New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: hopper problems on an s+  (Read 2737 times)

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
hopper problems on an s+
« on: December 28, 2014, 05:32:12 PM »
i have 2 s+ machines both work except 1 wont pay out. i have tried the hopper from the none working machine in the working machine and its not the hopper. if i compare the voltages on the plugs for the hopper the bottom 2 i get 110 ac on the working one nothing on the other. the 2 pins above i have a good ground on both machines and the other pin on the working machine is 10v the none working machine has -3v (obviously a problem). next i checked the 3 lines that trigger the ssr on the the none working machine the lines are totally dead weather the machine is trying to pay out or not. i also swapped the ssr just because it seemed like a good idea to test the ssr works in the good machine. any ides on where to look next would be appreciated.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: hopper problems on an s+
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 05:49:40 PM »
I think one of the plugs on the back plane controls the hopper. Reseat the plugs, maybe bad connection.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 10:37:19 AM »
To test the hopper while the door is open, open the door and press the little white test button a few times until you see the number [3] in the "Credits Played" window.

This "little white test button" can be located in three places on an S+
 1). Up near the power switch,
 2). Behind the power switch or
 3). Down on the left wall-mounted MPU panel box

Now you can force the hopper pay out 10 coins each time you press the "Play" button on the door or turn the Reset switch.

It's a good way to observe what is going with the hopper as you try to activate a test.
After you're done, just close the door and you'll get out of the test mode and back into game mode.

I noticed that you never said whether or not if you tested the other known good hopper from the working machine in this "problem" cabinet? I'm only guessing that you've tried both hoppers in the problem machine?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »
thanks for all the info so far. i knew how to run the hopper test but its always good to keep info like that on hand. yes i have tested multiple known working hoppers in the none working machine(always good to have spare parts). checking the connections was one of the first things i did all seemed good. i have a spare mpu for it i will try next time im near the machines and if that fixes it i may try to trace out what parts on the mpu control the hopper.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 11:00:09 AM »
if the game works and all other functions are good, then you have a wiring issue.  the signals to the hopper come from the motherboard J10, pins 5-6-8-9-10.   pins 5/6 are the hopper control wires that go to the SSR, grey/violet and grey and red.  pin 8 is the hopper full signal ,it goes to the top pin on the hopper plug, pin 9 is the coin in signal, it goes to the other top pin on the hopper plug. pin 10 is +VB (+10vdc) from the power supply portion of the board.  those are the next two pins  down on the hopper plug. the bottom two pins on the hopper plug come from two places, one from the output of the power supply and the other from the SSR relay. this is the 110vac that will drive the motor.  the black/red wire to the SSR is the hot line, the white/red is the neutral. the neutral goes directly to the hopper plug, the hot wire is sent to one terminal of the  SSR , when the SSR is turned on, it will pass this to the second terminal  of the SSR and onto the hopper plug.  Sounds as if J10 is not connected or something else is going on with the wiring behind the plug.

Hope this helps

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 12:14:08 PM »
J10 is what I was thinking about. Has to be a bad connection there
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal