New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Troubleshooting S2000 504B CPU  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Kooper06

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Kooper06 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Troubleshooting S2000 504B CPU
« on: February 12, 2022, 09:57:16 AM »
Quick question to those who have been around the block. I have two S2000s and swapped CPU to troubleshoot an Open Door MB and now the known good board back in the original machine has a closure M, Call Attendant and Machine type Mismatch. Do I need to clear that board with a 224 chip and rekey it with a 45 chip or can I just rekey it?

Offline DB26

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Troubleshooting S2000 504B CPU
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 03:49:01 PM »
You put the original working MPU back into the working machine? If that’s the case, try just turning the jackpot key until the error clears.

You should rarely ever need to clear a machine. That’s just for changing the acounting denomination.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 11:27:23 PM by DB26 »
-Robert

Offline lookes

• Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 04:43:08 PM »
Just the reset key and MPU reset button will not fix this. You will find the accounting value and coin value will just be dashes. You can fix the accounting and coin in errors by selecting them in menu 7.1 and pressing the spin button. It will let you change those as well as machine type without clearing. You won't be able to set TITO up unless you key chip. (if you have it) Your bad board is corrupting the EEPROM on the motherboard/backplane of anything you install it in.  I see this often. Get your MPU repaired, or just replace it.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 05:05:28 PM »
Your bad board is corrupting the EEPROM on the motherboard/backplane of anything you install it in.  I see this often. Get your MPU repaired, or just replace it.
Very good info!!

Offline DB26

• DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 06:02:10 PM »
Yes good info, lookes. Is it battery damage on his board?
-Robert

Offline Kooper06

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 06:27:18 PM »
The board that had the problem with the Door Open MB is out for repair. The one that is in question is the good board that I took out of my other machine. So again the good board went into another machine for troubleshooting and I got the EPROM error as expected and I then hit the reset button. So I would assume that I corrupted/confused that MPU so when it went back into the original machine that is when I got the Closure M, Call Attendant, Machine Type Mismatch. I don’t think I harmed the board I just need the board to recognize the original machine. So back to the Original question do what do I need to do for the good machine to recognize its original board? I don’t think turning the jackpot key will fix anything!!!

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 09:22:31 PM »
Try lookes post first setting machine type and denom
If that doesn't get you going then,
Key 45 and set up the machine.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 11:29:10 PM »
Odd! You said you see this often?  Thanks crazy. I wonder what/how it is corrupting the eeprom.
-Robert

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2022, 07:36:17 AM »
EEPROM could be bad on the motherboard in the original machine. Could be bad in the other machine too. They do go bad once in a while.

MPU could be bad and caused the damage to the EEPROM.

Just my 2 cents.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2022, 09:22:01 AM »
If you change MPUs and you don't change out the chips (especially if it has different SGs) you will corrupt the EEprom. Folks that think they want to test a cabinet  with a known working MPU set from another working machine will surely corrupt the eeprom.
Simple fix is to key and reset the incorrect settings.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2022, 10:16:28 AM »
 :agreepost:

Just for reference, you're all talking about the 8-pin 24C16 eeprom pdip chip located at U2 right?

I second that I've had these chips go bad too at times....only fix was to swap with a new one.

Only at last resort do I use an IVC224 Clear procedure, to see if I can restore them to any use at all before throwing into the trash.

They are rated for a million write cycles and can hold data for 100 years according to technical sheets, but we've perfected a way to use our slot machines to destroy them in less than 20 years!  :24:

https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/doc0180.pdf
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline lookes

• Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2022, 11:05:47 AM »
That chip is read from and written to by the SENET controller (U721), but it is not a SENET device. Occasionally the controller chip can be bad, (not often) or more likely an I/O controller is messed up (usually U52) and the board starts sending random gibberish out to all devices. I use the same chipset on all boards I work on so that if the EEPROM gets corrupted, I know where to start looking for problems. I've never had to clear. A corrupted EEPROM is just as good as cleared already. Just keychip and make sure the Accounting and Coin values are correct, and then set things up.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline Kooper06

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2022, 01:54:11 PM »
I’ve gone through all of my settings because I placed this board in another machine with the wrong Stepper Base which should have been a SB10023 and I notice that I had to change several settings on the machine to include the denomination, machine type and serial number which was zero’ed out. Now that I’ve changed that I no longer have the Call Attendant and Machine Type Mismatch. I still have the Door Open M and a new one (Please Select WAMM or IPC). I’ll wait for the key 45 to arrive tomorrow and then try and go through all of my settings again. I’m getting very familiar with these machines but still have a lot to learn.

Offline Kooper06

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2022, 01:58:54 PM »
Real quick I just wanted to sent a shout out to NLG and everyone that supports this site. I’m a Newbie and would be lost with out this pleather of knowledge from all of you! Please continue what your doing and I look forward to reading all of the forums and all the help that’s offered!!!

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2022, 04:36:45 PM »
I've noticed certain SG GME 1&2 chip pairs will make this message [Please Select WAMM or IPC] pop up on the blue VFD display.

What SG GME chips are you using?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2022, 04:50:36 PM »
You can set WAMM or IPC with the SGs that you have.
Re key with the 45 and go to 7.1.4 and set to WAMM.

Offline Kooper06

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2022, 10:59:04 AM »
I am running the SG00312 for both the GME 1&2. I’ll try rekeying it and see what I get.

Offline Kooper06

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2022, 05:03:49 PM »
So I got both my Key 45 and 224 clear chip today. It took a couple of runs to get it done right but my machine is back up and running like a champ. The Please Select WAMM or IPC I was able to change after the clear and Key. I believe I found it in section 7.4 but when I went back to double check after the machine was running I wasn’t able to get to that section. Lesson learned NEVER TAKE YOUR BOARD FROM A GOOD MACHINE AND PUT IT IN A BAD FOR TROUBLESHOOTING! Best take away from all of this is better S2000 understanding.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2022, 05:23:40 PM »
FYI  The reason why you were allowed into those settings earlier is because you performed a clear procedure and then opened it with a Key.

Once you set it and exit out of the options, you can't get back in unless you start all over.

I could be wrong but that's my experience...lol

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2022, 05:30:52 PM »
Lesson learned NEVER TAKE YOUR BOARD FROM A GOOD MACHINE AND PUT IT IN A BAD FOR TROUBLESHOOTING! Best take away from all of this is better S2000 understanding.

Honesty, I think you should still be able to do this. Maybe it’s good advice for a newbie, but I swap boards all the time for troubleshooting. Having to do a clear and key because of a problem is just part of the process.
-Robert

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal