New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Touch Screen Issue  (Read 1323 times)

Offline sbsgroup

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • sbsgroup New User barely matters.sbsgroup New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Touch Screen Issue
« on: December 04, 2020, 07:59:52 AM »
I have a AVP with a MLD monitor monitor looks great and when I check it I don't find any dead spots in the touch screen.  When the games are loaded one area of the screen is not very responsive.  You select a came it may take a couple of tries but it will finally work.  Any ideas what to check if anything.

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Touch Screen Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 11:31:51 AM »
I have a AVP with a MLD monitor monitor looks great and when I check it I don't find any dead spots in the touch screen.  When the games are loaded one area of the screen is not very responsive.  You select a came it may take a couple of tries but it will finally work.  Any ideas what to check if anything.
DT touchscreens are the worst. I assume you have one.. Easy way to check is if there are 6 spots to touch in the config or only 2, 6 being a DT.

If there are no scratches etc on the screen you can modify the connector on the 3M touchscreen controller and plug into the DT TS. It'll work flawlessly then. - Much cheaper than a $450 monitor or those cheap junk replacement touchscreens that last a week.

:wave:

Offline sbsgroup

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 11:36:52 AM »
Thanks so much,  it is a DT,  how do I modify the connection.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 11:46:20 AM »
Thanks so much,  it is a DT,  how do I modify the connection.
I'll have to look at my notes but basically a DT is a 6pin and a 3m is a 5pin. You remove all 5 wires from the black 3m connector and put them in the DT black connector but opposite what the 3m was, leaving pin 6 empty. Hope that makes sense. (pin 1 on the 3m would now be pin 5 when inserted into the DT connector.)

I have done it many times and it fixes those POS jumpy or dead spot DT touchscreens. I have had a couple that just have dead spots that only a hammer and trashcan can fix, but worth a shot if you have a spare 3M controller for an MLD (firmware).

Offline sbsgroup

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 12:01:36 PM »
If you dont mind check your notes and let me know.
Thanks

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 12:21:13 PM »
If you dont mind check your notes and let me know.
Thanks
Do you have a MLD 3m controller? If so, you can take the monitor apart and see the connectors and post a pic. - I have a G23 here with that fix but would hate to take the monitor apart for some pics.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 12:24:18 PM »
From Delphi:

Face up the tail of old DG tech touch, take out the black 6 pin connector out ( pin 6 not use)

Face up the new 3m that we install has 5 pin black connector, take out that black connector.

now face down the tail of the 3m TS, put the 6pin connector from DG tech into it. Now connect it back to that wire to the controller. Thats all.

remember if you don't flip the 3m tail over but connect same direction like that when you calibrate it will touch in opposite position.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal