New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: s plus 61 code cant clear problem  (Read 10942 times)

Offline trashman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • trashman New User barely matters.trashman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
s plus 61 code cant clear problem
« on: June 08, 2014, 07:09:09 AM »
 hi needless to say,i couldnt get it 61 to clear doing every thing the manual says.so i got a set of clear chips.install game clear chip then instlaled board got oo in both dispalys,when pressing the white button 2 times to get count down. i get nothing just the oo in the display .any help would be appreciate.thanks :Scratch-Head: 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:56:44 AM by trashman »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: s plus 61 code cant clear problem
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 06:29:23 PM »
Check your battery voltage. Also make sure the voltage is reaching your RAM chip, - lead on pin 14 + lead on 28.

Battery voltage must be above 3.3VDC.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 12:35:27 PM »
ok i got 3.46 volts

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 05:25:14 PM »
A fresh battery is about 3.67VDC, you may want to replace it and try the board again.

The old electronics on your board may involve a RAM that needs more voltage to maintain it's data.

After replacing the battery, All Electronics sells 1/2 AA Lithium Ion batteries for $3.50, don't clear the board, just plug it in and turn the machine on.

Keep the door open.

You should see a 61 code, press the white test button, then a 61-1, close the door and turn the jackpot reset key to clear the 61-1.

The game should come up.

Do you have a bill validator?

If so there is a little more to the process. Let me know.

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 02:56:09 PM »
well i put the new battery in.the 61 code is still there and cant clear.even with a clear chip cant get it to count down or go to 61-1.any more ideas thanks

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 06:14:41 PM »
I'll let you know. Got 5 boards into the shop and the last one I need to fix has a constant 61 code that won't clear.

Got the scope out and will try to get it going tomorrow.

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 01:11:24 AM »
ok thanks :Scratch-Head:

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Thegambler327 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 08:15:36 AM »
Make sure that there are no bent pins on the chips. And make sure that all chips are seated all the way. If you had the 61 code before you should be able to get that back up and go from there.

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 08:38:41 AM »
same idea - check for bent pin(s) on the edge connections - and that all the harnesses to the mpu are seated.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 05:51:08 PM »
Ok I got the customers board with the stuck 61 fixed.

It was a strange problem because the test switch worked with a clear chip and a set chip but it would not work when the 61 came up.

To fix this problem I had to replace the main CPU chip. Your problem may not be so severe.

I would suggest completely removing the CPU chip from your board then very carefully plugging it back in.

If that doesn't fix it you may have to replace that chip.

Of course it could be something very different. I had two boards that had a constant 43 code.

On the first board it was the CMOS chip that drove the motor controller chip.

On the second one it was the motor control chip.

Same problem on both boards but different solutions to fix it.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 10:29:18 PM »
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 12:55:02 AM »
i  know i can get a replacement board.but i buy these projects to learn how to fix the games.thats the fun bring them back to life  :CaptainHappy:

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 10:51:15 AM »
im going to send board to jim.i post repairs after he fixes for evryone else thanks everyone for your time !

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 11:44:19 AM »
I have also seen this problem being caused by a bad EEPROM on the backplane board.

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 12:54:57 AM »
i had sent the board over to jim at midwest slots.the board couldnt be repaired.so i cant post repairs sorry.i just got another board from him.well thanks everyone for your time.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 01:05:38 AM »
If Jim considers the board scrap it would be great if he sent it to me, would like to troubleshoot it and see what caused so much bug-a-boo.

Offline Willliam Gandy

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Willliam Gandy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 09:28:53 AM »
have project machine where it won't clear past 61_1.................have swapped out mpu & m/brds one at a time with working machine...................all pieces AOK in working machine............but in project machine hitting j/p reset with door closed will not get past 61_1.............same situation whether I just swap or do ram clear, just won't get past 61_1............project is 3 coin double wild cherry......working is 2 coin 5x........................swapped out working j/p reset switch, no change.................seems like it is wiring or connections somewhere.................like I said, problem stays with machine, but wiring condition looks ok

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 10:39:50 AM »
Check your wires from the JP switch to the motherboard.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Willliam Gandy

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Willliam Gandy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 11:30:24 AM »
check wires how?........visual?......does not appear to be kinks/cuts, etc..................or check with tester at molex connection at m/brd?.........if check with DMM, I would need some guidance, not sure of process/setting, etc..

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »
With machine OFF use continuity tested on both sides of J/P switch. Turn key, should register. I am betting that your door optics are either not working or are out of alignment. If the machine doesn't see the door as being closed it will not reset. you can place a piece of tape on the cabinet side of the door and mark the location of the optic then do the same with the door side. Then close the door and see if the marks line up. Also inspect the wires going to the door optics, sometimes they get caught on something and get broken. If belly glass switch is open or BVD door open also will cause problems. Machine has to see all as ready to play. Hope this helps
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal