New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What cables are needed and where to source them - G23 glitter bar and topper  (Read 2217 times)

Offline ramsrule

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • ramsrule New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hey everyone..... just got a new (to me.... used to everyone else) topper and glitter bar off of eBay for my newly acquired G23.  I knew that it was going to be a long shot as to whether or not it came with the required cabling to hook it up and sure enough, it didn't. 

I'm going to assume that the grounding strap is just that, a ground..... and that the other wired connector is for the candle that should already have a cable for it inside the cabinet hooked up to the currently installed candle.

So, is there any place where I can get everything need to get this bad boy going?  I've got the USB cable covered...... it's the 4 pin molex and the ribbon cable that have me worried (the ribbon cable more than the molex since the molex can probably be made if one cant be sourced)

Here are some pics....... and as usual, thanks for any replies in advance.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
You'll need a power cable for it and a USB cable.  The USB cable is a standard USB Type A to B than can be found easily.  Here's a link to the power cable, but they show out of stock.  It shows you what it looks like and has the IGT part number which may be helpful in finding one elsewhere.

https://www.avscompanies.store/IGT-Harness-for-Power-Crown-Controller-G23

Offline ramsrule

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • ramsrule New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Thanks for the pictures...... it helped me tremendously with fabricating a cable from some old left over modular PC power supply cables.  I depinned the floppy drive side of a floppy to molex adapter and used those pins as the 4 pins to connect to the board on the topper. 

I then took a 4 pin ATX motherboard cable which has the correct connectors to hook up with the IGT top box PSU's wiring harness on each of its ends and cut it in half so I had the two plugs to hook to the machine's PSU. 

Next I took a 4 pin molex cable, chopped one end off of it, and soldered the wires from the ATX plugs to the molex cable, being sure to match up with the IGT power harness (orange and black in one pair, red and black in another).  The two ATX 4 pin plugs were then plugged into the IGT power harness (keeping in mind that one of the plugs on the wiring harness is a two pin - it will allow you to plug in half of a 4 pin plug into it if you get it orientated correctly)

Lastly, I connected the depinned molex adapter to the newly made cable, and then connected the depinned pins from the floppy connector by inserting them individually into the correct locations on the topper board.   

Below is a shot of the machine with the topper and glitter bar running and also my cheat sheet for what color wires went where on the topper board (which ended up being the hardest part - trying to figure out what went where).

Now I need to source a better insert for the topper....... LOL!!  Anyone have a Game King insert they'd want to part with?  If so, hit me up.  ;-)

Thanks again for the help!

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Wow, great job!  Wish you would have asked, I could have maybe saved you a little time with this, but kudos for figuring it out on your own and posting your resolution!  :applause: :applause:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal