New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Stuck at 61-1 error  (Read 13244 times)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ Stuck at 61-1 error
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2016, 10:28:39 AM »
Thank you for the great picture of the front. That's the first clear picture I've seen of the early model S+ with the bill validator mounted in the machine. I have an early model without the b/v. I wondered how those mounted with the reel glass. It's a great looking machine and you'll get it going.   :applause:

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 11:30:33 AM »
PM sent and thank you! My soldering skills are serviceable and it doesn't look like a difficult job. Worst case I have to buy a new board, which I'd have to do anyway. To be clear, we're talking about the 6 legged chip I'm pointing at in the attached photo?

I'm guessing that photo didn't get attached.  The chip is the EEPROM on the fixed motherboard in the bottom of the machine (which the removable MPU board plugs into), which looks similar to this picture:

Let's start with the easier solution of new door optics, though.  Make sure to install the new set as a pair to eliminate any confusion, and do them one at a time to make sure you put the emitter and receiver in the proper places.  It may be helpful for you to put a mark on the connectors of the new optics prior to installing them so you know which ones are your originals, and which are the replacements.

Thank you for the great picture of the front. That's the first clear picture I've seen of the early model S+ with the bill validator mounted in the machine.

Aah, the Western Money Systems bill validators.  I've always heard that they were garbage -- very unreliable.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2016, 01:23:17 PM »

Thank you for the great picture of the front. That's the first clear picture I've seen of the early model S+ with the bill validator mounted in the machine.

Aah, the Western Money Systems bill validators.  I've always heard that they were garbage -- very unreliable.

They may have been terrible bill validators, but they make seeing the winner paid display easy when pushing the test button.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2016, 09:04:30 PM »
Are you getting 61 first, and then that changes to 61_1 after you press the self-test button near the power switch, or does it just boot up to 61_1?

Can you post a picture of both sides of your door optics?  Stupidly IGT used the same harness on both sides, and it's possible to attach them incorrectly, or attach two emitters or two receivers by mistake.

Very important point knagl made on the door optics.
Let me elaborate on this a bit...>>>

Both the optics have two wires and both the door emitter & cabinet reciever optics have wire that is red.
HOWEVER, the door emitter optic has one wire that is black,
and the cabinet reciever optic has one wire that is white.

Hope this helps ya! :)

BTW I'm mailing out to you the small 8-pin motherboard ( 24C04 ) chip in the morning...thanks for the addy info  :cool_thumb_up:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 10:06:53 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline MNHazmat

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • MNHazmat New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 06:29:37 PM »
Update!

So prior to my first post here, I had ordered the parts to build the optics bypass set with the resistor, IC chip and toggle switch. Those materials showed up today and I figured I'd give it a shot on the off chance it worked - and it did. Sort of...

Hooking up the bypass got me past the 61-1 and allowed the machine to boot up. Following that however it would not accept any coins. I stepped through a few things I had read and ended up cycling back to the door optics. Now that the machine is working I was able to get into the door test and saw a constant 13-1 when connected vs the toggling 1's and 0's I expected to see. I hooked the new set of optics up and got a steady 13-0.

I had read that a camera phone should be able to pick up the light from the emitter - it did not. I tried all 3 emitters that I have with the same result.

On a whim, I built a straight through bypass cable to connect the door side red wire to the frame side red wire and lo and behold, alternating 1's and 0's appeared! The machine now accepts coin and plays!

Is it possible that I bought 2 bad sets of replacement optics? My next test to to build extension wires for the optic leads, screw the eyes down onto a piece of wood so I can verify alignment and test these damn things once and for all.

One problem remains and I'm hoping it's just a setting. When I hit cash out - nothing happens. No coins, no codes, no noise, no nothing. Thoughts?

Oh, and where is the volume control on this thing? It's loud as hell!

Thanks again to everyone for helping this newbie out!

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2016, 07:24:22 PM »
Update!

So prior to my first post here, I had ordered the parts to build the optics bypass set with the resistor, IC chip and toggle switch. Those materials showed up today and I figured I'd give it a shot on the off chance it worked - and it did. Sort of...

Hooking up the bypass got me past the 61-1 and allowed the machine to boot up. Following that however it would not accept any coins. I stepped through a few things I had read and ended up cycling back to the door optics. Now that the machine is working I was able to get into the door test and saw a constant 13-1 when connected vs the toggling 1's and 0's I expected to see. I hooked the new set of optics up and got a steady 13-0.

I had read that a camera phone should be able to pick up the light from the emitter - it did not. I tried all 3 emitters that I have with the same result.

On a whim, I built a straight through bypass cable to connect the door side red wire to the frame side red wire and lo and behold, alternating 1's and 0's appeared! The machine now accepts coin and plays!

Is it possible that I bought 2 bad sets of replacement optics? My next test to to build extension wires for the optic leads, screw the eyes down onto a piece of wood so I can verify alignment and test these damn things once and for all.

One problem remains and I'm hoping it's just a setting. When I hit cash out - nothing happens. No coins, no codes, no noise, no nothing. Thoughts?

Oh, and where is the volume control on this thing? It's loud as hell!

Thanks again to everyone for helping this newbie out!

We had a guy on here a while back with an S+ with bad optics, we thought. And was actually the case. He had techs at his place of employment who told him S+ and S2000 optics were different. The members told him they were the same but his guys told him different. Long story short, he bought 2 bad sets of optics before getting a set of S2000 optics that fixed his problem. So yes it's possible to get bad optics. Some of these may be 30+ years old. You just never know.
It is possible with a setting on the cash out. Check for disconnected wires or even a broken switch. These again are old and the slightest bump could crack and break a button housing.
If it's a 10mhz board, there will be a blue wheel on top of the MPU. That is the volume control. If it's a 16mhz it's in the setup menu. Most are 10mhz. Look for the wheel.

Dave

Offline MNHazmat

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MNHazmat New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2016, 06:47:25 PM »

Any tips on how to get that validator working? I have it enabled - but no go. More hassle than it's worth or no?

Offline slots4home

• Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2016, 06:56:36 PM »
I would contact  slotwholesalers
They have some WBAs that you can change yours over to.
They are a lot more reliable.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2016, 11:45:58 PM »
Any tips on how to get that validator working? I have it enabled - but no go. More hassle than it's worth or no?

That's what I've always heard about them, and beyond that I unfortunately know nothing to even begin to point you in the right direction with the Western Money Systems validators.  Best of luck to you.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2016, 08:16:21 AM »
 I don't know if Western Money Systems  is still in business. But here is what you have!  you have to keep that unit in place because the display is an integral part of the bill unit, you could remove the unit, but then you would have to replace the glass and find a stand alone display, probably not worth the trouble.

the sad part is that your board is mounted to the left of the hopper, hopper can't be moved over to make room for a bill unit.  so you wouldn't be able to add an internal bill unit.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2018, 02:50:22 AM »

I'm looking for the transport/can for a Western BV. Did you ever get yours going? If not I could use the can. Thanks.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline rockymountainslots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • rockymountainslots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2018, 06:25:10 AM »
Get a ivc006 clear chip and a set chip your eesquare is corrupted clear it twice it will clear all your problems them put your program back in then you will get a 61 hold test button in then it will go to a 61-1 then close door turn reset switch should clear

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2018, 09:38:12 PM »
This is a post from 2016.  I'm locking it.  The OP can request that it be unlocked if need be by sending me a PM.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal