New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ 61-1 CODE  (Read 6593 times)

Offline Bassman2277

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bassman2277 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ 61-1 CODE
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2018, 07:39:00 PM »
Under stood this is my first machine and I'm learning quite a bit.

thanks
Randy

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2018, 01:36:31 PM »
I have been waiting for the set chip as I was advised to perform this task.

So after doing the set chip counts up to 254 first time and 999 second time, I powered down reinstalled the game chip and same think gets to 61-1.

I have also installed the optics for the door.

I also pulled the CMOS chip and reinstall.

I have lost the candle on to that wass flashing and the sound is not dinging.( durning the set chip it did make sound.

I performed the reset twice.

Looking for more help.

Thanks in advance.

Randy

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2018, 01:52:33 PM »
I had the exact same today, stuck 61-1, shutting door and turning reset key would not clear it.  I found the green wire w/blue in right rear of cabinet behind reel number 3.  I stripped the wire and grounded it to the cabinet.  The 61-1 cleared!
Have you tried this??
Bob

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2018, 02:04:02 PM »
Bob

Just tried it no luck.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2018, 02:24:39 PM »
Did you get the door optics reinstalled correctly to the normal factory method? Have you tried the CLEAR ram process using a Clear chip?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2018, 02:29:55 PM »
Yes they are installed in the normal mounting positions I have checked the alinement with tape on the door and the cabinet the aline perfect.  I can't tell how far apart the are maybe 1/4" at the most.

Randy

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2018, 02:33:29 PM »
since you have a meter, lets try two easy items to eliminate them from suspicion!  no power on the machine for these tests,   first, the jackpot reset switch (key operated switch on the side where the handle is mounted)  should have two wires on it ,  one solid green and one yellow and green, you should be able  to set your meter for ohms, r x 1 scale, touch two leads together, make sure you get a reading of zero ohms, this tests your meter. now place one probe on the solid green wire, and the other on any metal chassis, you should read zero ohms. this is checking that the wire is actually at ground potential.  now carefully remove the yellow and green wire, put one probe on that tab and the other to the metal chassis, turn the key and you should get zero ohms, we now have checked the switch for operation, next we want to check the ground at the cabinet optic connector, dis connect the optic, put the meter probe into the green/blue wire (would connect to the white wire when the optic was connected) the other probe to any metal chassis,   you should read zero ohms.  if both of these pass their tests, then the only item I can think of that is causing the problem would be the e-squared chip on the motherboard is defective.

you can send both to me to be tested, if the motherboard is bad I can repair it as well, or you can try it yourself, remove the chip, I recommend soldering a 8 pin socket to the motherboard first, then in the future you would only have to pop in a new chip, without removing the board itself.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2018, 02:49:44 PM »
Jim

All reds good however I found 2 things.

1) I had the optics backwards ( my bad)

2) the white wire is broken off the emitter so I will be ordering another.  ( if they marked them or had keyed them so they weren't interchangabe would have been nice).

So I will let you know after I get another set of optics.

Thanks

Randy

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2018, 02:53:29 PM »
I sell those.

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2018, 03:48:15 PM »
Jim
All reds good however I found 2 things.
1) I had the optics backwards ( my bad)
2) the white wire is broken off the emitter so I will be ordering another.  ( if they marked them or had keyed them so they weren't interchangabe would have been nice).
So I will let you know after I get another set of optics.
Thanks
Randy

As knagl said back in an earlier post it is possible to install the door optics opposite of what they should be, so attention is needed to the color of the wires on the optic parts. The optic part with the black wire goes on the door.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=19359.msg102223#msg102223

Beware that the optic emitter and optic receiver stupidly have the exact same size connectors on them, so it's possible to accidentally install them in reverse.  The emitter has red and black wiring, and should be installed on the portion of the door that swings open.  The receiver has a slightly more domed appearance to the part, and has red and white wires, and gets installed on the inside of the cabinet and does not move when the door is opened.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2018, 08:46:36 PM »
With a lot of help from Jim and others I finally have the machine working.
I have to work on the B.V. as its not accepting any bills and its pays out when you win.

There than that its a success

Thanks to all
Randy

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2018, 09:53:37 AM »
This morning I ran the BV set chip and it took the bill and gave me my coins, will go in to set up and change to credits.  the machine is working now.

:hail:  thank you all for the help.

Randy

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal