New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Barcrest Top Dollar question  (Read 15287 times)

Offline br549autosales

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
S+ Barcrest Top Dollar question
« on: April 26, 2014, 02:56:28 PM »
Just picked up a S+ Top Dollar and a Vision Pinball. In the Top Dollar I am getting this code on the display. Can someone tell me what it means please?

Thanks,

David

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 04:57:59 PM by cowboygames »

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ Barcrest Top Dollar question
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 04:27:54 PM »
Ha,  I knew either you or me would get them!.  I just sent you a text.

Offline br549autosales

• br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 06:03:50 PM »
Got it working, it was just the common problem with the burnt pin connector on the bottom rear of the machine. One other question, where is the volume control on this machine? I could not find one on the main board at the top like most S+ machines.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 07:46:31 PM by br549autosales »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »
If it's a 10mhz board then volume control is in the programming. I believe the top box MPU has it's own also. I can't rememberwhere in the programming volume is changed though :fryingpan:

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 07:47:43 PM »
There must be one in the top box somewhere because I hit the Top Dollar bonus and did not get any sounds in the bonus game.

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 07:21:21 AM »
I believe I have a 16 mhz board in this machine since there is not a volume pot nor are there any dip switches. I looked for a self test button inside the game but I can't find it. I believe I will have to change the volume in the menu mode, but without the self test button I am stuck. I did see a pot in the top box that is labeled sensitivity, is that for the top box volume?

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 07:37:49 AM »
I found a volume pot in the tp box, it was behind a power supply that I had to move out of the way to gain access. I turned it up and played the machine again. Not only did it not change the volume during reel spins and wins, I also got a Top Dollar bonus and there was still no sound at all during the bonus round.

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 08:10:21 AM »
Well now I have found the self test switch, it was on the backside of the on/off switch housing. I can get into menu mode now but how do I get to the part where I can change the reel spin and roll up sounds?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 03:05:14 PM »
Well David, you're doing better than us with your Top Dollar.... :applause: :applause: :applause:

We've got one that has no top box sound and I'm about to  :banghead: :banghead: ....I was hopeful when I read your post just now! Glad you got yours working though!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 03:37:57 PM »
Bonus sound on this model comes from the top box module.  He has roll up -reg. s+ sound on normal game play. I would be pulling the module out and inspecting.  From my memory as I had two of these exact ones a long time ago There is not a lot you can do with the module.  The modules are kinda hard to find these days.

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 04:16:12 PM »
I found another volume pot in the top box and turned it up as well but still no sound during the Top Dollar bonus round. I zeroed out the credits on the machine and tried again to get into the menu settings by pressing the self test switch but could not get to the 2-0 or 2-1 section where I believe you increase the volume 0f 1-10. Can someone tell me how to navigate through the menu to change the main game sounds? Any suggestions to what else I can do to get the the bonus round sounds?

Thanks,

David

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 04:45:26 PM »
I found another volume pot in the top box and turned it up as well but still no sound during the Top Dollar bonus round. I zeroed out the credits on the machine and tried again to get into the menu settings by pressing the self test switch but could not get to the 2-0 or 2-1 section where I believe you increase the volume 0f 1-10. Can someone tell me how to navigate through the menu to change the main game sounds? Any suggestions to what else I can do to get the the bonus round sounds?

Thanks,

David
I have the full Barcrest menu options somewhere.., I'll look..

When I had my Little Devil and Jewel in the Crown, I was able to change the bonus sounds/tunes to like 4-5 different options.

Dale would know, I'll shoot him a text. - I'll look for the info after din.

Harvs

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »
I looked in the old site and it was an answer I got back in '10 when I had a similar issue. This was from CP
And the topic also stated you must have 0 credits on the machine.
(quote)
OK.... finally a subject I can be of some assistance with..... Some of you guys are so advanced that I don't even know what you're even talking about ( that's a compliment  ).   To change the Bonus round volume.......Flick the jackpot reset key until you get a 2-0 ... hit the white reset button several times until you get to 58.   Hit the SPIN REELS button from 1 ( lowest ) to 5 ( highest) volume.  After choosing a volume; hit the white reset button until all displays are blank and then close the door.....  Hope this helps.   Bill

It also talked about the top box having separate speakers from the bottom. I don't have an S+ anymore and haven't for a few years so any advice is from memory, sorry

Here's a link to my old topic
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=printpage;topic=6094.0

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 04:55:04 PM »
Here's a sound card if someone needs it and yes, it comes out of the UK, about the only place you can get MPU4 and MPU5 stuff anymore

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Barcrest-MPU4-fruit-machine-program-sound-card-board-/261459438530?

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 05:19:17 PM »
Thanks cowboy, I just tried that and can't seem get to the 2-0 part. What window/displays will the 2-0 be in? Do I open the door and press the self test switch or turn the JP key in order to get to the 2-0 starting point? I have tried it both ways and still am not getting a 2-0 in any of the displays.

Offline dale

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • dale New User barely matters.dale New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 06:19:05 PM »
Open the door and push the self test button to 2-0 or 2-1 whatever you are set at. turn the JP key until you hit 58. It will be numbered 0-10, with 0 being off. 10 will be the loudest. Adjust with the spin button. Make sure you have no credits on the machine and your coin tray is snug in the molex. It sounds as if you found the volume control in the White Game Frame on the bottom. It is very hard to adjust the sound but can be done with a tiny screw driver bent in a 90 degree angle. If this doesn't work there is one more place to increase the sound that is on setting 23 accessed by pushing the diagnostic button.

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 06:40:38 PM »
There is no molex plug for the tray to fit into, like the ones on a S2000. As far as setting 23, is that also in the menu settngs from the self test button on the main game or are you talking about the self test button in the top box? Also, what is the sensitivity pot used for in the top box?

Thanks,

David

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 06:55:09 PM »
If I'm not mistaken your MPU in the top box is what he's referring to. Can you post a couple pictures of the inside of your top box for us. I would suspect whether it's an MPU4 or MPU5 might make a difference

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 07:06:05 PM »
MPU4, here are some pics:

Offline dale

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • dale New User barely matters.dale New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 07:09:10 PM »
Doesn't your tray have a speaker in it? It is very similar to the S2000 and should have a molex to drop into. It should be in just about the same place as the s2000. That's where you get sound from on the Barcrest as there are no other speakers anywhere else.
 Mine was an MPU4 and has the white game frame that plugs into the MPU on top.
There is another pot in that white box on the very bottom right hand side.
You access the 23 by pushing the diagnostic button, it will flash between the 2 and the 3.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal