New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ with no display  (Read 8666 times)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
S+ with no display
« on: October 19, 2014, 05:12:31 PM »
Man called with an S+ that while it was on the displays went out. Sent him a known good power cable for the mother board to power supply. Still no displays. He had the normal burnt -5 green wire. What do I check next? Hope to find fix by email or phone since he is 2 hours away.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: S+ with no display
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 06:36:34 PM »
You might have him check for burns on the pins where the plug goes on the motherboard. Also have him check to make sure the display plug didn't just come loose. What is the current operating state of the machine?

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 10:55:35 PM »
I will agree that the power to motherboard harness is a big issue.

I would say have the owner check a few things
1 Do the reels feel like they would take some force to move? if yes that means that the mpu is getting power and working.
2 if the above is true will the machine accept coins, tokens or currency if Bill acceptor installed and enabled?
3 the display not working will not keep the machine from completing a game play.
The S+ MPU can function and complete a game play without the display working.
The S+ MPU can not tell the display is not working.

The S+ display only decodes a byte into 2 nibbles
One nibble is the value and one nibble is the digit location (1's, 10'sl, 100's, etc)
IGT likes Binary Coded Decimal.

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 02:52:42 PM »
OK, I talked to the owner. The reels are stiff showing they are getting power. The WBA is powering up and cycling. No display in coins played or any. Reels do not do maiden spin and all buttons do not function. MPU or mother board problem? I know that if optics were bad the display would still light.

the rockin elvis

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 03:12:32 PM »
Have the fuses been checked?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 03:29:14 PM »
Just told him to check fuses. I've never had one blow, so didn't think of that. He said machine was on, sitting idle when the displays went out.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:37:28 PM by therockinelvis »

the rockin elvis

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 09:14:26 PM »
I wanna say its the middle fuse (what is that, an 8A?, but can't be sure). I know I learned this fromJim/MidWest Slots, so if if works, kudos to him...if it doesn't, well, good luck!  :EmoticonHelp4:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 01:00:08 PM »
He say's fuses are good. Could it be a bad power supply? I can't find the thread about the 6 pin cable telling what voltages to what pins. I know the 2 green wires are grounds. I am thinking there is 12 and 24 VAC power to the S+. Machine is dead except for cabinet lights, WBA cycling and reels being stiff. I know I will have to make a 2 hour drive so want to have everything possible with me.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 03:03:32 PM »
take a motherboard, mpu, a display,  and a power supply.  I don't think you need anything else.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • tollguy316 New User barely matters.tollguy316 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 05:03:53 AM »
I'm saying it's the Power supply.   Had a guy a while back with same issue....  Keep us updated.  Bill

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 10:04:13 AM »
A few months ago I ask Joey if he had ever had to change a power supply in a S+, he said one time and only because a coin shorted it out.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 10:09:16 AM »
I plan on checking voltages at power cable. I read somewhere about which pins do what but can't find it now. I'm thinking 5 and 6 are 24 and 1 and 3 are 12 and 2 and 4 are 12 or 5. Anyone know the drill?

the rockin elvis

Offline CommTech

• Joe
  • Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • CommTech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 11:36:10 AM »
I plan on checking voltages at power cable. I read somewhere about which pins do what but can't find it now. I'm thinking 5 and 6 are 24 and 1 and 3 are 12 and 2 and 4 are 12 or 5. Anyone know the drill?

Here is a document that I made a few years ago ...

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 12:34:11 PM »
Thanks CommTech. If I'm reading right 5 and 6 make 24 vac. 2 and 3 make 7 vac. 2 and 4 make 8 vac. #1 center tap to #6 for 24 vac??

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »
I've got an unknown good power supply here. I plugged it in to check for voltages. I am guessing it can't be done out of the machine since the on/off switch is not hooked up.

the rockin elvis

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 02:27:02 PM »
Don't ignore the obvious, the display board may be defective.

Have had to repair a couple of those over the years and the display driver chips go bad.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Buzz

• Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 04:08:08 PM »
Don't ignore the obvious, the display board may be defective.

Wrong,  if everything else is good the machine will play even if there is no display installed on the machine.

OK lets think about this, you say you can't bench check a S  power supply that is out of a machine because of the On/Off switch  :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: I say five minutes or less you can remove a On/Off switch from a machine, plug it into the power supply on the bench and test away !! ( Can't be done huh )

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 05:26:29 PM »
The game will work without the display.

Try it, unplug the display on a game and play the game.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 06:26:00 PM »
Yes, Guy's a game will play without the display. Just not this one because it is not getting any power. The reels are stiff so whatever voltage that is works. I guess what I was asking is if the on/off switch was needed and that seems to be yes. I am going to the machine on Tuesday, so I hope I have everything needed so I don't have to go 2 hours away again.

the rockin elvis

Offline Buzz

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 06:39:40 PM »
The game will work without the display.

Try it, unplug the display on a game and play the game.

Unlike some of our members that let their alligator mouths overload their hummingbird asses before I post something like I just posted I go to a machine and make sure what I'm posting is correct. YES there are two small molex plugs going to the display on a S+ and if you were to unplug both of them the game will still play. IF I knew how to upload a video to Utube I would show you.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal