AM »
check the pins on the mpu socket that plugs into the mobo maybe got one bent by chance? 
since money storm still works, i wouldn't think it would be a mobo problem.  i am leaning more towards a mpu issue.   if all the pins are good, if you have another spare mpu board could try swapping the chips over and see if it gets past the eeprom issue

I am an experienced pin bender Wizeone!  :rotfl:
I have a few MPU boards I think...I'll try a swap today with the Money Storm 3902 board.

I beleive you need a 40 key chip for that, but check with RB, he would know and probably has it Bunker

I only had a Key17 but I think it's corrupted.
Tried my only Keys I had on hand...Keys31 & Key45..didn't work on this MPU.
I asked for a Key22 from a friend Cowboy...I was told it does both a Clear and a Key?
I could be wrong....I'm pretty new to this platform.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2019, 10:22:54 AM »
The 40 might just be the newest iteration of key/clear for the gameking the way the 45 is for the s2000

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2019, 10:54:53 AM »
The 40 might just be the newest iteration of key/clear for the gameking the way the 45 is for the s2000
:I_agree_1:  22 or 40 should work.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2019, 11:19:06 PM »
Look what happened when I tried the Key22 on the Game King.

I made you guys a video from my youtube account...link below in green ...>>>

<a href="http://youtu.be/Vq0idhwKiog" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/Vq0idhwKiog</a>

This thing is driving me batty trying to get the darn poker game up... :duh: :rotfl: :24:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 03:25:15 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2019, 04:25:58 AM »
If your keychip is older than your software you might need the 40. Or if your MPU is an044.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2019, 06:19:45 AM »
If your keychip is older than your software you might need the 40. Or if your MPU is an044.

I''l try to get a Key40 then... ( it never ends eh? LOL)

Hmm...I wish they would of put something in the message more specific than "A System Error Occurred"    :rotfl:

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 07:04:10 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2019, 06:43:08 AM »
Check your email! 

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »
Thanks to ALL that have helped me get this puppy up and running!  :applause:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a poker machine!

***UPDATE***

Apparently it's some sort of "procedure" because both MPU's seem to work when I swap the game software from MPU to MPU -that's when the KEYS Clear the MB eeprom.

If I swap MPU's to MB's, the MB eeprom gets "locked" to previous game & MPU - this is when the KEYS don't Clear the MB eeprom.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:03:22 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2019, 06:11:07 PM »
I hooked up a nice 19" VisionPro LCD touchscreen monitor from Suzy-Happy to my 19-Pin harness.
Turned it on & got a beautiful band new screen!

Of course the 3M MicroTouch controller board has a couple of different harnesses - a DB9-Pin Serial plug and a USB plug.
I think that's great that they put both of these cables to the touch control board but they're not compatible connectors for a Game King's 5-Pin connector.
Making an adapter won't be a problem for me because I had all the pins and Molexes, but trying to understand which wires I should connect is somewhat of a puzzle because of the difference of words & terminology IGT and 3M use.
The new touchscreen has a 7-pin Molex coming from the DB9-Pin Serial plug.

I've already taken a multimeter to the pins in this harness and found that they're only using 5 pins from the DB9.

The two screws that normally hold the DB9 to a video monitor are carrying the earth ground from pin 7 of the 7-pin Molex on the touchscreen board.
My goal is to simply cut off the DB9 connector and use the 6 wires inside to go to the IGT harness that runs back to the MB.

I did some research and came up with a couple of diagrams which I've posted below.
Can anyone tell me if the RXD and TXD are the same? They appear to be the same?
I also need to understand which would be the CTS and RTS lines.
But also, which wire would match up to the Black [MRESET] wire? #1 RTS?

The other issue of note is the power (12V) to the microtouch board.
It's not a biggie but I believe all I need to do there is change the 2-Pin Molex.
Attached below are the two diagrams....you can see I've added the IGT wiring colors.
Click to enlarge if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 09:08:10 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.
  • Bally 873; Game King 3502/3902; Atari System 2
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »

Great job, and a round of applause to those who helped in this project! I could only dream of putting something like this together!

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2019, 07:56:36 PM »

Great job, and a round of applause to those who helped in this project! I could only dream of putting something like this together!
:money: :money: :money: My wallet has shrunken making this thing!   :24:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2019, 03:24:45 PM »
Picture of the entire machine or it didn't happen!  :rotfl:

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2019, 08:59:04 PM »
It's all spread out on a bench!
Pitiful eh? lol
It looks like nothing but wires!  :duh:
I need a cabinet!  :yes:
Video link in green here...>>>  https://youtu.be/2QVvMMz9C7M

« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 10:28:03 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2019, 11:51:37 AM »
I could cry... :rotfl: It fell off of the MPU tray onto the power supply below.... :sillyme:
I heard it crack...you don't know disappointment until you raised it up and see the front of it...lol

I removed the 3M Touchscreen glass...got the numbers...17-9191-204-01 Microtouch R02 TIO

Have to try to find a replacement.

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2019, 05:28:03 PM »
Is that the same touchscreen interface used on a standard 17" GK CRT?  If so, I may be able to help you out.  I have a whole chassis with a bad component in the CRT itself.  If it sounds right I can strip the mask off and look for a part number tomorrow?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2019, 05:39:12 PM »
A crt touchscreen is curved, while a lcd is flat.  Don't think it will work.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2019, 08:11:47 PM »
Is that the same touchscreen interface used on a standard 17" GK CRT?  If so, I may be able to help you out.  I have a whole chassis with a bad component in the CRT itself.  If it sounds right I can strip the mask off and look for a part number tomorrow?
Thanks off-track but this one is a flat 17".
I'm working on a different touchscreen.
I might have problems in calibration...I don't know yet.
I will have a video up soon.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal