New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Double Diamond Shut Off at Cash Out  (Read 6149 times)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ Double Diamond Shut Off at Cash Out
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 03:50:09 PM »
I had one (not an s+) that the screws with the springs were tightened down so much it pinched the shelf and wouldn't let it turn.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 04:27:20 PM »
The hopper is the easiest thing to work on, don't make it complicated.  it only does three things, turns the motor, counts the coins and gives a signal to the divert the coins  when the bowl is filled.

The motor (or turning)  part can be checked out of the machine. Manually--hold motor brake arm so that the arm comes in contact with the motor armature, reach in and turn the rubber star agitator CCW, (it takes some force to do this---NOTE if this was a dollar hopper converted to a Quarter hopper you may not be able to move it by hand--- the gear box had a different ratio than that of a quarter)  Electrically---  make a cheater cord ( a power cord that has a plug on one end and two push on connectors on the other end ---the push on connectors should be the same size as the motor) remove the two wires attached to the motor, and  replace them with the cheater cord push on connectors, plug the other end into a fuse protected, power on/off switch type power strip, use the on/ off switch to apply 115vac to the hopper motor, it should turn the motor on and it should run as long as power is applied. If the motor runs then the motor and gear box are doing what they should be doing.
One reason the motor could be binding---- long screws holding the star agitator, they will protrude beyond the wheel and rub against the metal housing frame. you can observe this by removing the bowl and actually looking at the underside of the pinwheel, its would be quite obvious.
the bowl can be removed easily, remove the four screws two black and two silver, remove any weight springs, you may have to turn the bowl assembly CCW to get it to clear the coin knife washers. with the bowl off you can look at everything and inspect knife and all operating parts.
The bowl goes on just as it came off. you will need a LONG screwdriver to get the one screw off, the holes in the bowl are made for this purpose. the black screws are on the top, left and right, the silver screws are on the bottom, left and right.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 06:32:48 PM »
I know this is going to sound strange, but I had this same exact issue.  The fuse would blow anytime the hopper was plugged in.  After swapping hoppers, I was like WTF, the fuse blows on multiple hoppers.  I have no idea why this would make sense, but my problem ended up being one of the handle solenoid wires touching the cabinet.  All I can figure is maybe removing the hopper takes away the voltage path to that area?  Anyway, does not hurt to check that solenoid area for shorts.  I need to get a schematic to see if that could make some sense of things.

Offline Fordman7795

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Fordman7795 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 08:13:05 PM »
I took the hopper motor apart and cleaned the armature. The hopper spun smooth with it out. Put it all back together and it works great. For the first few attempts it kept shorting me one coin. But now it seems to be spot on. Thanks for all the help. Next is to figure out the coin comparitor.

Offline 72polara

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • 72polara New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 08:18:12 PM »
Great news!!! Glad you got it to work. One thing down, another to go.

Make sure the sample coin is in proper position, and maybe try another coin. Mine on occasion will act up and not take coins. I guess I need to do the calibration procedure on it.

By the time you get that machine 100%, you'll be a first rate slot mechanic!

Josh

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2014, 08:30:55 PM »
If you have questions on your coin comparison go ahead and start a new topic for that, thank you

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal