New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Newbie just purchased an IGT Balloon Bars 5 Times Pay  (Read 1621 times)

Offline 1969mustang

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 1969mustang New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Newbie just purchased an IGT Balloon Bars 5 Times Pay
« on: September 20, 2018, 08:28:51 PM »
I just purchased a slot machine that I was told was working when it was put in storage 7 yrs ago.  The guy I got it from was probably in his 70s so I believed him, plus I have wasted $150 on less.  The machine is an IGT that was MfG 10/96 and I believe it is a S+.  When I plugged the machine in the lights came on and the bill validator cycled.  The reels free spin when touched so I checked the fuses and all were good. So I remove the cover from the power supply and checked power to the fuse holders.  The bottom one has 120v the middle one has 0v and the top one has 12v. So I am guessing my issue is no power to the middle fuse.  Is there a way to test the power supply?  Or should I be looking somewhere else.

(fixed typo in topic title)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:01:00 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Newbie just purchased an IGT ball on bars 5 times pay
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 08:31:10 PM »
Please post a photo of the entire outside of the machine so we can make sure what model it is. That way we don't waste time offering suggestions for the wrong machine.

Also, what do you mean "IGT ball on bars"??

:Please_Post_Pictures_2clr:

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Newbie just purchased an IGT ball on bars 5 times pay
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 08:53:54 PM »
balloon bars?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Newbie just purchased an IGT Balloon Bars 5 Times Pay
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 08:58:28 PM »
Dang it!  this is like to trying to figure out those cryptic vanity license plates on cars.   :garfield:
===========================================================

1969mustang-
On the fuse that has no voltage, did you check the fuse to see if it is blown? When the machine is powered up the reels should have a stiffness and resist being turned by hand. Also check the white power connector on the motherboard to make sure it doesn't have any darkened areas, look on both sides of the connector.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 08:09:59 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline 1969mustang

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 05:42:41 AM »
Sixcardmark.....I noticed the picture at the bottom of your post with the burnt spot on the plug so I wiggled it like your post said and boom it started to work.  Yes the machine is a balloon bars and as soon as I can figure out how to make my picture less then the size required I will post it.  I was able to add credits using the bill validator but not the coin capacitor.  It looks like the coin comparator doesnt have power going to it.  I will check the plugs tonight and make sure everything is plugged in then I will search coin comparator problems and see if I can figure it out before I ask for more help.  Thanks for all the replies. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 07:56:29 AM »
The burned contacts on the white power supply connector on the motherboard is a common problem on older S+ machines. It will cause power to be intermittent to the rest of the machine. It is best to replace the burned contacts inside the white connector. Or you can replace this wiring harness power cable with the white connector, it runs from the power supply to the motherboard and has a connector at each end so is easy to replace. We have people here that can provide that wiring harness to you. You can clean the male pins on the motherboard that mates with this connector.

The coin "comparitor" must have an example coin installed in it. This is called the "sample" coin. It will look like the photo below. If this sample coin is missing from the coin comparitor all coins inserted on the front of the machine will be returned to the front coin tray.

On an S+ machine the light on the front of the coin comparitor does not come on until the door is shut, even when the coin comparitor has power. Just below the coin comparitor is the coin optic boards. Look in the lower left corner of the coin optic board and find a small switch, often a white pushbutton switch. Press it and you should get a credit on the machine for play. This is a "test" credit. Then press the Spin button on front of machine and the reels should spin. Do all of this with the door open. If you can press this coin test button and get a credit and then spin the reels that means your machine is mostly working. So with the door shut if you insert a coin and it gets returned to the coin tray on front of machine your problem is likely the coin comparitor or the coin optic boards.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 08:20:00 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 08:01:24 AM »
.....Yes the machine is a balloon bars and as soon as I can figure out how to make my picture less then the size required I will post it.....

Sometimes you can send the photo to yourself, either thru an email or a text, this often will reduce the size of the photo automatically. Then you can post the reduced copy of the photo you receive.

Offline 1969mustang

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 08:18:23 AM »
Where is the best place to purchase the cable?  I do have a coun in the comparator.  I switch the coin out and turned the plastic screw on the coin comparator and then closed the machine and put several different coins a few did register as credits then it stopped registering.  I pressed the little button on the coin comparator and nothing happened so I guess I need a new one.

Offline 1969mustang

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 08:24:06 AM »
Here is a picture

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 08:24:20 AM »
You can post a message here asking for the S+ power supply cable, this is called a WTB (WantToBuy) request. We will get it moved to the Classified Ads area and someone will respond if they have the cable and you can work out a deal with them. Or you can go to the homepage of NLG and look at all the "banners" for our supporting "Sponsor" vendors, contact them for the cable. Or you can search on ebay and other online places for it.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/

A photo of the inside of your door will help us to give better advice. You might not need a new coin comparitor or coin optics boards, it may just be something simple. The photo needs to be well-lit so we can stuff clearly around the coin comparitor area.

Your machine is a 5 coin max game, so you won't be able to insert more than 5 coins and get credits for coins past that. After that the coins get returned to front coin tray. Describe better what you are seeing happen. When you turned the adjustment on the coin comparitor which way did you adjust it - to the left or to the right? This is the adjustment screw in the lower right corner of the coin comparitor, it should be turned all the way counter-clockwise (to the left).

When you insert coins and they register a credit can you press the Spin button and the reels spin?

Offline 1969mustang

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 09:01:51 AM »
I will take a picture when I get back home thanks

Offline 1969mustang

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 04:00:50 PM »
Here is a picture of the inside door and a close up of the coin  comparator

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 06:22:16 PM »
Please re-read reply #9 above and answer questions in it. Thanks.

Offline 1969mustang

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 06:37:41 PM »
So I removed the coin out of the coin comparator. Used compressed air and blew all the dust that had accumulated and then unplugged and plugged in all connectors and bam now everything works as it should.  Thanks for all the help.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 06:58:18 PM »
That's good news, enjoy your machine!

Thanks for the update on what you did, it may help others with a similar problem.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal