New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT AVP 3.0 No Game Enabled Error - E7 key not responding. HELP  (Read 1055 times)

Offline sensej04

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sensej04 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT AVP 3.0 No Game Enabled Error - E7 key not responding. HELP
« on: December 09, 2023, 03:54:13 PM »
I have an IGT AVP 3.0 machine that was running just fine.  Left room and upon return had an error saying No Game Enabled.  Tried using my E7 Key, and Diagnostics key but neither respond - at all!!  The only menu I get (even after reboots) and taking the paper out from  the door switch, is when I use the Systems Admin key or hit that button above the controller ribbon,  but I do not have the authority to change most of the options and the enable options are not available, to be changed.  it also says "no theme enabled".  even with the E 7key inserted.   I replaced the CPU entirely and same thing.  Frustrating.  I pray someone has an answer.   Thank you!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT AVP 3.0 No Game Enabled Error - E7 key not responding. HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 04:10:21 PM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

When you insert the Ekey 7 does the screen show a dialog box showing it's validating the key?

Offline sensej04

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 04:11:16 PM »
No I get nothing.  The E key blinks like it is accessing for a moment and that is all I get

Offline sensej04

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2023, 04:27:09 PM »
I even put in a new brainbox, replace the controller ribbon with a new one, installed different SATA drive with different games, and same problem.  I can see all the games on the drive(s).  So, its not the drives.  I also tried E Key 6, just to see what would happen and same issue.  nothing happens, no menu pops up or anything to indicate that it even sees it.  Same with the Diagnostics key.  Nothing happens when I insert it.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2023, 05:33:25 PM »
That's pretty odd.  I'm not sure what Ekey 6 is or for.  AVP3.0 can use 3,4,5 or universal Ekey 7, not sure about 6 though.

It appears that your Ekey 7 may be bad if it doesn't work in two different brainboxes.   If you have another one try that or test yours in another working machine.  It should show that it's validating the Ekey and bring up the setup menus when inserted. 

To use the diag key you have to install it and then turn the machine on.  The machine needs to boot from it unlike the Ekey 7 which can be used when the machine is booted up.

Offline sensej04

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2023, 06:23:03 PM »
The E Key 7 is brand new, I had to order it   I do not have another.  The Diagnostics key boots to the screen giving me the Mass storage authentication failed!!  System will retry in 10 seconds.  Thank you for the direction. 

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2023, 06:38:13 PM »
Does the ekey light up like in the picture? I'm guessing that you tried both usb ports also.

***update *** i reread all, you did mention it was lighting up. I agree with Tilt on the ekey then.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2023, 06:57:18 PM »
Have you tried reseating the USB cable from the brain box to the backplane or a different cable?
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2023, 07:12:24 PM »
I would go back to the person you got the Ekey from and let them know it's not working.  Hopefully they'll get you another one or get you a refund.

As far as the Diag goes, the good news is the brainbox is trying to boot from it so the USB ports are good.  The bad news is your diag is corrupt.  If it was inserted into a Windows computer with an OS >Windows 7, then that's why.  Window OS's after Win 7 write hidden index and volume files to any drive plugged into the machine.  These extra files change the checksum of diag usb drive and when the system does it's security check it will fail and display the message you saw. 

Somewhere here there's a batch file that you can use to delete those files, but you have to run it on a Win 7 or lower computer.  I'll look for it and update with a link if I find it.

Found it here:

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=40441.msg213757#msg213757

« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 07:35:11 PM by Tilt »

Offline sensej04

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2023, 07:32:09 PM »
Thank you for all the responses.  The drive flashes like it is being accessed for a few seconds then nothing.  I contacted the originator for the e key 7 and we will talk on Monday to find out what is going on.  Good to know about the Windows corruption.  I have not put it in the computer, so who knows.  I will go to the link provided and see if I can locate the batch file for possible detection and removal of files.  I just wish that E key 7 would work.  I am soo close to fixing this thing and have spent many hours trying to find out why.  I will let the group know after speaking with the originator of the key.  What is the odds of buying 2 bad keys from different sources.  E7 and diag.  But that is my luck as of late.   Any other ideas please let me know.  Thank you all!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2023, 07:39:41 PM »
Ok, hopefully you'll be able to get it resolved.  If you're not successful with the Diag contact member RB via PM, he can probably get you one that works.

Offline sensej04

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2023, 08:13:51 PM »
Thank you!

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2023, 09:41:56 PM »
I see that you're removing the folded paper from the write-protect switch, but try your keys as well, with the main door being partly opened too.
Don't shut it all the way.
I find that works for me to help the brainbox "see" the usb keys I've inserted.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline sensej04

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2023, 03:11:44 PM »
Yes, been doing that.  But no change.  Thanks for the input

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2023, 08:56:03 PM »
I don't know how you're corrupting expensive USB keys?
I've had my ekey 7 for quite some time now.
Are you putting it in another computer ( for ex. a laptop, a desktop computer, etc etc. ) other than an IGT AVP?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2023, 10:26:13 PM »
You can put an Ekey in any computer all day long and it won't hurt it.  It's not a USB storage device so nothing will be written to it.

The Diag on the other hand is and will have windows systems files written to it if using any Windows OS > Win 7.  Then if fails the security checksum when the system checks it and won't boot to the diag menu.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2023, 07:42:27 AM »
Unless I overlooked it I didnt see mention of C and M indicators showing.
Unless both are triggered the Ekey will do nothing.

Also, an eKey is actually a small processor. There is no writeable area (other than the low level factory), an ekey in any machine will have zero effect on it.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2023, 08:27:21 AM »
 :agreepost:  Make sure the bottom door is open and it's door switch is not pulled out into the closed state.

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2023, 08:51:40 AM »
The ekey will function with the C and F open. The suitcase and the belly door.

Offline sensej04

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2023, 10:55:35 AM »
all doors are open C, F and M doors are open.  The Key has never been put into a computer.  The Door switch is open and still nothing happens.  Puzzling!  Here are some picks. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal