New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: AVP G23 amp/speaker unit power question  (Read 1659 times)

Offline sccarlso

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
AVP G23 amp/speaker unit power question
« on: September 23, 2023, 08:17:19 AM »
Different query that previous post.  Hopefully simple!

My amp/speaker box on my G23 was hosed.  Buzzing sounds & RF noise from the fans especially.
My slot guy got me a replacement for free as he sold me the G23.

Got the replacement but good old IGT changed the power plug!  Old amp/speaker enclosure was a slightly different model, but an exact swap otherwise.

Both units have audio in plugs for R/L and Bass separately.
But old had a 4 pin molex for power, new has a 6 pin molex….  Ugh!

Old is listed 12v/24v with all 4 pins connected on the 4 pin molex to the amp.  Clearly has 12v on the right two pins & 24v on the left two by wire color.

New has only 24v listed, but has a 6 pin molex?

Tracing the audio power wire, the backplane indeed has a 6 pin molex.  Right two pins 12v, two center pins are not connected, left two pins are 24v.

The cable though, simply is 6 pin on the backplane on one side.  But is a 4 pin on the other.  Still has 4 power lines, just doesn’t have the two center pins which aren’t even connected on the backplane anyway.

Just a connector issue, so thinking I can simply replace the 4 pin molex with a 6 pin one, matching the wire colors that are on the 6 pin going to the backplane and it should get proper power seems logical to me and easy to do instead of waiting a week or more for a 6pin to 6pin audio power cable.

Theres no doc anywhere with the pinouts for the new amp with the 6 pin molex on it.  Just need to get it power.  lol

Anyone know the pinouts for power on this 6 pin plug in the amp, or have a G23 with a 6 pin power plug in their amp/speaker assy who can confirm if I simply match the pins exactly as the 6 pin backplane plug wiring color to get power to this amp correctly?  I’ll certainly multimeter the pin voltages at the backplane.  But no idea how I could verify the power lines going to the 6 pin on the amp are exactly the same as the 6 pin on the backplane.

But electrically speaking.  With any power only cable.  Power lines don’t switch pin locations, same color to same color on each side of the cable with the same plug used on each side to the same pins.

Is my logic valid here?  Worst I could do is connect 12v where 24v is needed I guess.  If anyone has a 6 pin to their amp/speaker assy.  It would be reassuring to know if it is indeed a matched line cable on each end from the 6 pin backplane audio power to the 6 pin amp power plug on the speaker assy.

Thanks in advance for any confirmation or info!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: AVP G23 amp/speaker unit power question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 04:45:17 PM »
Both of my G23's have 6 pin power connectors for the speaker assy.  Here's wiring diagrams for the 4 and 6 pin cable and a picture of the 6 pin that maybe helpful in making your own cable if you end up having to go that route.  I didn't see a part number tag on the cable, but if you reach out to your seller they may have a 6 pin cable to go from J35 to the bottom of the speaker? 

Offline sccarlso

• sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 05:11:16 PM »
Exactly what I was looking for!

I was hoping it only needed 24v & a pin/connector change.  But there’s more wires.

On mine the two middle pins are not connected.  So I guess I’ll wait for my guy to get a cable…

But if I have  to, at least I could make this cable with the diagrams.

Huge thanks!!!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2023, 05:44:28 PM »
Yes, it has all 6 wires on the connector, but if you look at the speaker it's only using the 24VDC and GND.  The 12V and GND goes nowhere internally at the speaker end.  So all you need to do is get the +24V and GND where it needs to be and don't have to hook up the +12V.

Offline sccarlso

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 08:01:28 AM »
Well heck, I have new 6 pin connectors for the amp & have made SMT solder joints…so that shouldn’t be hard at all.  At least the wire colors are correct for 24 & 12v lines!

If I clip the old 4 pin connector, I can just plug the 24v & GND to the correct pins on a new 6 pin connector to the amp!

Then the only other hassle I will have is the dang ticket printer power!  The backplane has the correct 4 pin molex connector for the BV & Ticket printer (BV is connected already & good), but the harness on this machine just has too many connector changes from its factory build vs more common plugs it seems, so things can’t just plug right up.  Ugh.

The printer power cable to the board switches from a 4 pin to an 8 (or 10) pin on the printer side I believe.  And it has a Netplex connector on board as well, but it’s not a std molex.  All I need from the board is 24v power for the printer, and use USB for the printer data.

I have an Epic 950L USB/Netplex for it, with a 4 pin molex for power.  BV is USB as well.  Does the printer also only need one 24v+ & ground line on its 4 pin molex as well?

Is there enough 24v amps on the audio power line where I could simply tap it in this connector change process for supplying 24v ticket printer power as well?

Diagram was excellent!  But I didn’t see the two 4 pin BV & Ticket power molex connectors listed on it that are on the bottom right corner of the board.   If there’s enough power on the amp line for both, that’s an easy cable to build to power both from it.

If not, I’m thinking I can take the removed 4 pin plug from the amp cable and use it to replace the 8 (or 10) pin connector that’s on the cable now for printer power, and finally have the right plugs for everything!

Not sure, but I “think” Epic has a doc that shows the power plug pinout on the printer itself.  Are 4 pin ticket printer power connectors standardized?  If so do you know the pinouts? 

I can easily meter the cable from the ticket printer power on the backplane to verify 24v & ground.  But eh, can’t do that on the unpowered printer itself so I connect the right pins & don’t fry it!  lol

Do ya have a backplane diagram showing two 4 pin connectors for the BV & printer power?  Or know the 4 pin molex ticket printer power plug pinouts?

If I can verify the proper pins for 24v+ and ground on the ticket printer 4 pin molex.  And just put a 4 pin connector on with the pins in the right place & my printer should be finally up and working too and done!

Thanks in advance if you have any related diagrams or recommendations to get power to the printer in a proper way. 

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 08:58:26 AM »
My G23 has a 8 pin connector just to the right of backplane for printer:

Offline sccarlso

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2023, 09:41:33 AM »
Yep!  That’s what I’ve got.

Printer needs a 4 pin though.  But found a pinout for the Epic printer 4 pin plug. 👍

Only needs pin 1 for power, pin 2 for ground.

Probably best to not tie into audio power, so I think I’ll go with pulling 24v and ground from the actual printer power plug to a 4 pin to match the printer power plug.  👍

Thanks!

Offline sccarlso

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 08:03:38 AM »
Amp wiring is good!  😁

Ticket printer has power as well.  But alas it has Ithica template firmware.  🤨

New topic though.

Many thanks!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal