New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT G23 Battery Tilt - Telltale Battery  (Read 2513 times)

Offline sakwilla

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • sakwilla New User barely matters.sakwilla New User barely matters.
  • NLG
IGT G23 Battery Tilt - Telltale Battery
« on: July 26, 2023, 05:09:25 AM »
Hey all,

Just wanted to check, one of my IGT G23s came up with a Battery Tilt - Telltale Battery. I assume its the battery within the board with the yellow handle. I googled and found lots of different types of Telltale batteries - can anyone tell me the specific type I need? Are they also specific to slot machines? I live in Australia and was hoping I can source them locally as opposed to overseas. Thanks in advance :)

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
Re: IGT G23 Battery Tilt - Telltale Battery
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 07:49:10 AM »
In the 3 pics are the batteries. The green one i buy from a place in New York. They ship to me in Canada.  You could always get custom ones made near you, or put a 3x aa battery holder with 3 aa 1.2v nimh batteries with similar ah rating. 
For me, the cost wasn't worth doing that.  I'll post a link later. Note: I buy multiples, never just one.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 07:56:28 AM »
The company is Lead Electronics.  I deal with Randy.
Www.leadelectronics.com
I'll modify this post with a direct link. https://www.leadelectronics.com/product-details.php?item_no=CUSTOM-232&manu_no=BATT&catid=442
You can also purchase from them on eBay.
qty5 CUSTOM-232 3.6V BATTERY IGT 40404100W &#034 - eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/144110989267

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 08:04:46 AM »
Just about any 3 cell AA Nimh battery pack will work, just try to keep the mah rating close to the original so they last as long.  You'll probably have to cut the wires off of the original battery and splice it to the new one as the connector will likely be different.  I add longer wire between the battery and connector so I can relocate the battery off of the cabinet controller board.  That way if it ever leaks it will not damage the board. 

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 08:13:01 AM »
You can also relocate the battery holder from the board to the plastic cover. It's held on by 2 screws. This eliminates the need to remove the cover for battery changes. The original wires will reach also. To mark your holes, remove the battery holder from the board,  then make a template from paper or wide masking tape. Place it on the board and mark the hole locations,  then use to mark the plastic. Pic attached

Offline sakwilla

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • sakwilla New User barely matters.sakwilla New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2023, 01:25:57 AM »
Thankyou all for your help and support as always :) I dont feel confident in cutting anything as dont want to ruin the board or battery panel so  a69mopar I got in contact with Lead Electronics and SpinInc to see if they can send me some spare batteries.

I turned on the machine again and its worked all day today without the battery tilt coming up which is strange as an hour after I turned it on yesterday the tilt appeared. Is this normal? Regardless will get new ones posted and sorted :)

THanks again

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2023, 06:20:51 AM »
You guys got me interested so I attempted a little research  :sherlock: on this IGT G23 Telltale battery pack.
I found that they're made by a company named Dantona, and are located in Wantagh on Long Island, NY.
These are the specs  :nerd: of this "Custom-232" battery pack...>>>

CUSTOM-232 Dantona | Dantona Industries, Inc.
http://dantona.com/custom-232 1/2

Shipping Weight
(oz) 2.9000
Manufacturer Dantona
Length 2.1" (53.34mm)
Width 1.7" (43.18mm)
Height / Diameter 0.6" (15.24mm)

Voltage 3.6
mAh 1650
Number of Cells 3
Battery Chemistry Nickel Metal Hydride (NIMH)
Rechargeable Rechargeable

Battery Color Black
Qty Per Package 1
Type of Cell AA, Cylindrical
Weight 2.9 oz
PART#: CUSTOM-232

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2023, 07:27:02 PM »
I bypassed it on my trimline need to find a bypass for my g23.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2023, 08:05:15 PM »
Let us know if you do!  I figured out the 044 and 1270 boards, but no docs on the cabinet controller makes it difficult to do with them.  From my limited experimentation it appear that the cabinet controller not only monitors the voltage, but also the charging current.

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2023, 08:09:26 PM »
Let us know if you do!  I figured out the 044 and 1270 boards, but no docs on the cabinet controller makes it difficult to do with them.  From my limited experimentation it appear that the cabinet controller not only monitors the voltage, but also the charging current.

My g23 currently had a bad monitor not sure when i will get to it.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2023, 09:32:46 PM »
Would definitely be interested if you do figure out a way to bypass it.   Haven't seen any AVP telltale batteries leaking and destroying boards like the vartas have, but it's probably only a matter of time.

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2023, 09:50:26 PM »
I mainly do it because my machines are usually kept off so the batteries go dead quickly. My main battery on my s2000 is bypassed because I don’t care if it keeps credits.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2023, 10:34:28 PM »
Mine are too, but I replaced the soldered in batteries with CR2354's in my S2000s (50x MPUs) and (3902) I-games and they have lasted several years now without needing replacement.  Probably getting close to a decade on some. CR2354's on 044 MPU's only seem to go about 18 months.  Guess they must need more power to maintain the memory than the others. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal