New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Error 3100  (Read 5868 times)

Offline cobra617

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • cobra617 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ Error 3100
« on: December 08, 2014, 07:31:12 PM »
Hi all,
I sold an IGT S+ on craigslist the other day. The buyer emails me today to tell me that it doesn't work. This machine has been in my basement for 9 years and it has never had a problem.

This is the email I received from the person (by power supply board I am guessing that he means the MPU):

"Plugged it in today to try it. It would not work. I opened the door and the power supply box had fallen out. I put it back where it belongs. There are 2 light green wires with no ends on them, not hooked to anything. There is also a 2 wire connector beside the bill machine not plugged into anything. I tried resetting and unplugging. There is a 3100 in the winner paid display. The candle light is flashing, it will not take a coin"

So I responded to him with:
"The suggested action for a 3100 error is to open/close the door and then check the hopper.
First thing I’d do is check the door. Make sure that it is securely shut. Open it and close it securely (You have to push it tight and then force the release lever all the way down). It can be tricky. Once it shuts give it a few seconds to initialize.

Check the switches on the door to make sure that they appear correct. (They may have dislodged)

I’d pull the hopper to check it and check to make sure there are no coins that are jammed behind hopper knife.

Also check for and clear any jammed coins in the coin out channel.
Lastly, this is unlikely but check the coin out optic sensor for blockage or dirty surface"

He mentioned to me that he tried all of the above and it still has error 3100. He was asking about the "loose" wires, but I have no clue about them. Any thoughts for me to relay to him?
Thank you.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:00:34 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: IGT S+ Error 3100
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 10:34:22 PM »
Most machines have loose wires.

The problem sounds like it is from the hopper but just in case have him check the (red) SSR that turns on the hopper and make sure all of the spade terminals are seated onto their posts on the SSR.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 06:10:06 AM »

Thanks for the  reply.
I too didn't suspect the door because when I didn't have the door lever fully shut on it, I'd get no error display code. Just blank and then I knew to lift a reseat the door lever.

This is a little embarassing...I am not well versed in slot compnents......what is an SSR?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 09:04:54 AM »
Sorry about that. A SSR is a Solid State Relay that is turned on with a DC voltage on it's input and then turns on a solid state switch, or Triac, which controls the AC voltage that runs the hopper motor.

On one side is a DC voltage coming from the main computer board and on the other side is a AC voltage in series with the hopper motor.

It is usually a red box with a +/- input marking on the input and two AC terminals on the output.

On some machines it is mounted to the side of the hopper bracket and on others it is mounted on the floor of the machine behind the hopper bracket somewhere.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 09:43:06 AM »
Thanks very much for the response. I'll pass along the information to him.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 01:35:17 AM »
According to the error list (which is linked to in a sticky FAQ post in this section), a 3100 error is the machine saying that the hopper paid out an extra coin.  Opening and closing the door should reset that error.  If the display doesn't change at all after opening and closing the door, I would suspect that the door optics may not be registering the door as closed, either because the person is not closing the door all the way, or because the bill stacker (cash can) door is open, or because the door optics are broken.

I don't know what your customer meant by "power supply board" either, but if he inserted or removed the MPU board with the machine on, he could have potentially blown the optics and/or fried components on the MPU board, causing strange behavior.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 07:28:59 AM »
This a shot in the dark. The "power supply box" may be the box on the side of the bill acceptor/bill stacker frame. My S+ has one there. It just slips into a clip and hangs on 2 pins. One set of wires run to the harness for the bill acceptor. The harness has 3 molex connectors unless updated to wba 13. Then the harness has 4 and 1 is not used. But as Badbaud said there are lots of empty connectors in a slot. The green wires cut off may be the cash door optics. I caught mine with the can one time and loosened them and then caught them in the door and actually cut through one. If those optics are hooked up and the wires got cut it shows the door open.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:58:07 PM by Shaggy »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 07:58:37 AM »
This a shot in the dark. The "power supply box" may be the box on the side of the bill acceptor/bill stacker frame. My S+ has one there. It just slips into a clip and hangs on 2 pins. One set of wires run to the harness for the bill acceptor. The harness has 3 molex connectors unless updated to wba 13. Then the harness has 4 and 1 is not used. But as Badbaud said there are lots of empty connectors in a slot. The green wires cut off may be the cash door optics. I caught mine with the can one time and loosened them and then caught them in the door and actually cut through one. If those optics are hooked up and the wires got cut it shows the door open.

Ding, ding, ding.....

Thanks Shaggy. That is exactly what happened. The "loose" wires were next to the DBV. He looked around to find if those green wires came loose from somewhere. He re-connected it and voila, the machine now works.

Whew. I am not a dealer, just a homeowner with 3 machines. I have VERY little experience with an S+. The reason being is that darn machine just worked. It was like a tank. Never once had a problem. Not even a coin jam.
Bally 6000's are a bit more temperamental and therefore I have more experience with them. I felt bad for the guy because he was super nice. Sometimes with craigslist, you never know who will show up at your place. So it was refreshing to get a really nice person. This was his first machine.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 09:51:28 AM »
Glad we got him going.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal