New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Green Varta Battery Required Voltage - Enhanced 1270 MPU  (Read 3997 times)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Green Varta Battery Required Voltage - Enhanced 1270 MPU
« on: January 21, 2015, 11:35:24 AM »
I know the green Varta battery is needed on the Enhanced 1270 MPU, but does anyone know the voltage threshold it needs to still be "good". Have an Enhanced board with a Varta at 1.2v and a NetPlex Link Down error. I'm suspecting this is a result of that low battery??? Yes? No?

Roslyn
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Green Varta Battery Required Voltage - Enhanced 1270 MPU
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 12:51:18 PM »
Roz,   measure the voltage, put the board in the machine for half hour,  see if the voltage goes up ,  shows its charging, if its gets above 2.5 volts it should be good for testing etc.

one quick easy way to rule out the power supply associated with this error!  you need a meter for this,  on the motherboard(backplane board) J-13 on  a regular 500 series mpu, is the power plug, on very bottom, right side. 10 pin plug,  pin 6,  top left row of pins, only solid black wire in the plug harness,it is the signal from the power supply (+5/6 vdc). with the power off, insert a meter probe into that plug, with the plug connected to the motherboard, make sure it is pushed all the way in, touch any metal surface with the other meter lead, turn power on, if your meter reads 5/6vdc, then the power supply is doing what it should be doing and you could start to look else wear for your problem. I think the enhanced motherboard power connector is in the same position as the 500 series.

Hope this helps
Jim
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:40:29 AM by Jim »

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 12:52:43 PM »
Possibly, leave the machine turned on for a few hours and see if the battery charges, then turn it off and back on to see if the error clears. As long as the battery takes a charge of course, 1.2 is too low. I would think something 3+ for it to do it's job. Just guessing...

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »
if  you  don't pull the silver battery you'll get a false reading

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 02:20:54 PM »
For those without a way to measure voltage.

On a 1270 board (enhanced)

If the nexplex error is blinking in the vfd then the varta battery needs to be charged (if it will keep a charge) or replaced. Usually the red LED light on the board blinks also.

If the nexplex error is not blinking and is on constant in the vfd then replace the power supply.

Offline buybestslots

• buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 02:36:46 PM »
ken  would you think someone here  don't own or know how to use a meter?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 02:48:20 PM »
lmao ..  if i put the two wires in a hole and if something doesn't blow up then i figure i did it the right way

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 02:55:52 PM »
 :24:

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 02:59:50 PM »
Well I think we nailed it, as the red LED is flashing, along with NetPlex error. Power supply has already been replaced.

Sorry for the lack of details, this is for a customer who sent a board to me to test and I can't test a 1270, I don't have a game setup with one currently.
I checked the batteries before sending it back (hoping to get lucky  :jeannie: ) and found the green battery at 1.2v. (I didn't know to pull the main battery though. Thanks for the tip!)

Thanks a ton guys!

Roz

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 03:18:28 PM »
Roz .. the main battery just slides out with a little assistance from a small screwdriver.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 03:29:04 PM »
It's already gone back out...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal