New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS BB1 machines not booting  (Read 1435 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
WMS BB1 machines not booting
« on: January 25, 2024, 01:00:58 PM »
Hello all,  I picked up a couple of BB1 machines and had issues with the monitors at first. Now I have both of the monitors working.  I do know there was a battery low issue with the machines when I bought them.
Now when I turn them on they both start booting and then they both will get to a certain point and stop. Then they will stay like that until I turn them off. (See pics)
These are my first WMS BB1 machines.
If the batteries are completely dead will it keep the machine from booting?
Can someone tell what the issue is from the text on the pics?
One machine has a Blue board and the other has a green board.
Do both boards use the same batteries?
Also how many batteries are there in each machine?

After I replace all of the batteries do I have to have a clear card and clear the machine and set it back up?
If I need a clear card what clear card do I need?
I could really use some help on these machines.

I am now a contributing member so I can go download all I can find on the BB1 machines.

Thanks

Offline seadoo10

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • seadoo10 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: WMS BB1 machines not booting
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 08:41:19 PM »
Yes, you need to clear after a battery change.  I use this for my BB1
If you create a WTB post in the classifieds I'm someone can help you out

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 12:13:15 AM »
I have a 1810 clear card I got when I bought my wife two BB2 machines. I have read that it will work on the BB1 machines also. Do you know if this is true?
I have read that blue" mpu type, they are CR2032's Batteries. If you have the "green" mpu type they are BR2335, although CR2335 will also work.
It looks to me like my green board has batteries in it that end in 30. I dont know if someone used a different battery at some time or what.
It would be nice if the CR2032 would work in both boards since I have some of them.
I have read that the duel screen BB1 machines have a battery in the top box also.
Do you know if the single screen machines have a battery in the top box also?   Thanks

Offline seadoo10

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 05:23:18 AM »
I use 2032 batteries ion my green board. Not sure about the blue. I’m not sure if it matters as long as it fits and is 3v. There is a battery in the top box Tee See board box that can be changed.  That also is a 2032

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 08:54:38 AM »
seadoo10, I have looked in the top box in both of my machines. There is no battery up there that I can see. When you are saying the top box you do mean the one behind the top glass? Both of my machines only have one monitor if that matters. If there is a battery in the top box would you happen to have a pic of where it is located?  I dont want to change the batteries and try a clear and setup until I  know for sure I have changed all of the batteries. Thanks

Offline seadoo10

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 08:58:34 AM »
There is only a battery in top if you have dual monitors.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 09:04:12 AM »
seadoo10, Thank you very much. That is why I could not find one. Well I am going to try to change the batteries and clear and reset them. I will report back  my progress or problems. Thanks again

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024, 11:29:33 AM »
Ok I got Wolverton cleared and setup. I  have been playing it for about 30 minutes. The 2032 batteries work in both color boards. I  got Lucky Lemmings batteries changed. Then I cleared it but when I put the operating card and game card back in. I then turned the machine on and close the door. The machine will start booting but stops at the point in the pic. I tried clearing it a second time and it stopped at same point the second time.

It says
"No such file or directory"
bash-2.05a#
Would this be the operating card or game card being corrupt possibly?
The game card in this Lucky  Lemmings machine is a Sandisk card .
The Wolverton machine has both factory cards.

Thanks

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2024, 11:47:28 AM »
Ever notice that this "bash-2.05a#" is oneof the last things you see when using a Clear chip, and then you get that final green screen instructing you to turn off the machine, and remove the card?
Usually it takes a few seconds to get to that last green screen.
I have no doubt you are waiting long enough, because it takes a while to get a camera ready, to take a photo.

I think Files and Directories come from the OS card - when it writes to the HDD.
That would signify a problem with the OS card...or your HDD?
I could be wrong as I've never played with the BB1's..only the BB2's.

Can you swap the OS card with a similar or hgher version?

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2024, 12:26:10 PM »
Stayouttadabunker, I did get the machine completely cleared and the screen came up (see pic). Then I shut the machine off. Then I removed the clear card and put the operating system card and game card back in.
Then I turned the power on and closed the door. The machine started booting then gets to the  "bash-2.05a#" and stops. It does this after the clear was successful and then trying to boot the game.
I was thinking the HDD would be good because it is going all the way through the clear process with no problem.
The only other operating system and game cards that I have are for my two BB2 machines. I dont know if any of those cards would be compatible with BB1 or not.
Could I take the operating system card and game card out of my BB1 Wolverton (green board)  and put in the Lucky Lemmings cabinet (blue board) to test the HDD?
If I can as long as the Wolverton machine is off and I remove the cards it wont mess anything up like having to clear the Wolverton again and setup again.
I guess what I am asking is will the Wolverton be fine as long as I put the cards back in it before I turn it on the next time.

Thanks

Offline seadoo10

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2024, 12:32:14 PM »
I believe lucky Lemmings needs OS  SSOS 1440-G1.3 or SSOS 1490-G1.3

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2024, 12:58:45 PM »
You could be right seadoo10.
Take a look at this picture.

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 02:25:13 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2024, 01:13:26 PM »
Stayouttadabunker, what do you mean by "You could right Seadoo."?
Here are the operating card and game card in the Lucky Lemmings. (See pic)
This machine did work with these cards when the previous owner had it. Then she got the battery low error and it set for a few years.
                                Thanks

Offline jancsi

• Reputation Power: 17
  • jancsi New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2024, 01:57:24 PM »
I think your game match to your os card.
I ordered fom ebay Lucky Lemmings, and  it has  same OS version as you have.
Jancsi from Hungary.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2024, 02:20:29 PM »
Stayouttadabunker, what do you mean by "You could right Seadoo."?

Just a typo...I fixed it...I meant to say "You could be right seadoo10."
My laptop is old...keys are stuck, sticking, broken lol  :fuel_on_fire: :pos_computer:
Three different OS cards we're looking at here lol
Not that much different, but look...>>>

Mine pictured was 1490
newkid3's 14D0
Jansci's 14B0

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2024, 05:36:22 PM »
Ok I cleared the Lucky Lemmings machine again. (See 1st pic). Then I took the operating system card and game card out of my Wolverton machine and put them in the Lucky Lemmings machine. I turned the machine on and shut the door. It started booting and it stopped at something different this time. It says something about Network cable unplugged at top of screen. At the bottom it says (see pic 2)
IngMgr::StopSys: ingMgr: NV or HD initialization failure.
                     SYSTEM HALTED

The Wolverton cards should work in this cabinet so I am thinking it is not the operating system card or game card.
Any ideas where I should go from here,
I put the Wolverton cards back in its machine and it booted right up.
                                                                              Thanks

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2024, 05:43:54 PM »
NV is Non-Volatile Ram and HD is Hard Drive Init failure.
I'd try re-seating the memory sticks, and maybe un-plugging and re-plugging the hard drive cable?
Are there any onboard batteries low in/around the mpu?

Will the Lemmings software work in the Wolverton cabinet?

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2024, 06:05:11 PM »
I just put 2 new batteries on the MPU before starting this process. I checked them before installing them and they were both 3.2 volts.
I will have to try the Lucky Lemmings operating system card and game card in the Wolverton cabinet tomorrow. But I am pretty sure the problem with the Lucky Lemmings machine is not the cards or the Wolverton cards would have worked in it.
I might check your suggestions and any other ones I can get before tomorrow before going through all the trouble putting the lucky Lemmings in the Wolverton cabinet.  Any other suggestions  are welcome. Thanks

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2024, 07:13:19 PM »
Good batteries...hmm
Yeah...just swap the software...not the glass...you can put everything back later easier.
We want to see if we can a known-good set of software working in the problem cabinet.
If not, then you know something else is wrong.
All you're doing is running a clear, then swapping is 2 software cards right?

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2024, 07:45:51 PM »
Yeah all I am doing is just doing a clear and then putting the 2 cards in. The machines have two different size top boxes so I could not swap other stuff without a bunch of work.
Well we might be back to either the operating system card or game card.
I found a post where someone had the same "IngMgr::StopSys: ingMgr: NV or HD initialization failure".
That I got when trying to boot the Wolverton operating system card and game card in the Lucky Lemmings.
His problem ended up being that the batteries were in upside down. Wrong polarity. So I had to go out and check and I am sure they were in wrong. It was kinda dark in the area I was working and the batteries that were in there were smooth on both sides. Most of the coin cell batteries I have seen have the rough golf ball looking surface on the - side.
So when I pulled the first one out I was like ok positive side up. It should be positive side down. Right? Look at pic.
The positive is down and negative up.  I pulled them out until I make sure.
I will have to put them in right and then clear it again and try the Wolverton cards in it again. Then I will see what happens.      Thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal