New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Service Light Button  (Read 7496 times)

Offline Andys35

• Andy
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Andys35 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ Service Light Button
« on: May 13, 2014, 09:35:41 PM »
Hi all.

I ve Igt S+ slot with every buttons are running except service button. Actually when i am pressing the service button the candle starting on or off at the top. But i am not seeing any light below the button. I change the bulb and put new one same result. Then i check the cables and i noticed that all the other button sockets have 3 cables but only this one with 2 cable. I try to finf it 3rd one thought it might be drop to somewhere but nothing anywhere.

Do you have any suggest for me ?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:33:44 AM by Ron (r273) »
Pilot, Hyperactive, Photographer, Slot Machine Addict, Sometimes Father Sometimes Brother For One And Only His Son :)

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
Re: IGT S+ Service Light Button
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 09:58:48 PM »
Most if not all S+ did not have the wiring to turn on the lamp in the button when you activated the switch there is provision in the drawings for it but I think it was left out of the production harnesses
FYI the other switches have 4 wires but 2 are common to each switch
One being a ground wire Green and the Blue is the 6-8V for the lamps, can't remember if the lamp voltage is AC or DC though.

There is a S and S+ book on Rudy's that is a great help (free download) that can explain a lot of S+ operation to you.
It is in the Best Sellers on the left side of that web site

www.rudydeals.com

It is a pinkish to purple color cover.

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 02:06:59 PM »
S+ slant tops had the button light up when you'd press it.  S+ uprights did not have wiring going to the button, and as such the button doesn't light up.  It probably saved them $0.13 when making each machine.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Andys35

• Andy
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 02:43:28 PM »
Hi Knagl.

You are the man. What a amazing explanation. belive me i was thinking the same way like you :) For a 0.15 cent wow. And after 20 years later one of hyperactive slot addict trying to find a solution for that 0.15 cent cable.

Thanks my friend .
Pilot, Hyperactive, Photographer, Slot Machine Addict, Sometimes Father Sometimes Brother For One And Only His Son :)

Offline Andys35

• Andy
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 03:47:38 PM »
I ve got one more question. There is something funny in here :)

I bought some led Bulps from Suzo Happ. I put it one white led in cash out button and its really shiny and really good. Then i replace the bet one button with the same white led bulb but there is no running light. Then i remove both of them and changed to another ones the first one cash out it shiny but bet one button no lamp running. I decide to try one more thing . I change that white led bulp my another red led which i bought it same place its shiny on cash out but nothing on bet one running.

I ve another bulps from somewhere which you can see on the attached picture they are running inside the bet one button but its really low light.

Do you guys have any idea about this ?

I am looking really bright white , red, green bulps like the one i found it on suzo happ. Anyone using this kind of led bulps?

At the final i also bought some liitle led bulps for the insert coin or coin accepted section but these are so low light effects too. Need idea for this one too.

Do you suggest some bright led light bulp for reel and play max button ?

Thanks.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 07:50:34 PM »
Many LED bulbs are polarity-specific.  If it doesn't light up when it should be on, take the bulb out of the socket and rotate it 180 degrees (half a turn), then put it back in.

As far as colors go, to each their own -- if you like the look of the colored LEDs, go for it.  There are some good threads on the old site (http://newlifegames.net/ ) where some folks used colored LEDs to make a neat looking button deck.  You might want to buy some new, bright white, button inserts (the legends that say "BET 1", "SPIN REELS", etc.).  The older inserts tended to turn yellowish-brown over time, and might not look as good with colored LEDs as brand new inserts would look.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 07:15:16 AM »
Your big white leds are 12 volt, the S+ requires 6.3 volt bulbs.  The ones in the bags say 6 volts which are correct, that is probably why your red bulb works, but the white one doesn't, it's 12 volts.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 05:42:56 PM »
Your big white leds are 12 volt, the S+ requires 6.3 volt bulbs.  The ones in the bags say 6 volts which are correct, that is probably why your red bulb works, but the white one doesn't, it's 12 volts.

Good catch, Rick.   :yes:

Offline Andys35

• Andy
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 07:09:40 PM »
Thanks guys butttt, those are different ones that inalso tried. i ve both the same red and white.

In cash button these white and red is working.

In the bet one button both of red and white is not working.

But if i try the other 12v its kind a working but so low white light seeing.

Still didnt find it why. But i order new set of buttons. I hope i will get it tomorrow and plug in and let you guys know the result.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 07:40:59 PM »
Did you try twisting them around, the LEDs only light up in one direction.  Also I would remove the switch from one button that works and replace it with the  one that doesn't work to eliminate potential harness issues.  If the known working button doesn't work in the new position, there's an issue with your harness.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 05:39:03 AM »
I think he asked about the coin accepted lights also. I remember someone posting about those socket having a problem with LED. Something about the wires on the LED had to be cut or something.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 10:45:56 AM »
I think he asked about the coin accepted lights also. I remember someone posting about those socket having a problem with LED. Something about the wires on the LED had to be cut or something.

Jim, I remember as well. It was Buzz who clued us in on it. Well, i just had LED 101 with my husband Darrell and have a basic understanding of how to use them now...without blowing them.  :yes:

The LED bulbs have wires coming down from the lense on both sides. The wires come down and at the base, they bend back up towards the lense (creating 4 bare wires now, as each single wire is doubled back). If the bulbs are installed with the "bend" still left in them , they will FRY! The 4 contact points are the cause.

The solution is to straighten the wire out and snip it off at the bottom of the base. Now they are not long enough to bend back up, and now, with only 2 contact points/bare wires, they install as normal and work great!

Roz
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:49:19 AM by CVslots »
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Andys35

• Andy
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 11:21:08 AM »
Guys its so strange. If i put 259 bulp in to one bet button it is working. But if i put the 5V leds its not working :)

Then i put 12V led in it there is so little light coming out thats it.

I am totally scrambled and sitting front of buttons and laughing :)

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 11:35:08 AM »
Like they said Andy, the 12 volt will barely light because they are only getting about 6 volts. Have you tried flipping the LED over in the socket? Some of them only have connectors on 1 side, if it doesn't work 1 way try the other. Some are directional + on one end and - on the other. Regular bulbs don't matter but some LED's have to go + to + and - to -
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 12:04:32 PM by therockinelvis »

the rockin elvis

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 11:51:07 AM »
I just revised my post to explain how to snip the wires so that they no longer blow. Hopefully, this helps someone someday.  :propeller:

Roz
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 12:06:32 PM »
Great explanation Roz. I have never messed with them, but I remembered reading about it.

the rockin elvis

Offline Andys35

• Andy
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 02:56:39 PM »
Hi all.

Result is positive. As you all know i was waiting my button set from Worlwide Gaming. I received my package today. I remove every button with fully detail, plug out and plug in the same.

Everythings is working great and shiny. Just want to share with you.

Thanks for helping me again one more topic.

Offline Andys35

• Andy
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 03:01:21 PM »
Dear Foster you were right. Every button has 4 cable connected except service one. If i will find the easy solution to run that one i will really happy.

Thanks again.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 04:45:09 AM »
Am I to guess that there are special LED sockets? I do know that Worldwide sells at 4 times the normal value. Kinda like Happs mystery shipping. Glad your happy Andy, just don't understand why the sockets let the 259 work but not the led.

the rockin elvis

Offline Andys35

• Andy
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 10:28:55 AM »
Hi .

I find really bright C555 bulbs inside this new sockets. All of older sockets with 259 bulb.

On the left side old one.

Thanks.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal