New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WBA 13 ss not reading tickets  (Read 3790 times)

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ANIslots New User has no influence.
  • Zarobhr
WBA 13 ss not reading tickets
« on: August 15, 2018, 07:47:13 AM »
background:
    my 3 current machines have WBA 12 ss with 3.75 id024 flash they all work perfectly reading bill and tickets

problem:
  I purchased 3 new to me transports and heads, with 3.83 id024 software, they read bills but not tickets, if i put my exisitng heads in the new transports tickets read fine
if i put the new heads in old transport tickets still wont read

so: is there anything on the head i can check to see why they will not read tickets

note: when they try to read ticket the ticket is fed in and then almost immediately rejected, my backend server is reporting bill rejected at that time, and not the normal ticket inserted message,

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: WBA 13 ss not reading tickets
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 07:51:22 AM »
Sounds like they need calibrated.  I have had problems reading tickets but taking bills fine before and a calibration took care of it.

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 08:01:34 AM »
how do i calibrate?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 09:42:23 AM »
Wherever you got them from should have calibrated them. The calibration strips are very hard to find. Jim @ Midwest Slots can calibrate them for you.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 10:24:27 AM »
Mark- do the WBA units have a dipswitch to enable and disable barcode/ticket reading?  I know some of the DBV-200 bill validators have this on later software versions.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 11:56:15 AM »
No, not that I am aware of.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 03:03:45 PM »
Not sure if this will be helpful, and if any of this is wrong someone please correct me.

From what I remember the WBA-12 and 13 are very similar, one has eprom software and the other has flash rom software.

There are dipswitches on the side of the WBA but they are mostly for telling the WBA to accept or not accept individual bills. According to the JCM documents (see below) the WBA units with ID-022/023 do not have barcode capability. But the WBA units with ID-024 can read barcode tickets. I think the ID-022/023 units are only for IGT S+ machines, the ID-024 was what the S2000 machines use. I picked the newest software in both cases, so it doesn't look like the WBA-12/13 with ID-022/023 software can read barcodes, unless I missed something.

So on the WBA that are ID-024 that are not reading barcodes you might want to double-check the dipswitches, make sure they are set the same as the working WBA units.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 03:18:00 PM »
background:
    my 3 current machines have WBA 12 ss with 3.75 id024 flash they all work perfectly reading bill and tickets

problem:
  I purchased 3 new to me transports and heads, with 3.83 id024 software, they read bills but not tickets, if i put my exisitng heads in the new transports tickets read fine
if i put the new heads in old transport tickets still wont read

so: is there anything on the head i can check to see why they will not read tickets

note: when they try to read ticket the ticket is fed in and then almost immediately rejected, my backend server is reporting bill rejected at that time, and not the normal ticket inserted message,

You mention that the working WBA units are WBA-12, and your post title says "WBA-13 not working" so unless there is a typo I assume the ones not working are WBA-13 models. But that doesn't affect barcode ability, it's the software and dipswitches that control that.

Here is the JCM software document for the ID-024 WBA-12/13 software ver 3.83-40.

I think dipswitch #1 sets barcode ability ON or OFF. (see dipswitch chart in document)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 03:38:46 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 03:36:55 PM »
Dips are all set to off on mine for s+(022/023), and S2000's, Game Kings(024).

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 03:44:46 PM »
Do the S+ take barcode tickets with ID-022/023? And the GameKing & S2000 machines?

If so what else could be causing his problem (calibration?)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 03:48:02 PM »
No s+ 022/023 do not read barcodes.  S2000 (024)and game king and I-games do.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 03:50:02 PM »
Then I guess that leaves calibration as only thing to try. Would have thought that would have been already done by the seller he got them from.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 03:51:58 PM »
Think dip#1 has to be on for 022 for s+

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 03:54:55 PM »
What about this note in the JCM document for ID-024 software (see below), it says something about "ICB" and barcodes. Is ICB just an additional feature, not needed to read barcodes? Probably not anything to do with his problem.

ICB= Intelligent Cash Box??

see page 14 in this booklet:
https://emea-en.jcmglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/ICB-Training-Overview.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hwWPi5a6c0

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2018, 04:14:40 PM »
Think dip#1 has to be on for 022 for s+

On that version of WBA software the dip#1 is for selecting ID-022 or ID-023, it needs to match whatever SP chip you have in the S+ machine.
Dip#1 ON  = ID-022
Dip#1 OFF = ID-023

Many SP chips use ID-023 but some favorite old ones are ID-022:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=303.msg847#msg847

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 08:23:39 AM »
wow cannot beleive i didnt close this out,
I did get a calibration sheet (made of invisible gold) not cheap

i was able to calibrate the 3 new heads and all work correctly now, the place i got the complete BV sets from did not calibrate, since they do not have paper

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 10:52:55 AM »
Glad you were able to find a cal sheet and get them taking tickets!! :yes:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 03:09:02 PM »
Those calibration sheets are rarer that pixie dust now. 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2019, 03:39:36 PM »
Those calibration sheets are rarer that pixie dust now.

found a place in belguim ( I am in the US) that had a few for under 10 bucks each BUT they didnt take MC or Visa only bank wire lol
so that would have been 10 + there shipping + plus my international wire fee + there incoming wire fee

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal