New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ RED,WHITE,& BLUE lost LED,s and tilt  (Read 25320 times)

Offline jim k-falls

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jim k-falls New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ RED,WHITE,& BLUE lost LED,s and tilt
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 01:18:02 PM »
Ok, that makes sense..i did take the pins out of the molex holder and clean, and cleaned the post(male pins)..I will check all the trace and see if I can spot the problem..my 6 wire cord doesn't look like the one in the pic buzz has, in fact none of the wires go to that 12 pin molex..ill take a pic of these when I get all the zip ties off
Better late than Pregnant

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 01:30:03 PM »
my wiring on the 6 pin goes like this..gr #1 towards the back -middle rear trans..gr #2 -8amp fuse  blu#3 -middle fr.trans  Brn/blu#4- bttm fr trans  or/gr#5 - 24 amp fuse  or #6 - bttm rear trans.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 02:10:27 PM »
Here is a manual you may not have.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 02:18:06 PM »
Thank you, I checked continuity between the 6 pins and #1 and 2 good and all the others checked out fine acroos the board..so im gong to solder now and get rid of this plug for good..i will post the results in a while..Jim

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 03:07:47 PM »
Soldering went well, but no change on the game..do I need to buy a set chip? I don't want to clear it if its not necessary, but im a rookie on these and will do whatever it takes..im keeping this machine so my dad can play it..hes having a hard time with my old e/m handles, .thanks guys

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 03:27:10 PM »
Does it have a bill validator?

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2014, 03:40:07 PM »
No, just coin

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2014, 05:21:05 PM »
Listen! just to put your mind at ease here are the wire colors and their functions.the transformer has a primary winding and a secondary winding,the input goes to the primary, pin1-2-3, 1=common/white/red,2=115vac/black/red, 3=220vac/black/violet. the secondary winding drop's down the voltages, pins 4-5-6,  4=12vac/orange/black,5=0vac/green,6= 12vac/orange.  pins 7-8-9, 7=0vac, 8=,7vac/blue, 9=8vac/brown/blue.

these wires go to J8 on the motherboard,they are marked on the board 1 is on the right and 6 is on the left. 1=7/8vac common/green, 2=7/8vaccommon/green, 3=7vac hot/blue, 4= 8vac hot brown/blue, 5= 24vac hot/orange/green, 6= 24vac common/ orange.

the reason I asked you to check three things; 1, if the reels are stiff, the 24vac is getting to the cpu board, it provides voltages that hold the reels in place. 2,  the denom lamp is on all the time, as soon as power is applied, that will test the 7vac which powers this lamp. 3, the voltage across the cap C-4 on the LED board, it is +VB which is made from the 8vac.

so now you can see if all three of those tests are good ,your power is probably is good.

hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2014, 05:46:13 PM »
Thanks Jim, this helps and im learning by asking sort of dumb questions at times..lol and here goes another one..what does +VB mean, and on the low volt (secondary side) of transformer when you say 0 vac on pins 5 and 7, to me this means neutral..or common..or can I use the white/red for all my output tests?..

the other Jim

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2014, 05:54:51 PM »
+Vb  is just a term the manuf. gives to a certain voltage in their schematics.

0vac is neutral, return, common, etc.  but common only to that  voltage that is developed by that set of windings.

you cannot mix the primary common with the secondary commons.  in this case, there are two separate secondary  output windings, each with their own common or return.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2014, 06:33:35 PM »
That's what I thought, and now that were on the same page , and I have power and no longer have that 6 pin molex to worry about, what do you suggest I try next? when this all started I had the insert coin light come on briefly and the 25 cent light is always on as is the flourescents..never have seen the cc light come on..and the dip switches are the same way as when the machine came to me..1,2,3,4 on and 5,6,7,8 off..ive read not to clear the machine unless no other options are there..and just so everyone reading this knows, the self test, J.P. reset and LED,s worked briefly also..

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2014, 09:43:03 PM »
The CC light doesn't come on with the door open, sorta reverse of a refrigerator light.

Try reseating all socketed chips on the MPU board.

Run a clear chip.

Check for bent pins on the MPU board connector.

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2014, 09:52:22 PM »
Jim  Just saying, there are two molex plugs on the mother board that will fit in the wrong sockets. If they are switched you will not get a LED display.  ( The other Jim in this thread is the one that taught me that )
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2014, 10:02:05 PM »
Here is a backplane layout attached.

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2014, 10:09:23 PM »
Buzz, I know which one your talking about..it will reach a third place on mine if you stretch it..thank you for that..ive been putting it in the j13 socket..know ill check and see if that's right.

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »
Oops, I meant J14 it wont go in the 13..

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2014, 12:03:29 AM »
J14 is for back lit reels. do your reels light up?

If not it should be empty.

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2014, 12:18:28 AM »
J14 is for back lit reels. do your reels light up?

If not it should be empty.

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!  When is the last time you saw backlit reels on a S+  ?????????????
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2014, 12:27:17 AM »
According to the back plane schematic it was a option.

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2014, 12:33:54 AM »
Mine sure don't, and it was in the wrong socket..i followed the wires up to the meters and put it in J5..it was in J14 and it didn't seem to change anything, but ill bet my meters will work now..lol

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal