New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: igt s+ code 41  (Read 14850 times)

Offline slotmandave

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • slotmandave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
igt s+ code 41
« on: May 25, 2014, 05:58:23 PM »
Any idea's on how to clear a code 41 on a s+ slot?  Thanks

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: igt s+ code 41
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 06:09:28 PM »
Open and close the main door.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 06:30:22 PM »
tried open and closeing door, same thing code 41? I took the second reel and switched it with the first reel also same thing code 41, don't know what to try next

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 07:24:32 PM »
If you have a spare MPU I would try that.  Since the error is following the reel position and not the reel, it could be a blown reel driver in the mpu.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Buzz

• Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 08:39:51 PM »
Rick Just thinking, did the first 41 ever clear ??   :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:

Dave When you close the main door are you getting the latch all the way down ??  Try closing the door again but this time watch the digital display and see if it blinks off and back on.

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 05:01:10 AM »
I am sure I closed the door all the way and latch is down, the reels spin very slow when I put the game on, it still comes up with a 41 code , should I try using a clear chip ?

Offline Buzz

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 05:44:09 AM »
Please don't.  If reels are spinning slow, open the main door then turn the jackpot key one time. The reels should now have stopped, close the door and see if the 41 cleared.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 01:50:12 PM »
Try closing the door again but this time watch the digital display and see if it blinks off and back on.

:agreepost:

This.  Please tell us if the displays turn off for a second and then come back on when you close and latch the door.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 01:47:58 PM »
Yes the displays go off and come on, I tried another board out of a working machine and it comes up with a code 65 and can't get it out of that ,then tried the original board back and it came up with a code 61 and can't change that ? the reset key on the side works as does the test button inside but won't come out of those two codes ????

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 02:10:54 PM »
Clear it and try again.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 02:12:23 PM »

Ok, so optics are working. the flash of the display indicates the machine is sensing the door is closed. Was the error just a 65? And have you tried the problem board in the working machine?

At the 61, push and hold the white test button for 2-3 seconds. This should advance you to a 61-1, at which time you would close the door and turn the JP reset key. Do NOT turn the JP reset key with a 61.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 05:01:40 PM »
A list of common IGT S+ errors (and the steps to take to resolve the errors) can be found here:

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
Re: igt s+ code 41 HELP
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 01:03:27 PM »
OK now I am ready to buy two new boards, I tried to reset both boards with a clear chip but they won't even do that? When I but the boards in a working game one comes up with a 65 0 and stays at that , the other comes up with a 61 then I can get it to a 61 1 then goes to the 65 0 ? From the reference sheet with the codes  it that says to replace EEPROM with a blank one ?? What is a EEPROM?

And like I said I tried another working board in the broken game and it comes up with a 65?   any ideas?  Should I but two boards? But if I do I am afraid they might go bad also?

Lost in s+ world, Dave

Offline Buzz

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 02:24:55 PM »
I'll just about bet the farm you don't need a new board. Slot tech   :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:  board no. Your only a few turns of a key and a few pressing of a test button from having this machine working. I don't agree when you was told to clear this machine, but the damage has been done so I would clear it one more time and follow the clear/ set instructions I attached. Follow those instructions to the letter and you should be good to go.

No one addresses this but this all started with a 41 error, and as I recall you switched reels  #1 & #2 and still had a 41 when the machine booted up. Make sure there is nothing rubbing the #1 reel basket, most times it will be a wire hanging down from the reel light fixture.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=516.0
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=17334.0

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 02:38:18 PM »
Well I tried to clear both boards but they won't clear with the clear chip? Maybe the clear chip is bad? When I put the clear chip in one board it goes to 61 then I press the reset it goes to 61 1 then close the door turn key  and it goes to 65 0 and that it?
On the other board when I put the clear chip in it goes right to 65 0 and can't go on. Keeping in mind this is a working machine I try the boards in not the one I have trouble with?

Offline Buzz

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 04:06:27 PM »
Dave If it's not clearing exactly like the page one of the instructions I attached were waisting our time. Are you sure it's the GAME chip your replacing with the clear chip ?? I ask because with the clear chip in the correct socket, you press the test button and all your going to see is the numbers counting up. Numbers will stop one time and then start again, when they get to I think all 9s it will stop again and the clear is done. With the clear done, replace the clear chip with the GAME chip ( we can do the set later ).Power on and now you will see the 61. Press test button for 3 seconds, 61 changes to 61-1 close door and turn key one time.

After thought, you are installing the clear chip with the notch in the correct direction ???  NO bent legs on the chip ??? Game chip and not Reel chip ??

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 05:52:51 PM »
Hi, I am sure I put the clear chip in the right way on both boards, I have done this several times in the past on other machines  and like you say the numbers would start counting but no go this time? I wondering if the chip is bad? Like I said I end up with a code 65 0
What bothers me is that when I put a working board in the broken machine it doesn't play or start. Also why can't I clear the boards?
Again this started with a code 41 which now doesn't come up at all? Is there a trick to get rid of 65 0?
Do you think I should try a new clear chip?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 06:15:24 PM »
A 65 can also point to a EEPROM that reads different than what is expected.

This usually happens after a clear chip is ran.

You have to press the test button for a 65-1, if you get a 65-3 turn the key switch to get a 65-1 then open the door and press the test switch.

It could be a bad EEPROM, I have had to replace about 4 in 8 years.

But I doubt it is the EEPROM.

But unless you clear the 65 codes also, with the test button and key switch (read the instructions)
the machine will remain in a non working condition.

The EEPROM is the small 8 pin chip on one end of the backplane board, the board the MPU plugs into.

I agree with the above, you are doing something wrong with your clear chip, if you don't get a count up to 999
then your chip is bad or you put it in backwards and ruined it or you are putting it into the wrong socket, It must go where the SP chip is plugged in.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »
OK, I am sure I put the clear chip in right , so it must be a bad clear chip (it worked in the past)  I am also thinking now it is not the EEPROM because I tried clearing the boards in a working machine as this machine play's fine with its own board but not with these two boards. I can't get rid of the 65 0 .  I just bought another clear chip on ebay so I guess I will have to wait till that comes in unless someone can come up with another idea. I thank you for you help but this is a tough one with no easy fix?

Thanks Dave

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 07:13:13 PM »
Which board are you using, 10mhz or 16mhz? And which chips? Some chips won't work with some boards

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal