New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Magically Wild Fam14 Game Freezing During Bonus Round - G23  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Matt411

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Matt411 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Magically Wild Fam14 Game Freezing During Bonus Round - G23
« on: August 27, 2023, 11:15:06 PM »
Hey all. Got a G23 4gb ram, SSD. 625 brainbox. Had some people over today and friend got bonus spins on Magically Wild game - Wizard themed game with standalone progressives. I set progressives according to sheet & have set progressives on other games and have won some no problem. During the 8 free spins, he wins the "apprentice" progressive on the last spin, then the game freezes. After about 10 more seconds the machine just reboots itself.

I was able to replicate the exact thing later on but ONLY when the first apprentice progressive is reached & won. (You have to have so many 'tumbling reel' counts to win progressives). I completed a few other bonus games without winning a progressive and it played fine showing 'total bonus win' screen. Attached screenshots of errors upon reboot. Looking at logs, error starts at time 5:47:13 and there's a bunch of stuff.

Tried rebooting the machine and the game kind of came back on but was frozen and the machine just reboot itself again - had to wipe safe storage & re-enable games and settings to get machine back to working.

I do have other games on the machine, bunch of other slots, video poker, keno, roulette, blackjack, running Game King 8.3R with it - NVRAM around 86 - 92%.

Maybe this is one of those games that has to run standalone & just doesn't agree with other stuff on the machine?  Not sure but figured I'd share incase anyone had insight. I know some people have problems with Stinkin Rich locking up during trash can bonus and strangely on mine, that bonus plays fine.

I want to say I'm running B0C or B0E OS.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Magically Wild Fam14 Game Freezing During Bonus Round - G23
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 07:53:21 AM »
It kind of sounds like that may be the case.  The only was to find out for sure would be to load it by itself and see if it plays correctly then.

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 09:31:30 AM »
I'm assuming if I tried this it's best to just wipe everything, even the HDD then just do a clean install of that game only? Cause I know if you disable games, they still remain on the drive. Also I'm assuming I should try one of the "A" operating systems if I did this? Cause the "B" ones are for running Game King I believe.

I'll have to find a day when I'm bored to try this as that bonus isn't the easiest to hit, let alone getting to the progressive lol. Sucks cause it's a cool game. Wish there was an easy way to "plug and play" separate SSDs loaded with different things. I thought I read somewhere that this was kind of possible without having to reset all the settings everytime you changed SSDs but don't remember where I saw it.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 10:23:45 AM »
That's the best way to do it.  Then you know nothing else is interfering with it.  I'm not sure about the A and B OS designations.  The latest version I have is B0E so I just use it.  Yeah, it could take a lot of playing before you get to the right condition that causes the issue for sure!

You can swap the entire CPU along with the 2 EEPROMs on the backplane (cabinet memory) and everything will boot right up with games/statistics/credits, etc intact.  You couldn't just swap the SSD and the cabinet memory though because there's information stored on the PCI card (safe storage memory) that has to stay together with the cabinet and ssd information or the machine will error out.

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 11:58:31 AM »
Ah ok thanks - I have extra CPUs in storage as backup parts but would I have to get extra eeproms for the backpane I'm assuming? Maybe down the road something I can do if I can pinpoint issues being related to combining certain slot games with game king - cause I like having poker, keno, blackjack, roulette, etc. and could possibly have one CPU that just has slots with an 'A' operating system which may cause less issues.

If I have time one of these days I'll wipe everything + try to get to that point in that game & see if it happens when standalone installed. If it still does I'd assume it's prob a corrupt file or something and I'll post an update. But if anyone else has similar experience w this game plz share. Other people have had issues with other games and I know changing the OS solved problems before too for others.

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 09:43:08 PM »
Well I fresh installed B0E OS with the 1 game only. Another weird issue came up where the machine wasn't liking any of my 64gb PNY usb thumb drives to install an OS! So weird, tried 3 different ones I used before all with no issue, even had them labeled. After wiping everything on machine then trying to install OS, kept saying USB mass storage authentification failed  - system rebooting in 10 seconds message; Reverted to this random off brand 16gb and it recognized it. Same with installing games, wasn't liking the PNY ones I used 1,000 times before all of a sudden... So strange!! Like it knew the USB was inserted but wasn't recognizing what was on it - thought a corrupt file but kept doing it with multiple files and multiple USB sticks. I've installed games and OS's tons of times before, just weird was all of a sudden having this issue.

Anyway after over a freakin hour finally got the level 1 progressive and it awarded properly without freezing, so def a compatibility issue. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something with my machine. Shame cause it's a cool game. That's the fun of these machines I guess is being able to change em around all the time :D

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2023, 07:08:15 AM »
Flash drives should be 32gb or less and formatted FAT32. If you insert it into a Window 8 or newer computer, Windows installs a hidden indexing file that makes the brain box not recognize it. Best solution, use Win 7 or earlier or run this batch file before you remove it from the computer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dG-OX0MPgAjeDH-IMywbyzOfSFIcbGv3/view?usp=drive_link
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal