New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King buttons not working  (Read 2807 times)

Offline seadoo10

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • seadoo10 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game King buttons not working
« on: January 19, 2021, 10:38:16 AM »
I have upgraded my 3902 board to an 044 with a SS poker flash board quite some time ago.  Recently the bill acceptor stopped working, so I replaced it. Bill acceptor works. Now when the machine boots up everything is working except the buttons, no lights, no response.  The game loads normally and is playable just without the buttons.  Any ideas?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Game King buttons not working
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 11:27:58 AM »
try and push in on the I/O card mounted on the inner door panel, these come loose for some reason, actually have had some zip tyed  in place so they wouldn't come loose.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline wizeone

• Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 11:58:57 AM »
might also want to make sure that J7,J8 and J9 are all fully plugged in on the motherboard.
J7 spare senet
J8 cab senet
J9 door senet

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 02:00:41 PM »
How many rows of buttons do you have on your machine?  If two, does either one work?

Offline seadoo10

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 11:13:14 PM »
two rows, neither row works

Offline seadoo10

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 08:11:43 AM »
All connection seen tight.  Is there anywhere I can check for voltage?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 10:27:02 AM »
The problem started when you changed the bill validator? 

The line bet lamps and buttons are controlled by the right I/O card in the cabinet and the rest of the buttons by the door I/O card.  If the line bet I/O board was bad the buttons and switches wouldn't work, but if the door I/O board was bad you'd lose the other buttons and also have other errors like Coin-in Jam.  If the entire SENET bus was down you'd also get a meters disconnected error.   I don't think your problem lies there.

Are there any door open errors on the bottom of the screen? Door Open M or B? If the machine thinks a door is open it will not enable any buttons or lights until it sees them as being closed. 

Offline seadoo10

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 01:09:21 PM »
The door open message goes away when I close the door.  I don't remember for sure but isn't the bill acceptor supposed to cycle when the door is closed?  Also, if the door wasn't closed the game would not play right?  This is driving me nuts.  When I remove or replace the door I/O card the yellow light for the machine accepts denomination goes on.  Could it possibly be the backplane that went bad?   

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 01:18:57 PM »
Are you removing and replacing the I/O card with the power on to see the yellow light turns on and off?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 01:31:59 PM »
Also, did you switch the I/O harnesses or I/O cards?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 02:00:34 PM »
Yeah, that's true, it wouldn't play at all if any of the doors were open.  The door I/O card provides power to the denomination panel.  See Ken's question above, if you removed or replaced the I/O cards with the power on you may have damaged them.

Offline seadoo10

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 03:09:47 PM »
I think that may have happened.  I have one on order anyway to test with.  I'll update after I get it.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 04:45:03 PM »
I hope you bought 802 I/O's....they're for 2-row button decks.
The 801's are for single-row decks.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline seadoo10

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 12:11:40 PM »
[size=0px]I did purchase the 802 I/O card.  I got the new door I/O card today.  Still not working.  Didn't get a new one for the inside of the cabinet.  Should I replace that one too?  Just another thought, would a stuck button keep all the buttons from working or is it probably a power issue?[/size]

Offline wizeone

• Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2021, 12:26:05 PM »
have you tried checking the diagnostics? (test/setup button, (touch) diagnostics-> inputs and outputs test -> front panel i/o test) when button is pressed it should change from a 0 to 1 and back when the button is no longer pressed.

a stuck button would cause it to always show 1

Offline seadoo10

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 01:28:56 PM »
Yes, I did.  Shows no response from any of the buttons

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 02:24:22 PM »
Yes, I did.  Shows no response from any of the buttons
What number is showing in the deck button tests...a one [ 1 ] or a zero [ 0 ] ?

Offline seadoo10

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 06:45:40 PM »
Here is a pic.  Nothing changes when I press the buttons

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2021, 10:11:44 PM »
Your coin-in optics board is showing one's on [A] and  optics...that's is normal because the optics are seeing each other.
When a coin goes thru, it breaks the beam and makes them zero's for a millisecond.

Can you give us some history?
When the buttons were okay, do you possibly think you may have done something, anything unusual perhaps, to make them in-operational?
Something isn't connected on that button deck perhaps?
Check the button switch wiring ...make sure something isn't backwards or looks different from the other buttons.
A crossed button wire would make the machine think a button is "stuck"...but the weird thing is nothing is showing in the button tests.

So yeah, without me being in front of the machine, I'm outta ideas.
I'd be checking every bloody connection and making sure everything is connected where they're supposed to be.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 08:58:07 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline seadoo10

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 03:00:21 AM »
I did have all of the buttons out and wires disconnected.  I rewired them according to the schematic in the files section.  I will verify the wiring and check voltages at the buttons as well as the senets. My buttons have only five connectors.  No connector for the green ground wires.  Does someone have a wiring diagram for the buttons?  I suppose its possible that they are wired wrong
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 03:35:49 AM by seadoo10 »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal