New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Stuck in setup routine after 61-1 clear  (Read 7176 times)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ Stuck in setup routine after 61-1 clear
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 04:46:05 PM »
OK, now that we see the machine is working with the door open. And not with the door closed? And you are sure you have the same type coin in the comparator that you are using? If your coins are just dropping straight through to the tray try turning the sensitivity to - minus. It's the little (white maybe) screw on right front of the comparator. Is the bill validator working to add credits? Are you able to play any games with the door closed? I just recently had a machine giving a 21 which is coin-in problem. Only problem is coin-in was bypassed. Ended up being the CMOS chip. Not saying that is your problem just saying these machines sometimes drive us crazy.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 05:53:33 PM »
At least we know you're door optics are working! If they weren't, you would not be seeing any change at all when you close the door. This is good, as door optics can be a PITA!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 06:05:05 PM »
At least we know you're door optics are working! If they weren't, you would not be seeing any change at all when you close the door. This is good, as door optics can be a PITA!

Can we get a pic or two of the inside of your door, mainly the coin comparator area? Sometimes we can spot something out of place.  :yes:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline rickds

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rickds New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 07:59:59 PM »
OK, now that we see the machine is working with the door open. And not with the door closed? And you are sure you have the same type coin in the comparator that you are using? If your coins are just dropping straight through to the tray try turning the sensitivity to - minus. It's the little (white maybe) screw on right front of the comparator. Is the bill validator working to add credits? Are you able to play any games with the door closed? I just recently had a machine giving a 21 which is coin-in problem. Only problem is coin-in was bypassed. Ended up being the CMOS chip. Not saying that is your problem just saying these machines sometimes drive us crazy.

This got us looking at the comparitor again. It only needed a little turn to be completely on the minus side so we turned it the hair bit until it wouldn't turn anymore, put in a newer quarter (a 1995 was in there) and ensured all connections were tight. And what do you know... COIN ACCEPTED.

So it appears we have the reels fixed and now it will actually accept coins. I feel dumb if the sensitivity knob just needed turned that final bit as I could have sworn I did that a while back when we had the 12 error for the battery.

There is still one issue, though. About the bill validator, it tries to accept a dollar but it gets stuck in the conveyor belt section and it appears two little hooks aren't allowing the dollar to be completely accepted. I'm posting two pictures showing the bill stuck in the machine with the latch open. You can see a torn edge of the dollar, that happened after I put it in the machine and it tried to force the dollar through but those hooks stopped it. There is also a video demonstrating the noise. The visual quality is crap as I emailed it to myself so the file needed to be small, but the audio comes out fine.

The 3 coins played showing is from a previous game (no actual credits ready to be played) but it has me wondering if it won't take the dollar because the machine won't let me store credits. When I put in quarters it will only accept the first three then reject any after that. I guess I'll be taking a look around online at different settings to see if this can be changed.
EDIT: I have an SP872 chip. I've found info on two other numbered chips but not sure if they will work so a little hesitant to try.

https://vid.me/AK8

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:35:39 PM by rickds »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2014, 06:15:42 PM »
The 3 coins played showing is from a previous game (no actual credits ready to be played) but it has me wondering if it won't take the dollar because the machine won't let me store credits. When I put in quarters it will only accept the first three then reject any after that.

What you described with the quarters is normal behavior.  Most typical SP chips do not permit you to add additional coins beyond the maximum bet to store credits.

If the machine was rejecting the bill because of credit settings (ie. the bill would exceed the credit limit), it would take the bill in, pause, and then spit it back out, and you'd be able to do that all day long.  It sounds like you have something physically wrong with your bill acceptor transport if it is damaging bills when they're inserted.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2014, 06:32:34 PM »
I have found often on the 200's that the belts get creased like from sitting so much. I have been able to turn the gear by hand or remove and lubricate the shaft and sometimes get it working again. The gear I am referring to is on the left side of the unit.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickds

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2014, 11:09:25 PM »
That's what I figured, that it just wouldn't accept the bill. Thought I'd ask just to make sure.

I wouldn't think it's a gear as the issue seems to be those metal hooks, but I'll mess with the gears and check the belts. When I open that latch the bill is always a little crunched up and damage where the hooks are so it looks like they just aren't moving out of the way. I'm assuming the gears you're talking about are the white ones at the middle-bottom of the two pictures?

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2014, 07:44:49 AM »
Yes the white ones in the middle. I have taken the gear off and taken that motor out to get it spinning freely. What unit do you have? A DBV200? Or WBA 12-13? The 200 is the only one I have taken apart. Dave at southern slots has a transport for $5. http://www.southernslots.com/dbv200-transport-on-sale/

the rockin elvis

Offline rickds

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2014, 07:33:46 PM »
It's the DBV-200. I took it out, lubricated those gears, sprayed it with air inside and out then cleaned off all the sensors on it and it appears to be working. It'll mostly take dollars, there's a few it will spit out if they aren't all that crisp. I imagine I need older fives, tens, fifties and hundreds for it to take those. It correctly puts the dollars to credits and allows me to cash out.

The only issue I have now is the reels. Occasionally they will show a 41/42/43 error which is almost always cleared by opening and closing the door. Rarely I will unplug and plug back in the molex connectors. I've air blown out the connectors and always make sure they are plugged all the way in. Nothing is hitting the reels and they don't make any abnormal noises. The machine can be played for like 30 minutes with no error then after turning it off then on again it will seem to have an error every other time coins are played.

UPDATE: This may be fixed completely. I had read on one thread about reel errors and someone mentioned using the clear chip, and I went against the comment from another user suggesting it isn't always suggested to do that. I figured I cleared it once I could do it again. So I went through that process, did the setup for the DBV and then cleared the 61/61-1 error.

First win after playing it gave me credits instead of quarters, then I cashed out and the next win gave me quarters instead of credit. Put two and two together and figured out how to store wins as credits. Won up to 200 credits and have been playing error free for maybe an hour. Not sure if maybe the board wasn't set completely in the connectors when I last put it in or something was screwy from messing around with the settings, but it looks like it's working correctly.

Thanks again to everyone who helped, some of the stuff seems obvious now but I'd still be lost without the feedback. I'll give an update a while later as to whether or not things are still working smoothly.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 09:30:19 PM by rickds »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal