New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Display going out  (Read 5939 times)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Display going out
« on: September 18, 2014, 05:30:56 PM »
For weeks I have had the problem of the display going blank then coming back on and booting again. It seemed that latching the door was the problem as every time it would do it. I shook and pulled on all wiring but could not pin it down. I banged my hand on the side of the machine and out it went. Kept checking and finally found that wiggling the mpu tray would do it every time. Not pulling on it just finger pressure sideways. Decided to change mpu and tray and all seemed good until game type mis-match came up. Tried putting original board back in and same message. I think I remember this being something in game setup. Should I just go ahead and do a full clear then set everything again?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:26:16 PM by therockinelvis »
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
Re: Display going out
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 06:13:22 PM »
When you insert a MPU and turn on
the MPU checks a few things during memory tests:
Processor board number, yes each one has a unique serial number
SG Game chip
SB Base chip
VS Version
SS chip - S+ reel chip

f none match then the MPU will display the corresponding error
All you have to do it press the test switch a few times and turn the jackpot key and close door just like you do in a game change

Keep that clear chip as far away from the machine as possible

Next time you get a display problem just push in on the MPU firmly.
Consider changing the motherboard/back plane if you still have issues with the display going out.
If you do replace the motherboard/back plane  swap the Serial EEPROM 24C16 to the replacement so you do not have to set up things again.

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 01:40:59 AM »
Thanks Foster, I did get those messages and turned the key and pushed the button. Right after maiden reel spin is when mismatch came up alternating door M open. Even after putting original board back in. There must be a problem with the original board since it was not making good contact. It was pushed in firmly. The vibration from door latch and pushing max. bet would make it wiggle and then lose display and once door was opened again it would come on and start booting again and being a vision it takes more than regular 30 second boot.

the rockin elvis

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 04:17:36 AM »
Sounds like you are putting a different set of SG, SB and VS chips in when you try another MPU.

Try not to introduce other issues by moving the correct chips to the replacement MPU.

That way it only see's the processor ID change and also so the top box computer boots correctly.

Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 12:39:11 PM »
I know better than that. I used the same chips that were original with the exception of the cmos that were already on board. Even switched them.

the rockin elvis

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 04:15:16 PM »
Is the display that is out the top box computer or one of the two on the door?

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 05:35:41 PM »
It is the vfd and display on right. I went to settings and machine had changed to unknown, set to upright. Denomination was blank, set to .25. Now it boots up. Still same problem. Lightest tap on machine like smacking the max bet button makes displays go out then come back and start booting again. I pushed tray all the way in then pulled back very slight and it is better. Will change tray and board again to see if that stops it. I'm leaning toward the back plane which I have no extra of. Guess I could put board and rfa card in another machine to see if it follows the board.

the rockin elvis

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »
When You mentioned display initially I was thinking VFD and or LED display but I wanted to make sure

Even if you do not have a replacement you can extract it and inspect it for connector and trace issues.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 05:17:46 AM »
It looks like it is a pain to get the back plane out.

the rockin elvis

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 06:13:20 AM »
One screw holds the tray cover in place, Front bottom there is a hole in the cover so you an insert a screwdriver
take the Cabinet I/O loose as well, two nuts secure it.
the cover will slide forward and up just enough for you get it out.
Screws secure the back plane board.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 07:24:13 AM »
did you make sure the power supply is securely tightened into place?

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 08:37:17 AM »
One screw holds the tray cover in place, Front bottom there is a hole in the cover so you an insert a screwdriver
take the Cabinet I/O loose as well, two nuts secure it.
the cover will slide forward and up just enough for you get it out.
Screws secure the back plane board.

Thanks. That will make it so easy to take apart.  And yes I checked the power supply first.

the rockin elvis

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 04:21:04 PM »
If you end up needing a backplane I probably have one laying around, let me know...

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 06:54:53 PM »
I called John at Rudy's and he is sending one. Thanks

the rockin elvis

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 07:34:49 PM »
No problem, thanks for giving John some business :applause:

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 05:50:59 AM »
I was shocked to have 3 extra tray's with boards but no back planes.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 06:32:36 PM »
OK for anyone looking for my fix. It was the back plane board. I replaced it and now the MPU slides in and it is actually snug as they slide together unlike before very loose. Not a HONEYMOON fit at all.

the rockin elvis

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 09:50:12 PM »
Glad you have it working perfectly now

So the Amphenol board connections have become loose.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 04:05:38 PM »
John, sent me 2 different boards. A 960 stepper and a stepper video. Only noticed 1 difference at the bill validator connection. They go different directions. I am thinking either can be used as I have converted regular S2000's to Vision and had no problems

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 05:24:51 PM »
OK guy's, I thought I had it. Plays just fine over and over. Bet 1, 2, or 3 and pull the handle and out goes the display and the machine spends the next 2.5 minutes booting again. So must be something with the wiring around it. I remember Steve (buybest) changing the wba and fixing his. So I guess I'll start by removing it to examine the pull arm mech.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal