New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Just an old fashioned S plus post - (Where are you stayouttadabunker?)  (Read 5231 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I've had an old Double Diamond Deluxe in my garage for a few years now. It always took coins but the DBV -45 was always flaky. Sometimes it would take a bill, other times it would just go "areeeerew areeeeeew rrrrrrup!" and do nothing. Since I was working on my WBA 200's the past few weeks, I though I'd inspect this one and see if I could fix it... again. I wiggled it, cleaned the optics, blew it out and it began to take 1's again (that's all it ever took!). But after shutting it off, the DBV-145 crapped out again a few days later!
Buzz always said to just throw them away...  :Professor:
So tonight I took it apart, and swapped out the head with a DBV 200 head that I forgot I had laying around... put it back together and now it works great, and takes 20's as well!  :applause:
While I had the MPU out, I replaced the battery that was showing less than one volt with a new one that I forgot I had laying around.
Then I removed the intermittently operating BV bulbs and cleaned the contacts. I put them back in and got a nice bright bill entry.
Now the machine is back to it's old glory. It's fun to play too.
Should I throw away that DBV 145 head???  :Scratch-Head: I have another broken one as well!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Just an old fashioned S plus post - (Where are you stayouttadabunker?)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 11:19:09 AM »
 :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: Well I thought a fun s plus post would wake this section up!  :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline coorslight115

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 02:17:09 PM »
:zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: Well I thought a fun s plus post would wake this section up!  :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz:

DBV145's make good paper weights or door stops... :dancing_2:

I think Bunker fell into a bunker and can't get out :24:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 10:18:23 PM »
Great tip to know.. I've never had much if an opportunity to work with the DBV145 or 200's. I've got one in an older Sigma video poker machine. I wish there was a way to up grade it's software to newer money or just swap out the whole validator, but I don't think it's possible because of Sigma machines or company's not around any more.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline brianfink

• Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 05:47:52 AM »
DBV 200 can be updated for IGT to take everything but the new $5 and $100. I'm not shore what the IDO on yours is but if it's 22/23 or 003, I probably have the software. I don't have software for IDO 24 but I think it does exist.  I don't exactly remember but I think the last update for those was V 2.5.     

Offline coorslight115

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 09:00:48 AM »
DBV 200 can be updated for IGT to take everything but the new $5 and $100. I'm not shore what the IDO on yours is but if it's 22/23 or 003, I probably have the software. I don't have software for IDO 24 but I think it does exist.  I don't exactly remember but I think the last update for those was V 2.5.   

V2.61-03-04 was the last for the Ido22/23

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 11:24:19 AM »
I'm okay with my DBV200 taking 1's and 20's. It's fine for my nickel and quarter machine.
And yes I think the other Mark may be somewhere in a bunker... wish we could get him out! I miss the humor and knowledge he added here.  :applause:

Online rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 01:19:13 PM »
Tokenize and you don't need a dbv anymore.  On the S+ you can tokenize and have each coin give you up to 99 credits per coin.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 01:52:53 PM »
Tokenize and you don't need a dbv anymore.  On the S+ you can tokenize and have each coin give you up to 99 credits per coin.

That might be possible on the IGT S+, but I don't think it can on my Sigma Video Poker
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline brianfink

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 03:07:56 PM »
I have an old sigma amigo road with wba 12/13 ido 03 I think as long as you don't have an sh with the stacker behind the BV you could up grade. 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 03:19:52 PM »
I have an old sigma amigo road with wba 12/13 ido 03 I think as long as you don't have an sh with the stacker behind the BV you could up grade.
My Sigma Video Poker has the cash box & door located on the right side if the machine, I don't think mine would work with the WBA12/13. My best bet is to locate a DBV200 head and get it flashed with the latest software that was available..
And remember...

Offline brianfink

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 08:42:39 AM »
Yes that sounds like an sh model with the stacker door on the side of the machine. I have an old Gamemaker with one of those I just set it up for free play.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 11:55:13 AM »
  :hijacked2:

But it's become more interesting than my original post!
Now I have a question too. I just got a few WBA 12/13. There were supposed to be SS but one was an SH and I was told this by rickhunter when I recently asked about one for my s2000.

"The "SS" stacks down, the "SH" stacks up.  On the SS the cash can is below the head, on the sh is on top, so an SH will not work on an S-2000."

My SH transport looks like the SS transport. Am I not seeing something? And, how does it stack up? Would the cash can just be in the other direction... I assume?

Offline brianfink

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 04:55:27 PM »
I've never seen a WBA SH but I know the DBV SH has a totally different stacker than the SS. The heads look similar and the SH head will fit on an SS stacker but it won't work. So my guess would be you have an SH head on an SS stacker but I could be wrong.

Online rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 08:07:38 PM »
Actually I have to correct my previous assertion.  The SU is the upstacker, the SH is basically a shortened version of the SS.  It stacks down, but the cash can footprint is about 1/2 as high.  I am under the impression that the stacker part looks the same, but I'm not sure if it will work on an SS setup.  I don't know if the gears will turn or match the same way.  Only way to find out is to try it and see if it works.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 09:49:08 PM »
No I put the SH unit in my S2000 and it wouldn't work. But the head was interchangeable with my existing transport and it worked fine.
That makes sense though... gear direction...
That's why it looked the same to me!

Online rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 09:57:09 PM »
The WBA 1x series heads can go into any stacker.  There are only 2 head types.  1 for the wba 1x series which is US currency and a wba 2x series which is for the rest of the world.  You can turn any transport into an international transport by changing the software and the head.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal