New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Trip Diamond flashing 52 & 10 in winner paid  (Read 5941 times)

Offline waynek

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • waynek New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Trip Diamond flashing 52 & 10 in winner paid
« on: April 08, 2016, 01:02:41 PM »
I have a triple diamond s+ slant top and in the winner paid display it is alternating 52 and 10. Also the lower candle is flashing, upper is off. Coin accept optic board is giving me problems and wont register coins. I have a manual but can't find what the 52 and 10 mean. (Game chip ?) If I push the button on the coin optics board I get dings and can spin reels

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: Trip Diamond flashing 52 & 10 in winner paid
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 01:44:47 PM »
Did you buy it this way or it was working before and now are getting these codes

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 02:39:01 PM »
Doesn't what you're describing indicate it paid out 52 of 62 credits and needs to pay 10 more?

Offline waynek

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 02:43:52 PM »
I have had it for about 10 years but haven't used it for the last 2. My Nephew wanted to play so I plugged it in. Wouldn.t give credit for coins. Tried test button on MB. Been a while since I worked on the coin optics board and I forgot everything. Was hoping someone would know what the 52 and 10 meant. Was a Vegas machine originally I think.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 02:50:14 PM »
If it sat for that long I would clean the optics and comparitor coin path, check the cmos battery voltage and of course make sure there are coins in the hopper

Offline waynek

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 02:52:10 PM »
No I don.t think so. Winner paid flashes 52 then 10 then 52 then 10. Credits does not have any numbers on the display, nor is the cash/credit button lit. coins played is 3. Candle lower light is fast flash with upper light off which book says is IDLE DOOR OPEN, but the door is closed.

Offline waynek

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 03:01:42 PM »
Coin bin is full, took coin opto board off and cleaned, have spare comparitors but if comparitor was bad coins would drop straight through instead of into bin. Trying to figure out what the 52 and 10 mean. Then I will work on checking the optos with a camera. If lower flashing candle means door open and it's closed will need to look into the door switch but when I open door winner paid goes blank, coins played goes to 0 candle goes out. When I close the door display goes blank for a few seconds then 52 and 10 and 3 coins played, lower candle flash, which seems like the door switch is working?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 03:56:02 PM »
Generally when you have 2 different numbers flashing in the winner paid window, ot's because of a cashout and it's showing how many were paid and how many are left to be paid. If you have a programming chip, loft one leg of the battery and reset it

Offline waynek

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 04:39:57 PM »
No don't think that is it. When the door is open, and I set it on credit, if I push the credit button on the opto the game plays as normal. Spins reels, shows credits, coins played, and amount won just like normal. But when I close the door it goes blank, then after a few seconds I get 52 then 10 flashing in the winner paid. (So If I disconnect the door switch and fix/replace the coin opto board I could use it.)

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 05:12:10 PM »
No don't think that is it. When the door is open, and I set it on credit, if I push the credit button on the opto the game plays as normal. Spins reels, shows credits, coins played, and amount won just like normal. But when I close the door it goes blank, then after a few seconds I get 52 then 10 flashing in the winner paid. (So If I disconnect the door switch and fix/replace the coin opto board I could use it.)

You can't just disconnect the door optics. You will have to bypass them. But with blank and the return it sounds like the door optics may be working. Is there a cash can optics that could be causing the trouble? I've also heard that slant top doors are a b**ch to get closed completely. I'd check that again.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 06:31:58 PM »
Might be a dumb question, but there's a sample coin in the comparitor, right?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 09:03:11 PM »
It does not sound like a door optic problem at all...I agree with the others that if sounds more like a Cash Out issue, dead/dying battery, or possibly a coin comp issue. As Shaggy said, the display would NOT go blank after closing the door if optics were bad.  :no: I wouldnt touch the optics, as you are seeing the correct response from the machine when you close the door.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 02:58:37 AM »
Agreed with the others above, your door optics are good -- don't mess with them.

You didn't state if you have a 2-coin or 3-coin game, but I'm going to make some guesses here -- tell me if I'm right.  :)

You have a 2-coin game.  When you close the door, the displays go blank, the reels do a "maiden spin", and stop on three mixed bars (or perhaps 2 cherries).  How am I doing?

The machine is telling you that the last game paid 10 credits, and then the last action after that was that someone hit the "cash out" button and it paid out 52 coins.

The machine is now waiting for you to insert a coin.  You said that coins are going to the "bin" -- do you mean the hopper inside the machine, or that they're being rejected back to the player?

If the machine is accepting the coins to the hopper: but you're not receiving credit, your coin-in optics are malfunctioning.  If you have a spare set of coin-in optics (located directly below the coin comparator assembly -- they have the small white button you've been using to add service credits with the door open), replace them.  If you don't have a spare, you can try removing the surface-mounted transistor labeled as either Q-2 or Q-4 on your coin-in optics board (see this post by Jim for details on that).  If it still "eats" coins after doing that, you'll need to order a new coin-in optic board.

If the coins are being rejected back to the player: re-seat or replace the sample coin in the comparator.  Also adjust the sensitivity on the comparator to make it less likely to reject coins.  Details on that procedure can be found here.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline waynek

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 05:45:27 AM »
I have a 3 line 3 coin game. There is a quarter in the coin comparitor. Most of the coins I put in go to the hopper inside with a few going back to the player in the outside. I don't have a spare coin in opto board but had problems years ago, checked the leds with a camera, then figured out problem was wireing. If I moved the plug around it would start working for a few thousand plays. It is possible that I won 10 and paid out 35 because I remember switching from credit to cash when it wouldn't work. Battery on the MB is good at 3.6 volts. When I add service credits with the door open machine works as it should, but when I close the door it goes back to the 10 and 52 flash. I did unplug the door opto on the door and machine kept working like door was opened though closed. I have another MB with 5 coin 9 line chips somewhere if it would make a difference to change out? Or if it is 10 won and 50 credits paid is there a way to clear that? (unhook battery, reset key, change MB. ) I am working on getting a new 10 pin coin in opto board and will try some of the comparitors I have. I know a little about the machine but am far from an expert. Thank-you to all who have tried to help so far. You guys have been great.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 08:36:16 AM »
Check the hopper wires that connect to the backside of the the plug that the hopper connects to. If you have a bad connection or loose wire  the hopper will not run to finish the payout

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 09:38:15 AM »
Replace the sample coin and adjust the coin sensitivity in the bottom right hand corner of the compartitor .. turn clockwise until it stops and then counter clockwise until it stops.

Offline waynek

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 12:29:28 PM »
I would like to THANK everyone who helped out. I got the machine working. I removed the coin in opto board, sprayed it with contact cleaner, wiped it off, and reassembled it. For some strange reason it is now working correctly. The 52 and 10 had to be 10 won and 52 coins cashed out just as everyone said. You guys are the best for offering your expertise and helping me find the way to fix it. MUCH APPRECIATED.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2016, 01:35:21 PM »
You had dust inside from sitting for so long and it was screwing up coin reading

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2016, 01:45:49 PM »
Glad you got it going.    :agreepost:
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal