New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Building my first IGT G20 machine with AVP 3.0 (625) from scrap parts..  (Read 220 times)

Offline Swhowardno1

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Swhowardno1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I stopped being a slot tech 20 years ago, but I never stopped tinkering.  I finally gathered enough spare parts to build a budget G20 machine.. i found a full wired G20 trimline cabinet with top monitor $30 minor damages from being dropped off truck sideways  :duh: , AVP 3.0 625 CPU with HDD $80, fam 20 boot and show bios chips $120, 2 thumb drives full of game loaders and licenses with 10 games each $200, power supply $45, ekay 9 $100, fam 20 diagnostic $25, huge assortment of bill validate and printers FREE, advanced Tito $45..

I am assembling all the parts right now, but i still need PDF of manual and information on how and where to get OS or accent help for after assembly.. unfortunately most of my experience stopped in the 3902 era of dlot machines... so if anyone can help me get started in setting up all software from scratch it would be a huge help.. :EmoticonHelp4:

Thank you all for helping everyone learn so much from your experience.. i probably wouldn't have gotten this far without weeks of reading everyone elses posts..
Just becsuse nobody else could fix it doesn't mean its not repairable...

Offline Swhowardno1

• NLG
See i already goofed snd posted it in reel slots only, could some kind moderator move it to appropriate category please.. :duh:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
See i already goofed snd posted it in reel slots only, could some kind moderator move it to appropriate category please.. :duh:

Moved.  No problem, that was easy. 

Good luck getting your machine put together and running.  It's fun taking a pile of parts and turning it into something that actually works.  You'll learn a lot in the process too. 

I don't know of a .pdf how to for setting up Fam 20 games on a G20 or G23.  There's been a couple of users here who have done it, but I think they were using 660 CPUs.  I'm sure you need at least the video card from a 660 to make it work. 

Hang in there and I'm sure someone will who has done it will drop in and offer some advice. 

Offline Swhowardno1

• NLG
Here is my cabinet,  and i see the Power supply connection is 24 pin, anyone know if it takes the s2000 power supply mounted upside down, pins seem to line up perfectly.

I slso read many times that the Fam20 gameson a G20 with 3.0 625  cpu is unrealistic, so i am probably going to start with Fam14 OS, i already have game loaders and diag key 14-23, but i will need an Ekey 7 soon. i don't know if the cpu is already loaded with OS when i bought it.. haven't had enough parts to test it until now..i see i hzve purchased way too much stuff, and i will start posting some of my spare parts for sale soon.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
The S2000 PS will work but you need a different mounting bracket. I have one if needed. I also have the upper door if you don't have one.
Do you have the BV housing?
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Swhowardno1

• NLG
Thsnks RB, I'm glad the s2000 will fit, for now i'm just going plug it in and see what my next issue is , i'm sure i'm gonna need a whole box full of parts by the end of day..  i was following the harness and found both power wires were pulled out of molex plug for power supply, searching for my molex pin puller kit to reinstall them.. i just noticed i'm missing harness that plugs into J11 from back plane and power in for CPU.(The 10pin molex..) i knew this would be a fun project  :Tongue_Out:

I'm making a list of WTB and WTS, they will be post soon.. i already know i need the lower door,  button panel and J11 harness. I stripped a few cabinets recently,  so Was i'm gonna to dig thru my spare harness to see if one of them will have connections that will work for j11

Hopefully i'm not totally helpless,  i managed to keep a decent gpa in my associate electronics engineering degree, and i'm a hobby machinist, so i have plent of tools to make just about anything imaginable..but my experience are nothing compared to most of the guru's helping here.. :hail:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal