New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help with my BV wiring  (Read 1106 times)

Offline alrolon800

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • alrolon800 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help with my BV wiring
« on: March 21, 2018, 07:43:58 AM »
While taking apart BV i found the two way switch that tells if the cash can-Bill storage dump is sitting properly and in place. I thought to myself if this is not in place BV would not turn on at all due to possible jamming of the currency I traced wires back and found these three wires flat male push in's red, white and black wrapped around the molex plug for the BV I guess to keep them out of the way.
  Now can somebody help me and tell me where they go. I tested the switch and it toggles correctly. Am I missing some harness or is it hidden somewhere on the BV mounting bracket. Thanks for any help.  Picture will not attach because file is too big from my phone. Thanks, Al

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: Help with my BV wiring
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 07:54:02 AM »
I think to properly diagnose your problem you need to somehow post a picture for us to see what might me missing

Offline alrolon800

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 07:56:16 AM »
here is a pic of loose wires that go directly to the bill canister switch

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 08:33:15 AM »
those wires are typically on all Mei plugs, I have never seen them plugged into anything, I'm sure they are used for something, but on the S+ and S-2000 machines I have seen, they are never connected.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline alrolon800

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 09:01:11 AM »
Quite possible but then how would you know the bill collector (removable cash can) is in place. I can reach my hand in there and push the switch and hear it click.  took those wires and tested with meter. switch works but is not connected to any thing right now. I even tested pushing can in and out. switch works. maybe that's why BV doesn't whirr when I turn machine on and front lights are out?? (tested good)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 09:13:13 AM »
quite simply, when the cash can is inserted into the opening and slid all the way back into its resting place, it interacts with a plastic probe mounted on a pivot point, when the cash can hits the probe it pivots the top of it into the rear of the transport unit, the top part of the probe blocks a set of optics thereby telling the transport unit that the cash can is in place.

the plastic pivot point breaks on these all the time, some tech's say are not that user friendly when they change out cash cans.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline alrolon800

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 09:22:24 AM »
I saw that,  which means no need for that switch. used to have a checker for the optics so maybe optics are bad. they are on a small board in the back.  can I jumper it just for testing purposes. plastic arm blocks pathway nicely and moves out when bv is slid in

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal