New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King Bulb Replacement  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Game King Bulb Replacement
« on: February 17, 2014, 11:23:17 AM »
Two more questions:
1. The upper florescent bulb is out. We replaced it with a new one and it's still out. I can't find a starter...just the ballast. Do those go out often?
2. Some of the button bulbs are out. Do those just pull out from the inside? It didn't look as easy as my other machines! 
shortrackskater

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 01:44:40 AM »

game king and s2000 use a DC ballast, no starter. change the ballast. not sure which buttons you have but you should beable to get them out from the bottom

leapyearguy

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 07:17:38 PM »

Game King & especially I-game buttons are a pain to replace bulbs from the inside so I change them from the outside very easily.  I use channel lock pliers to remove the clear plastic cover to get access to the bulbs and then use a bulb extractor to remove & replace the bulb and then just snap the plastic cover (& legend) back onto the button.   
rslots
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 07:28:15 PM »

Wow, I've never tried that.  I know a quarter-turn clockwise releases the switch assembly from the mounted buttons, then I just pull the light out.  The hard ones are the ones in the corners (like the Change button), but the others are not too bad, just in tight quarters.  I've never tried pulling them from the top.  I'll have to give that a shot.  Thanks!
4 Deuces

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 08:09:29 PM »

The trick is getting the bulbs out so with the right tool you are like to burst the bulb.  I use both of these extractors:

http://na.suzohapp.com/pushbuttons/921058600.htm

http://na.suzohapp.com/lighting/92176300.htm?SS=92-10586-00

For the 2nd one I glued in some thin rubber inserts to grab the bulbs better as the stock tool cannot remove a bulb that is in tight.  The metal grabber slips right off the glass.  Not enough friction.  But with the rubber I have always been able to get them out.  Pretty painless. 

The first one comes with a tool to remove the lens cover but I find a good pair of channel lock pliers to work best.  Just adjust the width to the size of the button and grip the side of the plastic lens and wiggle a little side to side and it pops right off. 

I do this on S2000 5 reel machines as well (with the dual row of buttons for playing lines & coins) as they are a real pain to get to from the inside.   
rslots
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 10:14:20 PM »

I didn't think the front covers came off without taking the socket off but I guess that makes sense. I'd probably try a rubber piece with the channel locks to avoid scratching the sides. That seems much easier. I can't believe they designed that with so little space in there. Last question...is that bulb a #86 wedge? Where's the best place to get them? I see some on ebay for around $10 for ten.
Thanks again.

shortrackskater

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 11:26:51 PM »

A pair of needle nose works well to remove the lenses and get the bulbs out as well as long as your careful not to squeeze too hard and break the bulb as said earlier.

Swap your bulbs to LED and its much easier since they have plastic sides and the needle nose wont slip off the glass.

Game King/IGame and S2000 buttons take a #73 bulb.  The 86 is 6v and you need a 12v bulb so the 86 will not work your Game King

cruisepl

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 12:35:46 PM »

Thanks again everyone for all the help.
Bulbs are all working now. What I did was use a very small screwdriver which fit in the gap between the cover and the plastic frame. I was able to just carefully pry it up, the put the screwdriver on the opposite side and snap it off easily without nicking either part.
Then to remove the bulb, I just put a piece of heat shrink tubing around the bulb and pulled it off with needle nose pliers.
For the new bulb, I just placed the heat shrink tubing around it and reversed the process. After snapping the bulb in, I just wiggled the tubing off, keeping the bulb in place.
This process was incredibly easy...much better than replacing from the opposite side!  applause
Anyway...my repair job was 100% successful. This machine of my friends is working completely now. I didn't want to charge them, but they were kind enough to give me a Christmas card. I brought it home, opened it and there was a $100 bill inside!

shortrackskater

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal