New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: open door error  (Read 1867 times)

Offline eshaffstall

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • eshaffstall New User has no influence.
  • NLG
open door error
« on: November 12, 2014, 10:37:34 AM »
IGT s-plus I changed the batterry on the main board and now I can't get rid of the door open error. The lower candle light flashes 2 times a second and the upper candle light is off. I shorted the door optic sensor output but this doesn't change anything. I used a meter to verify that the door optic sensor has continuity to the P!-14B connector on the main board. Do I need to use a clear chip?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: open door error
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 10:58:09 AM »
Check your door optic emitter with a CCD based digital camera to see if the light is "blinking".  Do the reels do anything when you do an open door/close door cycle?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline eshaffstall

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 11:04:18 AM »
I will check and reply later today. Thanks for the hint.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 03:07:15 PM »
your machine has a built in diagnostic test that will test  every feature that your machine needs in order to run.

get into the test mode, go to the input test 13, close and latch the door, and see what the display is doing

if it is flashing a 1 then a 0 then the door optics are good.

I hope you didn't damage the optic circuit by shorting the wires together!

on the door led, you should measure +5vdc,  on the cabinet optic you should measure 8/10 vdc.
Hope this helps
Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline eshaffstall

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 11:41:05 AM »
In the self test mode group1 test 13 the optics are working because the result is pulsing 1-0-1-0 etc.
The machine is a "HAYWIRE"  Model B5036CFIW with SP873 and SS4072. The candle lower light flashes 2 times per second and the top light is off.
I reset the RAM but that made no change in bottom candle light.
I am thinking that maybe I should try the drop door selection bit if I can get to it in the self test procedure.
The original problem occurred with a jackpot hit and I couldn reset the machine after that. I found that the battery was reading 0 volts, so I changed it.

Offline eshaffstall

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 09:00:24 PM »
What I thought was an open door error really was a tilt condition with no sample coin in the coin comparator.
Since I reset the ram, I need to setup the machine to enable credits to work.
My machine is a "Haywire" s-plus with SP873 and SS4072.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do this?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal