New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Dbl Diamond DLX S+ features in S-Slot config, seems haywire  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Dian

• Double Diamond Deluxe, love that nudge!
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dian Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
I'm new, just got my first machine, been reading for 4 days, cannot resolve this, help!  The seller thought the coin thing was broken, but reported the machine was working fine until that went hinky. Thanks to this site and YouTube, I fixed the coin issue, it just needed a clean coin in the comparator. Holy cow, I got the best deal ever, change back from $200

1986 Double Diamond Deluxe wide body w/ 16 in glass
3 quarter, No BV.
Right side players display, not across the bottom middle like an s2000
LEFT side upper corner box with two fuses and the white test button - like the "M" or S Slot
It behaves like a game type 5 (nudges) and has the proper reel strips in ABA config.
It also acts like it wants to go Haywire in the game type 2 sense-
   -but then it goes spaz, leaves game mode, shows 13 on the left 2 digit-points in the Winners, blank in Credits and blank in Coins

It all worked the first night, the only prob I saw was the far right reel (labeled #1) was off the line a bit. I went all OCD on it and tried to reach in and adjust the lineup.
I ended up hinking it enough that it was paying out as if that reel showed a cherry when it hadnt. So I rolled it to the cherry and closed it. Sometimes it would pay a double cherry so I'd spin the reel to match the payout, [Cherry] [Bar] [DoubleDiamond]

Right now I cannot get it back into game mode or idle mode, although I have sometimes gotten it to do it if I leave it unplugged for an hour or more, then turn it on. It will play 2 games, then revert to the 13 thing. If I hit the white test button, it shows 1128 (wins)  1641 (credits) Blank (Coins)

Hitting the white test button is not engaging the Spin button light or activating the pull arm. I can use the Bet One Coin to advance the player display, but it goes like this:
0000,0000,blank
  111,blank, blank
0000,0000,blank
  222,blank, blank
0000,0000,blank
  333,blank, blank and on up

Another time I can advance the coins played in same way using the Bet One Coin button, but not the Spin.  It'll go 1,2,3,4,5,6, Skip 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15

I suspect that is in some setting mode, skipping 7 because I don't have a BV enabled.

I'm sorry I cannot remember which thing I did when to trigger that sequence. I just know that never, ever have I run up on a usual error codes, no 12, 3300, 3100, reels 41-45, 49, you get the drift. I had the error code list before I brought home the machine because I was expecting to need it, so I had been watching for those.   I have a bunch of pics of the innards to help with identification. I hate to make this post so long, but also hesitate to make a new thread for the pics.
My VCR doesn't flash 12:00. What modern Grandma still has a VCR?

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Dbl Diamond DLX S+ features in S-Slot config, seems haywire
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 05:24:30 PM »
Welcome to NLG. Okay if that is an S+ it's different than any I've seen. That being said, with the nudge factor it cannot be an S machine. But it's so different that I wonder if it is a special made or possibly an IGT made for foreign use? Can you shoot a pic of the door closed? I'd like to see everything on it a little closer. Can you remove the MPU and take a picture of it too? This is certainly different than most of our S+ machines. The power switch reminds me of an S2000 with it and the test switch in a different place.  I wonder if it is for a different market.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Dian

• Dian Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 06:30:02 PM »
I just sent you a pm about how I can't get the board out. Didn't see you'd replied here already.

So yes, I do believe it was made for a non-us market, I know one of the items in there states so. I'll go look for it and post back.
 Here is a pic of the board I can't remove.  I unscrewed the box in the middle, which freed the plate to rock back a bit. Unhooked 2 top and 1 right side connections, but that *whatever* on the left corner is still connected and making me crazy.  I won't really know chip stuff until I can get this board out. :: whine :::

Pics of front coming next post.  I need to note that all the usual plates with part numbers and all the papers I see in others pics are peeled off. I'd think maybe cruise ship, but this measures wide-body, not narrow.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 07:46:52 PM »
Based on the date listed (1986) and the cables going down to the mpu board area I'm going to guess this is some variation of a straight "S" machine, not an S+. But my batting avg is about like the Cubs these days, so I'll expect to be proven wrong.   :garfield:

More photos will help a lot. 

If you can get the machine to display it's SP and SS chip numbers that should prove something until you are able to remove the mpu. Here is the process:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=2251.msg11326#msg11326
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Dian

• Dian Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 08:32:39 PM »
Thanks for helping Shaggy, here are the board pics. The whole board came up and out, with that brownish thing.. nothing was connecting it to anything.
On the board, that thing says PF4 905
Something that connects the power cord to the outside says "Made in Barbados".  (pic 1)
The coin comparator was made in New South Wales. Company is out of biz, can't find out much about that part.
The serial number on the inset board  (is that the MPU?)  actually matches the readout on my player display.  #11281641--->  1128 [Winners] 1641 [Credits]  (pic 3)
Scratched onto the big board it says IGT 000324.

I can see I have a rusty battery that needs replacing soon.. Varta 3.6v 60 mAh NiCad, but I can put the board back in now that I have pics of everything with an identifier on it.  Will fire her back up and document the behavior.

Anything in these pics tell you if I have a SS and SP combo or something singular that handles upgrade like that second version of the s2000?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 08:53:31 PM »
.....Something that connects the power cord to the outside says "Made in Barbados".  (pic 1).....

That "Made in Barbados" part is likely the a/c power input line filter. It is just for "conditioning" or cleaning-up the a/c power in case of transients or noise. If it is bad you can bypass it.

Since this is an overseas machine have you checked the main power transformer/power supply wiring to see if it is setup for 220 volt operation? (although that is likely ok since it is powing up ok).

Are you in a location outside USA? Where did you get the machine from?

If you are pressing the white TEST button and getting it to display the SP & SS chip numbers then the good news is that indicates it is an S+. But your SP1128 is an unknown SP chip for us:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=303.msg847#msg847

And I can't find anything on an "SS1641" if that is what you have. Hopefully someone has more information.

I'd think about getting that leaking Varta battery off the mpu board, you can solder in a new 3.6 volt battery with pigtails. If that oddball mpu boards gets damaged by battery leakage you probably won't find another one like it.

Please post a photo showing the entire front of the machine and the idplate that is mounted on the pull-handle side of the machine, thanks! If there is no motherboard mounted horizontally on the bottom floor of the machine that the mpu board plugs into then this machine might be some kind of a hybrid, where they took an S machine and adapted the mpu to act like an S+ mpu. just a thought..... 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:41:55 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Dian

• Dian Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 03:15:06 AM »
While putting the MPU / motherboard combo back in, I found hopper tossings in the back. 4 US quarters, and one Australian "Elizabeth II Australia 1983" on front, something "10" on back. Very cool, it solves the mystery to some extent.  I bought it from a senior selling it for his mother in law's estate in Kentucky. Family has been living in the area since he was in the service in the 70's, but I don't know how long his MIL had the machine or where she sourced it.  I'll ask him if he knows where she got it. At least we know it was used in Australia at one time. Pretty nifty.

Rokgpsman, good thing the Barbados part is auxilliary, I'm glad to hear I probably won't need to find a backup. I'll order a battery right away.
Here are some pics of the coin and 1 payout since I put it back together. It's running!  This pic shows how the far right reel is still hinky, the payout was for a Double-Double-7, but the human visual showed dbl-dbl-bar. More details tomorrow, I'm going to sleep - I have slot-repair eye! 

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 07:13:46 AM »
It looks like a regular old S+ machine from the front. It's not an S, it wouldn't play DDD. Is it possible that your right hand strip is in the wrong location? If it's out of the notches, it could slip and line up incorrectly. Try checking that reel for the strip being out of the notches. Also depending on where it came from, the reel may be modified or a bit different causing the strip to be in the wrong spot.
Sometimes military machines and such have chips that are differently numbered than the regular market. It looks like as it sets now if you could line up that strip, the machine is working correctly. It's a nice looking machine and DDD is one of my favorites.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Dian

• Dian Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 09:30:49 AM »
Sorry I hadn't returned. While I was dinking with machine, Windows update took over my pc, shut it down, and now it won't reboot. Took a day to get my password manager installed on tablet just to post back here.
 It is probably an ill-timed dead battery since everything is dead, not just windows. Since every file in my life is there, pc jumps to the front of the line. I'll be back as soon as that is up and running!
I did check all 3 reel strips and re-seat them to notches. Also tried placing each reel in different positions. Ended up putting them back as they were because at least that way it was only the 3rd reel that was hinked up. That reel is definitely wrong for this, we have ABA but that isn't working. Does anyone have the correct reel part numbers for Dbl Diam Dlx?
858 954 00
858 955 00
858 954 00  <---- nope!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 09:34:12 AM »
those are the correct strips

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 09:42:24 AM »
Look and see what the part number is on the base of the 3rd reel.  It may have a slant top(console style) base where the payline is on top instead of front of machine.  p/n 66002800 will not line up.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 10:08:38 AM »
Look and see what the part number is on the base of the 3rd reel.  It may have a slant top(console style) base where the payline is on top instead of front of machine.  p/n 66002800 will not line up.

Would reel #3 have an adjustment screw so you can move how the reel mounts to the base so it will line up properly for an upright or for a slant top? I know some of the WMS reel bases have this.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 10:22:37 AM »
Not that I can see.  It might have correct base but the basket might be turned 180 degress backward is another possibility.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 10:26:30 AM »
..... That reel is definitely wrong for this, we have ABA but that isn't working. Does anyone have the correct reel part numbers for Dbl Diam Dlx?
858 954 00
858 955 00
858 954 00  <---- nope!

Looks like the correct part numbers for DDD strips. But keep in mind your machine's reel chip is not one we have information on, so it may have some differences from the "normal" DDD. Does the award glass on your machine match what is shown in the IGT S+ Bible listings for 3 coin DDD?

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%203CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Double%20Diamond%20Deluxe%20(3%20Coin%20Multip.htm
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:43:03 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 11:01:17 AM »
Yes, posted pic of award glass matches normal DDD.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 11:10:43 AM »
dang - I forgot he posted a photo of the front of the machine.   :duh:

The mpu board in this machine is unlike any S+ mpu board, as far as I know. It doesn't plug into a motherboard in the machine like the normal S+ mpu. And it's 2 large connectors have cable adapters added and connects the mpu to 2 large wiring harnesses, similar to an "S" machine, not an S+. I wondering if someone could have taken an mpu board for a "S" machine, added that small piggy-back board to plug in to the socket on the "S" mpu where the RS chip normally goes. Then the piggy-back board adds the 2 chips needed in an S+ (Reel and Program chips), and put the S+ DDD software into the piggy-back board chips? This is an interesting machine.

Maybe we can get the p/n of the mpu board, see if that matches anything we know about.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:29:52 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 11:30:47 PM »
Even before you posted about the Australian coin, I was thinking it might be an Australian machine.  Unfortunately, I really don't know much about them at all -- I feel like someone else posted a picture of a similar machine here once before, but no idea where that post was or if we were able to help.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Dian

• Dian Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 11:15:02 PM »

The part number on the bases is 660 016 00, and the reel hoops say 660 015 00 B  (all 3)

Someone else asked if there is an adjustment screw, I can't  see the post to quote it, sorry. I looked, no screw, and nothing that looks like the picture there.   Are we having fun yet?
 :drool04:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 01:29:39 AM »
In the TEST menu I think there is a step that will let you put the reels to each position, in sequence. The symbols should line up properly on the payline during this test. It sounds like you have the correct reel strips for DDD and you have them in the correct order in the machine (ABA). So if you are sure that reel #3 strip is properly placed on the reel, beginning at the start position notches, then maybe something odd is going on that hasn't been considered yet. Can the reel #3 "wheel/hoop" be removed from the stepper motor shaft and remounted to it in a different way? I think everyone is running out of ideas on the problem, you can try posting some photos of reel #3 from various angles, someone might see something about it that is wrong or the photos might trigger an idea to try.

.......It all worked the first night, the only prob I saw was the far right reel (labeled #1) was off the line a bit. I went all OCD on it and tried to reach in and adjust the lineup.
I ended up hinking it enough that it was paying out as if that reel showed a cherry when it hadnt.
So I rolled it to the cherry and closed it. Sometimes it would pay a double cherry so I'd spin the reel to match the payout, [Cherry] [Bar] [DoubleDiamond].....

To clarify the problem, the machine works in all aspects except when you get a winning spin the symbol that reel #3 shows on the payline is wrong? In your very first post you said the machine worked ok when you got it, that reel #3 was slightly not lined up with the payline. Does that mean the reels were working correctly when you got the machine, then after doing some things to line up the reels better that's when reel #3 got messed up?

Or do you think the machine was doing this for the previous owner and they never noticed?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 09:18:20 AM »

The part number on the bases is 660 016 00, and the reel hoops say 660 015 00 B  (all 3)

Someone else asked if there is an adjustment screw, I can't  see the post to quote it, sorry. I looked, no screw, and nothing that looks like the picture there.   Are we having fun yet?
 :drool04:
Only thing left to try is rotating 3rd basket 180 degrees.  There is a metal ring you have to remove with a pair of pliers from center of basket, then pull basket off base.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal