New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Stuck in setup routine after 61-1 clear  (Read 7175 times)

Offline rickds

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rickds New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ Stuck in setup routine after 61-1 clear
« on: October 21, 2014, 02:48:57 PM »
So yesterday I was able to clear a 61-1 loop after replacing the on board battery a while back, using clear/set chips. It's an S+ Double Diamond 3 coin multiplier machine.

When I flip the switch to turn the machine on it goes through the startup routine and the reels spin and stop but then nothing. From what I understand the 'INSERT COIN' light should come on and should just work. If I do nothing then a couple seconds later the reels will spin/stop again. The only indicator lights that show up is a 0 in the coins played area. If I put a coin in the machine it just goes down into the tray.

I'm not really sure what to do here. I haven't read anything about needing to set everything up for it to work. I have a quarter in the coin comparitor and used the set chip to setup correct denomination and activate the DBV. In case lights are out and the comparitor wasn't working I tried putting a dollar in, though it appears something is stopping the bill from going through. I'm not sure though if it's some issue due to the game not being ready to be played or if there's just an issue with the DBV and comparitor and the coin indicator lights are out. Is there a setup routine that tests those or anyone give any other hints on what to do?

Thanks.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: S+ Stuck in setup routine after 61-1 clear
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 03:06:43 PM »
Hs this machine ever operated correctly for you, or is the machine new to you?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 05:06:48 PM »
Door optics? Cash box door?
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 05:39:05 PM »
I just tried one of my S+ machines. If I boot it up and don't close the door latch all the way (door optics) it maiden spins and then shows 0 and nothing else. A coin in just falls through. Something to check out. I think the cash door optics will do the same.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 09:21:27 PM »
Shaggy - I think you're on to something (as opposed to "on" something, like your ScoobyDoo character may reflect)  :rotfl: ! I was kinda thinking the same thing earlier, but wasn't sure I wanted to go there just yet. I want to know if the machine has ever worked properly in his possession....so many times, a machine is bought , jacked up, that can have who knows what wrong with it! Owners/People WILL AND DO tinker, thinking they are doing a good thing, but only god knows what they REALLY do!

We've had butter knifes down a coin chute to clear a coin jam before (and that was blamed on the grandson, of course), so who REALLY knows what was done to "fix" the machine before it was finally sold...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline rickds

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 05:15:20 AM »
The machine is new to me (or well, my brother). He bought it from his father in law’s neighbor/friend who was moving. She said she had owned it for many years, but that she hadn’t played with it in a while. I don’t believe she ever messed with the machine other than clearing out the money. At one point she did mess with the comparitor, to get the quarter that was in there as she thought it had gotten jammed but inspecting the comparitor it appears fine and all cables plugged in (though I will give it another look later, it’s a DBV-200, that I know). It was sitting in her living room for a while so I suppose it’s completely possible someone may have messed with it during that time.

It’s possible the door optics are the issue, as I’ve fiddled with the cash box door and don’t think it’s the issue. There is a way to temporarily disable the door optics right? I believe I read somewhere a while back about unplugging something, later today I’ll try and check that out.

At least he got the machine somewhat cheap, as the lady lived in a smaller town and she really had nothing else to do with the machine since it was displaying the code 12 error for the battery at the time. So it’s not a major loss if we can’t get it working, but we still really hope we can figure it out.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 06:20:56 AM »
There is a posting on Sept. 7 from anit4771 about the door switch. 2 pages of info about door optics etc. Therockinelvis made a great example of how to check alignment for door optics with tape. It's a good read and might give you some pointers that will help. Good luck on your fix.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 07:03:14 AM »
You can see if your optics are even working by using a digital camera with a ccd sensor.  The light glows and pulsates like this when viewed through the viewfinder.
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag116/rickhunter2/Mvi2029-1_zps4cd2a78b.mp4
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 01:22:13 PM »
You said you used the clear/set chips. I am guessing you changed the 9-0 to 9-1 to turn on DBV. Did you set the denomination next? 5, 10, 25, 50 ect. If it doesn't know the value it won't work. With the door open push the white button on the coin comparator then push spin reels to see if it works with door open.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickds

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 06:59:12 PM »
I'm going to need to mess with it some more tomorrow. I can say it's not the door optics, though.

When I would turn the machine on the reels would spin then stop near the 7s then sit there with a 0 on the credits played area. I'd then close the door and that number would disappear shortly and the light would come on for inserting a bill.

After I opened it and closed it again, though, I now have an error 41. I opened the door and closed it again to see if that would clear it, but instead the reels just spin and stop 4 times then give the error 41 again. I'm not really sure why it started as I literally did nothing but open and close the door, I hope it's not a bigger issue, but I don't see why else it would randomly start acting up like that.

I'm definitely not in the mood to mess with it tonight though. It seems like every time one thing is figured out something else pops up.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 01:37:23 AM »
41 is a reel tilt. Something is touching the reel to make it abnormal. The 1 means it is reel #1. If you don't see anything touching spin by hand with machine off and listen.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickds

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 03:33:08 PM »
I don't see anything touching it and don't hear anything when I spin it by hand. Same with any other reels.

I'm getting busy with other stuff, so the issue might be put on the back burner for a bit, so if I don't reply back sooner I haven't forgotten. Just haven't had time to get back to the machine to mess with it.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 04:44:07 PM »
Try putting reel 1 in reel 2 to see if problem follows the reel. May just need the plug removed and replaced a few times for a bad connection. You may be able to just switch the plugs from under them or if cable is too short move the reel too. If you then get 42 you know the reel is bad.

the rockin elvis

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 01:10:53 AM »
When I would turn the machine on the reels would spin then stop near the 7s then sit there with a 0 on the credits played area. I'd then close the door and that number would disappear shortly and the light would come on for inserting a bill.

Your door optics are working properly, based on what you've posted here.

As Elvis said, try swapping reels 1 and 2 to see if the problem follows the reel (in which case you have a bad reel assembly), or stays at 41 (in which case you could have a problem with your MPU board if there isn't anything preventing reel 1 from spinning properly with the door closed).  To remove the reels, turn the power off, then pull down on the molex connector on the underside of the reel shelf (they're a pain to remove most of the tine).  With the molex connector unplugged, pull the bottom plastic of the reel assembly towards you.  I'd remove the first (left) reel, set it aside, then remove the second (middle) reel, put it in the reel 1 position, then put the first one you removed into the middle position.  The machine doesn't know or care if the reels are in the "correct" order -- so long as three reels are connected when it is turned on.  Now see if the error follows the reel (42) or if the machine still thinks the error is on the 1st reel (41).

Check the wires for the fluorescent light that is above the reel glass -- over time the wires seem to get a little stretched, and then sag into the reels (usually the middle one, though) as the door closes.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rickds

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 08:27:55 PM »
Sorry for the long delay. My brother got reels 1 and 2 switched and it gave the same 41 error. He ended up looking up some reset thing that involved hitting the test button and turning the jackpot reset key and whatever he did, it's back to the same loop as before. So to restate, turn on the machine and the reels spin and stop at the point where the reel paper is connected (right before the 7's). Coins played shows 0 and the dollar bill light is on as if ready, but no indicator to insert coins. The two lights on top of the machine are on, the top one is solid and the bottom one flashes.

We put a piece of paper to hold the coin diverter open and put a coin in but no change to credits played, while the coin goes into the hopper.

I wish I had as much knowledge about these things as I do computers.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 02:40:00 AM »
Try this. With the door open look at the coin comparator. You will see a little white button at the very bottom of it. Push that button. It should give you a credit each time you push it. Now with door still open push spin reels and let us know what happens.

the rockin elvis

Offline Buzz

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 05:21:04 AM »
Try this. With the door open look at the coin comparator. You will see a little white button at the very bottom of it. Push that button. It should give you a credit each time you push it. Now with door still open push spin reels and let us know what happens.

Them you must buy your comparators from a different place than I do. I've yet seen a white button on one. 
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline coorslight115

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 08:57:15 AM »
Little button (white or black) is on the optic board just below the comparitor

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 02:30:15 PM »
Sorry Buzz, I just saw my first black button Sunday. Thought normal was white. Not a Racial thing. Saw some boards made in Mexico, expected the sound simm to say Senior'

the rockin elvis

Offline rickds

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 04:33:05 PM »
Alright, when I push the white button (I looked for that button before but never found it, finally did today) it will add credits and the credits accepted light comes on. I hit spin reels and the game plays as normal. Put about 20 quarters into the hopper and hit a 15 credit winner and it correctly counted out the 15 quarters. If I hit a winner that pays more than the hopper the 3300 error pops up and clears when I close the door, then I can open it again and proceed to push the white button to add credits.

When I first turned the machine on today it gave a reel 41 error. Closing/opening the door would sometimes fix it, other times I'd have to switch reels or unplug and plug in the molex connectors. It kept constantly throwing back reel errors, sometimes turning the machine on the reels would stop correctly at the triple 7s then start spinning again only to hit a spot where they'd start/stop then spit back an error (either 43 or 41, never 42). After numerous times of messing with reels 1 and 2 I unplugged all molex plugs and took all three reels out, inspected them and put them back in. I made sure the molex connections were solid when I plugged them back in. Since then I haven't had any major reel errors. Every so often when turning the machine on the reels will stop, but they will either start spinning again and stop correctly or closing the door will fix the issue itself. So I'm holding out hope that at least that issue is resolved.

Thanks to everyone for sticking it out with me. At least we're getting somewhere and we know the machine works correctly. Just for whatever reason it doesn't want me to add coins for credits.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal