New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: G20 - Battery replaced and now machine just reboots  (Read 5949 times)

Offline nlosure

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • nlosure New User has no influence.
  • NLG
G20 - Battery replaced and now machine just reboots
« on: August 31, 2023, 01:18:40 PM »
All, I had to replace the batteries on the unit.  After replacing them all my machine will do is reboot.  I put the ekey and diag in and it won't pick it up, just reboots.  I tried reinstalling the OS and it will complete when I am done, it won't do anything but reboot. Do you have any suggestions on what I should do?  Anyone have similar issues?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: G20 - Battery replaced and now machine just reboots
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 01:47:42 PM »
After changing all the batteries you have to re-enable all games.  Since you messed up and re-installed the OS you now have to re-install all games and then re-enable them.

Offline nlosure

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 02:06:59 PM »
It just rebooted and didn't show an error over and  over.  Then I cleared the memory with the jumper on the pc.  I cant do anything but install the os at this point.

It never boots up for me to get to that point.  I can't even get into the diagnostics when I use the diagnostics key with the ekey, it reboots and the screens go black and they and say usb mass storage authentication failed.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 02:10:05 PM »
What jumper are you talking about?  There is no jumper to clear memory.

Offline nlosure

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 02:14:21 PM »
there is a clear memory next to the battery the cR2023.  There are three pins and the one that is not used is the jumper for the memory.  I did that without the battery plugged in.  I reinstalled the OS, rebooted with ekey and Diagnostic and get this image.  It starts with the AVP and then stops and screen goes black showing below: (USB mass storage authentication failed!! System will retry in 10 seconds.)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 05:08:32 PM »
That's not the machine's memory, that's just CMOS for the pc mainboard where it keeps the date/time and hard drive configuration.

USB Mass authentication failed, means your diagnostic key is not passing validation.  If you inserted the diagnostic flash drive into a PC, it would have written a hidden "System Volume Information" directory where windows keeps an index of the files inside the flash drive and this is why it fails validation.  You need to delete this folder, once you do, you will be able to boot into the Diagnostic screen.  Here's a link on ways to do this:

https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-the-System-Volume-Information-Folder-from-a-Flash-Drive
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline nlosure

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 07:54:10 PM »
No luck, still same issue.  I was able to modify my c drive like you outlined above.  Should I purchase a new diagnostic stick?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 08:52:57 PM by nlosure »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2023, 08:52:10 PM »
The thumb drive doesn't show up at all in windows?  Then your drive is corrupt.  You may need to source another one.  I'm assuming that you previously inserted the diagnostic drive into a pc (or a mac) and thus created the issue?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline nlosure

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2023, 08:54:33 PM »
The thumb drive does show up in Windows, I just couldn't set it like the C drive in the instructions.  I recopied everything and tried again but no luck.  And yes, putting it into my pc seems to be the start of the current issue, had others outlined before.  I wish I could get my hands on one or create a new one soon. 

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2023, 09:01:02 PM »
Give RB's batch file a try and see if it works.

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=40441.msg213757#msg213757

Offline nlosure

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2023, 09:20:02 PM »
Don't see the system error, just reboots after a small period of time.  Doesn't bring up the diagnostics.

Short recap of what started things - I got a 3.3v out of acceptable range error
- I replaced the main battery and the 2 on the pci card. 
- Tried rebooting with Diag key - no luck just reboots over and over
- Cleared CMOS using steps on IGT sheet:
                                                 AVP 3.0 CMOS Clearing
                                                 All procedures for RAM checks apply as seen in the proceeding AVP 2.0 instructions using a USB keyboard.
                                                 All ESD precautions apply
                                                 AVP 3.0 uses the same BIOS Password as 2.0 and 2.5.
                                                 1. The CMOS Jumper is at J/P4. See figure 9 on the next page.
                                                 2. The hard drive will have to be removed to access J/P 4.
                                                 3. Move the jumper to pins 2 & 3 and leave in place for 30 seconds.
                                                 4. After 30 seconds, move the jumper back to its normal position across pins 1 & 2. CMOS has been
                                                 cleared Install the Brain Box
                                                 8. Power on the machine and when the machine is booting, enter the BIOS and select “Load Optimized
                                                 Defaults”. Hit F10 to save and exit.
                                                 9. Proceed with game restoration[/quote]
                                       * Didnt work so tried the Load Optimized Defaults option on the Bios and then set clock like the Hard Drive read errors IGT Document
- retried loading with ekey and diag and machine just kept rebooting
- put diag key in windows pc (like a dummy)
- got system error above
- ran batch provided above
- now back to continuous reboot after starting the system up with the ekey and Diag thumb drive

« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 10:16:53 PM by nlosure »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2023, 06:31:37 AM »
The 3.3V out of range error isn't a battery issue, it's a ATX power supply problem.  If it was a battery problem it will tell you battery low. 

After you ran the batch file were you able to get the system to boot up the diagnostic menus?

Offline nlosure

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2023, 06:39:32 AM »
No I was not able to get the system to boot up to diagnostic menu.  I still get the reboot sequence.  I have another power supply from a pc, should I try hooking that up to the brain box?  I also bought a new SSD for the unit and was able to install the OS to the drive, but it fails on the next step of running the diagnostic or even trying to boot up.  Could the issue be on the unit above the cpu or something?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2023, 06:46:05 AM »
When you were in the diagnostics menu did you wipe all the memory (cabinet, safe storage, and hard disk) prior to reloading the OS?

Offline nlosure

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2023, 06:50:18 AM »
When you were in the diagnostics menu did you wipe all the memory (cabinet, safe storage, and hard disk) prior to reloading the OS?

No I have not been able to get into the diagnostic menu period since this issue.  I just installed the os with the ekey and os image onto the new drive.  I am also using the diag key 014-21.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2023, 07:07:45 AM »
Sorry, I misread your post.  You're going to need to get a working diagnostic USB drive before so you can wipe everything prior to reloading the OS.  That's why it's failing authentication. 

You may still get a board monitor tilt for the 3.3V supply afterwards too.  If so, you'll need to replace the ATX power supply board.  It's a small square board that sits on top or inside of the brain box depending on what model you have.  It's not a computer type ATX power supply. 

Just FYI some brands/models of SSDs aren't compatible with the system.  I've had good luck with PNY drives myself.  Don't waste your money on a hi-capacity drive as you will run out of NVRAM memory before you can fill even a 120GB hard drive.

Offline nlosure

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2023, 07:15:04 AM »
Are the ATX power supply boards propiatary?  Are they standard items I can get on amazon or something or do I need to do ebay (I see one out there now)? 

Is there any way to put in a new drive and boot to diag to bypass the authentication or something where my diag can come up?  I am concerned that my diag key is not working properly and don't have a way to verify that piece either.  I will buy a new diag key, but is there any place to get one quickly or download one on a windows 7 pc?  I really want to get this up and running for the weekend.  I just got the machine less than a week ago and it is causing some marriage issues at the moment since it is not running and I bought the machine.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 07:31:17 AM by nlosure »

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2023, 07:33:43 AM »
Contact our member RB. He can get you a diag.
https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=164

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2023, 07:55:06 AM »
The board is proprietary.  I have some, but will need a pic of yours just to make sure it's the correct one.

I sent you a PM too.

Offline nlosure

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2023, 08:06:30 AM »
Here they are

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal