New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ with DBV-200 Not working  (Read 1442 times)

Offline defiantdadeo

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • defiantdadeo New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ with DBV-200 Not working
« on: March 22, 2018, 04:42:28 PM »
I recently got an older S+ machine (SP1272) I have gotten everything else working but the BV, and I am stumped. It has a DBV-200 there is also a sticker on it that says "ID022/023  V 2.60-04-03" The lights don't come on the BV at all. When the machine is turned on the BV sounds like it is going through some tests, but it doesn't run long. Sounds like it only does about half of what I have heard in the videos I have watched. It won't even attempt to take a bill when I try to insert one. I can see 3 little leds on the left side of the BV and the two closest to the front of the machine are lit up red. Any helps or ideas of things to try would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: S+ with DBV-200 Not working
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 04:47:14 PM »
The first thing to check is that the BV is enabled. Open the door and press the white TEST button until step 9 comes up. It should be set to 9-1. You can use the document for your SP chip (from your other discussion thread) to see how this is done.
If the setting is 9-0 that's your problem.

Also your machine requires that the denomination is set to some value other than zero, otherwise the bv won't work.

Your game also has a credit limit and a bill acceptor credit limit, both need to be set correctly or the bv won't accept bills.

See your SP chip's document for all of this.

It's also possible that your bv is defective, but I'd check the stuff mentioned above first unless you have another known-good DBV-200 you can try in this machine. It's best to use only a $1 bill when troubleshooting a bv problem. This is to rule out having a bv with old internal software that doesn't work with the newer US bills. The $1 bill wasn't affected by the US mint design changes to our paper money.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 05:09:47 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline defiantdadeo

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 05:30:06 PM »
It is set to 9-1. I set the credit limit and bill acceptor li.it according to the document. How do i check the denomination?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 05:44:22 PM »
How do i check the denomination?

Not sure if they are the same but on sp1271 press white button until you get a 6 in coins played. Denom will be in credit window.

Offline defiantdadeo

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 06:13:51 PM »
Here are the pictures of what I found digging around in the back of the machine. The wires that are disconnected say j4 to bill acceptor sw, the ones connected to the switch on the back of the cash box says to main door switch. Tried connecting the 2 wires to switch did nothing. Maybe i did it wrong? The denomination is also set.

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 04:44:26 AM »
Try moving only the one wire from NC to the NO and see if it works.

Offline defiantdadeo

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 07:06:10 AM »
Fixed it lastnight. Tore the whole transport and head apart to clean all the optics. Found a crumpled tore up bill jammed all yhe way in the back. It was impossible to see or get out until I had the whole thing tore apart. Thanks for all your help!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 09:28:11 AM »

Was it a Franklin (hopefully), or just a Washington that was causing the problem?   :garfield:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline defiantdadeo

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 09:30:53 AM »
Just a really old wore out Washington :(

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 09:45:37 AM »
Hopefully there was enough left of the bill to make it good to use still?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline defiantdadeo

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 11:44:12 AM »
Yes, it is going to. Be used, just not in this machine.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal