New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT SMLD DYNAMIC BUTTONS SET UP  (Read 3303 times)

Offline arivera18

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • arivera18 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT SMLD DYNAMIC BUTTONS SET UP
« on: October 24, 2020, 06:55:46 AM »
I recently purchased a IGT SMLD unit to repair , everything is working fine except the DYNAMIC BUTTONS....
Can anyone help with the set up or maybe if you have the same keyboard tell me the position of the switches in the small board by the keyboard and the sister board in the back
The board in the back are set to off all 4 of them , the chip is BFB00005.

I have replaced the rear dynamic board , the 10 buttons,the small board in the front, the cables from the boards to the pack plate and oven got a new chip (BFB00005 )

Offline arivera18

• NLG
Re: IGT SMLD DYNAMIC BUTTONS SET UP
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 07:01:40 AM »
Here are some more pic hopefully someone can show me a heading to start ...any manuals or schematics on IGT SMLD will also be appreciated.

I keep getting this CSDA error v01 in all buttons

Offline arivera18

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 07:03:09 AM »
Here are more pic

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 09:14:14 AM »
boot with ekey and diagnostic drive to see if the system sees the firmware on the button controller board.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 07:59:48 AM »
Backfin controller is probably not flashed for edgelite buttons.  I'm not sure on firmware number for this. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 09:20:09 AM »
You need at least BFDB006E, but BFDB008E is the one I'm using.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline arivera18

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 06:21:11 PM »
I will try tomorrow to boot with the key 7 and diag and see what it said , will updated you guys , thanks

Offline arivera18

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 07:38:51 AM »
Still missing something.......
I got a Dynamic board with updated version without no luck , here are some pic ..
The Dynamic keyboard is not detected, or at least that’s where it’s supposed to be

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 08:04:38 AM »
Can't read your posted pics.  Resolution is too low.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 08:31:11 AM »
What Ted said, too small to read.  But if you are getting firmware information back from the blackfin, and still get no buttons connected, you might want to try a different:

1. HDMI cable
2. Button interface board (where the hdmi cable and button ribbon cable plug into)
3. Ribbon cable.

One time I had the bottom portion of the button controller not work correctly which caused the same issue as yours, where the blackfin reported it's firmware, but nothing worked. Do you know for sure the controller assembly you bought is known to be working?

Offline Igtpoker

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Igtpoker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2023, 05:23:03 PM »
Hi Did you get this sorted as i have the same problen

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal