New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Super Spin Sizzling 7's Static noise ?  (Read 9036 times)

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
Re: Super Spin Sizzling 7's Static noise ?
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 01:58:53 AM »
I agree noisy audio would bother me as well.

The audio problems with the 501 to 504A MPU's is well documented on the old forum.
IGT even came out with a technical bulletin/instructions for making modifications to 501 to 504A MPU's to lower the noise/static on them

I do not know if adding attenuating resistors between amp and speakers will help but if you do so add 47 ohm resistor to the harness going to each speaker,
Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline gvt1911

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gvt1911 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 06:16:19 AM »
Thanks for the advice and pointers...May I ask if the "noise" that you are speaking of is constant? My "noise" is not constant at all, it only happens maybe one time out of 200-250 spins...Otherwise the machine is fine...I do not hear anything similar to what was descibed in previous posts...My sound is similar to having a guitar and amp hooked up and then you pull the cord out of the guitar and hold hand on end of plug...The sound that comes out of the amp is a VERY loud hummmm....

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 11:11:42 AM »
The buzz that others have fixed is very constant and loud enough to be annoying.
I even had it before I got my 504B shortly after installing the Amp.

Since yours only occurs once in a couple hundred spins or so might be harder to track down the cause.

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2014, 12:56:19 PM »
See If I can list everything that has something to do with the sounds.

1 MPU
2 Backplane
3 electrical connections
4 Amp
5 MM II sound board and SIMM
6 Speakers
7 The base chip

From what work you have already done I would try replacing the base chip. Tell you what, post the number from your base chip and if I have that file I'll make you one at no charge. If I don't have that file I'm pretty sure one of our members will share with me. ( I don't think I have it )

Foster is correct about the resistors. They will cut back on a constant humm, matter of fact you will get the humm even if the reels are not spinning. But there is no way I can recommend using a 47 Ohm resistor. I've tried a whole bunch of them and found a 22 Ohm  worked best. Sure the 47 will take the humm out but it will also reduce your top volume down to a level where if you were having a party you couldn't turn the machine up high enough to hear it.

PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline gvt1911

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 02:46:55 PM »
Buzz,
Thanks a bunch...If I have time tomorrow, I will pull the MPU out and take pics with numbers...I am not as savvy as you when it comes to chips, MPU's, etc...Just starting to learn and you guys are VERY helpful... :hail:

Offline gvt1911

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 11:33:44 AM »
Well, finally got around to taking some pictures...I hope I am showing the needed info on the chips, board, etc...

Offline Buzz

• Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 01:25:40 PM »
Well your in luck, I do have the files for SB100715  3 Reel 3 coin Super Spin Sizzling 7s PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail.

Now if it were me I would shit can those SG000137 game chips and replace them with SG000363, you ask why, because I like the 363s and I don't know anything about the 137s except they are a low numbered chip. Maybe someone else here has a better idea and will speak out.

I made you a offer of a SB chip at no charge and that offer is still good. Now heres a new offer, For the low price of 20 bucks I'll send you a Key 31, Clear 97, and a pair of SG000363s.all you will have to do is make a $20 donation to NLG, either way you get the SB100715.

Offline Buzz

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2014, 02:24:48 PM »
After going back and looking at your pictures  I think I would also change your version chip to a VS011GX1 just in case you ever wanted to go Multi Denom

Offline gvt1911

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2014, 02:32:40 PM »
Buzz,
I think I will leave the version chip alone...Wife is the only player....Hope you got my PM...
 :thank_you:

Offline mvco

• Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »
If this is the 4th reel bonus type game, I do not think SG 363's will work.  At least they do not on mine.  That game seems to run well on a SG 399 set of game chips.  Just a heads up, I beat my head against the wall trying to make one of these run on the trustworthy old 363's I have come to love.

Offline gvt1911

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 07:05:54 PM »
This is the machine with the 4th bonus reel...Thanks for the heads up on the chips... :applause:

Offline Buzz

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2014, 09:22:51 PM »
Let me ask what will 399s do for him that 137 won't do ?? I have either one I can send. Truth is I don't think I've ever had a Sizzling 7 machine.

Offline gvt1911

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 06:50:41 AM »
Buzz, Thanks for the chips... :thank_you:  I installed new chip and thought I had it licked, but at around the 90th spin, I got the noise agin for a very short time...I do believe it is better...Guess next step would be to change MPU out...Right now we are just spinning the reels and enjoying... :waving_flag:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal