New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: AVP no signal power off on screen then goes black  (Read 4855 times)

Offline Wj2005

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Wj2005 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
AVP no signal power off on screen then goes black
« on: June 26, 2023, 06:27:20 AM »
I hadn’t run my AVP machine for a little bit and when I plugged it in it just had no signal power off on the screen and then we go black. I thought it was the batteries so I replaced the three batteries on the CPU and still doing the same thing. I’m told that’s more than likely the power supply but then I have read that there are a couple power supplies on AVP units. Can I repair the power supply or do I need to replace it? And where is the best place to find one?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: AVP no signal power off on screen then goes black
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 09:35:53 AM »
See if this topic helps you?...>>>

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=37200.msg196575#msg196575

or this one?...>>>

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=37070.msg195977#msg195977

Have you learned how to do a search for help on NLG?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Wj2005

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 11:14:27 AM »
I read through them both and I’ll have to take a look when I get home.

But I already replaced the batteries and tried to boot with the ekey and it still had no signal power off on the display and then went black. I had already checked all the connections and they all looked good. The backplane was seated and lights were on it like normal.

Im guessing this cabinet has more then one power supply as well but I didn’t dig that far into it yet last night.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 12:08:12 PM »
What type of AVP machine do you have?

Offline Wj2005

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 12:26:50 PM »
What type of AVP machine do you have?

This is pretty much the identical machine/cabinet. https://avscompanies.com/product/igt-universal-slant-vgt-slot-machine
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 08:03:07 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2023, 02:07:54 PM »
I don't have a slant top, but assuming it has a 440w 12/24vdc power supply, I'd check that first.

Offline Wj2005

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2023, 02:30:19 PM »
I don't have a slant top, but assuming it has a 440w 12/24vdc power supply, I'd check that first.

Yes that is what the power supply is. I removed it and discovered that one of the pins is burnt some on both the connector of the power supply and the pin on the machine side. So I guess it’s safe to say that would be the issue. So I’ll be needing a PS and to replace the pin as well

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2023, 02:32:55 PM »
It should have 440w power supply and also a distribution box. As well as a top monitor power supply in the back. How long does the monitor stay on? DVI will cut off if no signal is found. The cpu controls that. Does the cpu come on as normal? Does it shut off also? 

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2023, 03:50:17 PM »

Yes that is what the power supply is. I removed it and discovered that one of the pins is burnt some on both the connector of the power supply and the pin on the machine side. So I guess it’s safe to say that would be the issue. So I’ll be needing a PS and to replace the pin as well

That's probably the problem.  My G23 did the same thing, but it wasn't melted burnt.  I was able to clean up the pins and used some de-oxit on them.  It's been working fine since.  The machine side of the connector is floating, so whenever I remove the 440W power supply I reach behind the power supply and push that connector towards the power supply so it is fully seated on the pins.  Not sure if you could do that on a slant or nit.

Offline Wj2005

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2023, 06:43:15 PM »

That's probably the problem.  My G23 did the same thing, but it wasn't melted burnt.  I was able to clean up the pins and used some de-oxit on them.  It's been working fine since.  The machine side of the connector is floating, so whenever I remove the 440W power supply I reach behind the power supply and push that connector towards the power supply so it is fully seated on the pins.  Not sure if you could do that on a slant or nit.

Yeah mine isn’t melted at all just a little burnt on both the power supply connector and the machine side connector. I’m wondering if just cleaning it would then work ok? 🤔 Would be easier then replacing the pin and the power supply lol

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2023, 07:06:56 PM »
Mine is still holding.  Looked like a real pain to replace the pin on the machine side. De-oxit works pretty well after you get it cleaned up.

Offline Wj2005

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2023, 07:11:36 PM »
What did you use to clean it up?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2023, 08:18:07 PM »
Some 400 grit sandpaper, jeweler's screwdriver and a paper clip.  Whatever you have to clean the oxidation off of the pins and then like I said De-oxit after I cleaned it up the best I could.

Offline Wj2005

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2023, 10:36:52 AM »
Some 400 grit sandpaper, jeweler's screwdriver and a paper clip.  Whatever you have to clean the oxidation off of the pins and then like I said De-oxit after I cleaned it up the best I could.

The only thing I haven’t gotten yet is the de-oxit but after I tried to clean the connections it still did nothing. I’m hoping that the de-oxit will work but if not I guess I need a new power supply then

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2023, 10:39:11 AM »
What model power supply do you have in there?
I've seen two different versions for AVP's.
Can you get the numbers off the label?

Mine's made by 3Y Power Technology

Model: YM-244 1A  440 Watt Max.
Output: 12 volts - 25.66A
              24 volts - 12.83A
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 11:39:48 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Wj2005

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2023, 10:47:52 AM »
What model power supply do you have in there?
I've seen two different versions for AVP's.
Can you get the numbers off the label?

I’ll double check but I believe it’s a wp210f11 win-tact.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2023, 12:29:47 PM »
The caps go bad on these because of age and use.  I've fixed a couple of power supplies by recapping them.  I also replaced the burned connector on the cabinet side.  It wasn't all that difficult.  I just bought the new connector and pulled each pin one a time and replaced into the new connector as I pulled the pins so I wouldn't put the pins in the wrong hole.  I also made sure to clean the pins before re-inserting into the new connector.  This is the cabinet side molex plug.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-15-06-0240
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Wj2005

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2023, 06:29:59 AM »
The caps go bad on these because of age and use.  I've fixed a couple of power supplies by recapping them.  I also replaced the burned connector on the cabinet side.  It wasn't all that difficult.  I just bought the new connector and pulled each pin one a time and replaced into the new connector as I pulled the pins so I wouldn't put the pins in the wrong hole.  I also made sure to clean the pins before re-inserting into the new connector.  This is the cabinet side molex plug.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-15-06-0240

I will certainly need to do the machine plug so I’ll have to get that and a pin puller as well.

Maybe I’ll get another power supply and then also fix this one so I have a spare just incase lol.

Where is the best place to get the caps to replace in the power supply?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2023, 06:46:38 PM »
I buy all of mine from mouser.  They usually stock everything and the prices are reasonable and so are the shipping charges.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Wj2005

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2023, 10:51:33 AM »
I buy all of mine from mouser.  They usually stock everything and the prices are reasonable and so are the shipping charges.

I was looking and of course there are many differ extraction took offered… I came across one and I hope this will work and if not, what one do I need? https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/523-50-54931-2

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal