New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 3200 error after every win - no hopper installed  (Read 3595 times)

Offline Willliam Gandy

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Willliam Gandy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
3200 error after every win - no hopper installed
« on: June 28, 2014, 08:11:06 AM »
HELP..........working on project IGT S plus Haywire 3 play quarter machine & NO dbv.......type2.....SP540 / SS4458....(i can't see 4458 listed on chips for this unit)...........got unit playing aok EXCEPT keep getting code 3200 for ANY win...................unit did not come with hopper ( ok with me, I dont have hopper on any of my units.......just use plastic ice bucket, and have no problems)........................I have setups in "7" to both be 9999 and "8" is 9999 as well...........also set to "5_0"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 12:03:40 PM by wdg61 »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: 3200 error after every win - no hopper installed
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 01:09:35 PM »
The normal situation when a hopper is included is the coin out optic is transmitting to the receiver so the coin out signal is at ground until a coin passes through. Then the signal goes high.

There are two things you can do to fix this problem.

First is jumper pin 8 to pin 9 on the hopper plug. That's the upper right pin to the left center pin on the hopper plug (if you are facing it).
This will keep the coin out signal at ground forever. Just make sure your cashout switch is pulled out of it's holder (don't disconnect the wires from the switch!) and make sure your options are set for credit only. I believe it is test 2 that you set for 5--2.

Second is to build the attached circuit and use it as your fake hopper.

If you are in a situation where the machine is trying to pay out and you got 3000 codes it may be to late to go back and you may have to clear the machine of all credits and pending payouts before the hopper plug jumper will do you any good.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Willliam Gandy

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 03:07:18 PM »
At this point I am just trying to figure out why this won't play without error when setups & with no hopper have been duplicated from 3 other working aok machines........issue stays with machine as swapping m/brd & mpu does not change things

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 11:27:02 PM »
If you don't set the machine up for credit only mode you can get that kind of error on a win.

Did you find a place in setup where you could change a 5--? to a 5--2?

Also, check your cashout button, is it wired incorrectly? Compare it with a good machine.

Offline Willliam Gandy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 07:04:27 AM »
5_0   and 5_1  are the only options.........................not sure on button wiring, they are consistent all across .......this machine is an S+  but is a narrow body and some have said more like an S.....the buttons don't appear to have bulbs and are different ( button, wiring & micro switch) than my other S+
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:11:05 AM by wdg61 »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 08:37:43 AM »
Maybe you should look for a SP chip that will work with your SS chip, a SP chip that does have the 5--2 option.

Some older SP chips did not have the 5--2 option and you would have to turn the cash out light on before you got a win and if you didn't get a win within a certain amount of time the credit feature would turn itself off.

It could also be you can't set the 5--2 because you have pending credits.

try to clear the board and see if the 5--2 feature can be set.

Offline Willliam Gandy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 09:27:58 AM »
have done multiple clears...................5_2  is never an option..............I have gone ahead and ordered SP1274 (for up to date versions & better options)  and SS4080 ( the 4458 thats in it does not show up in my charts ).......thanks !!

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 06:01:44 PM »
Please report your results when done.

Offline Willliam Gandy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 11:44:20 AM »
Problem Solved !!..............new chips......programmed to 5_2....plays like a champ ( well except for the arm - it pulls fine but doesn't activate the spin......another topic, another day).....................thank ya badbaud

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
If you can stand on your head, rub your tummy, and pat your left knee at the same time you are probably limber enough to get under the handle box, find the handle switch, and reconnect the two wires that connect to the switch.

I tried once and threw out my back and went blind in my left eye for a week... :-)

Good luck.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 07:31:10 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Willliam Gandy

• NLG
just got handle fixed........wires connected wrong on micro switch.....NO/NC........changed 'em....C/NO....works great !!....easy to get to, no dbv, cashcan, etc on this unit
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 07:32:36 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
Congratulations! and no physical injuries.

The next time I have to work on a handle box switch I am calling you.

One other thing that can plague a handle box is dry parts.

A quick shot of silicone spray on anything mechanical that moves and rubs together helps.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 07:33:06 AM by Ron (r273) »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal