New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I wanna build a GameKing...starting from scratch...need a cabinet!  (Read 4736 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I'm looking  :sherlock: around for a GameKing cabinet out on the east side of good ol' USA that I can probably go pick up?
It's gunna be my first one I ever screwed around on!... (Ohh...that didn't come out right!  :rotfl: )

Suggestions? I do like the poker games and a few of the reel games, and multi-betting decks.  :yes:

PM me if you have one so I can start building one!  :cool_thumb_up:

Thanks!
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Podfun

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Podfun New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: I wanna build a GameKing...starting from scratch...need a cabinet!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 09:30:43 PM »
There's one machine I really want that's 800 if you buy that machine for me and bring it to me I think it's in Las Vegas I'll give you all of my slot machines all of my parts and include an arcade game of your choice I have 2 game kings 3 CRT monitors   claw machine candy pushers Japanese pinball mame arcade candy claw machines and more jvl vortex Countertop I touch 10 over 100 games on it including strip poker plus more email address is podfun@gmail.com let me know

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 10:41:34 PM »
Haha! Podfun, I ain't driving all the way out to Vegas!  :24:

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Podfun

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Podfun New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 12:01:39 AM »
Hey it was worth the gamble don't hate the player hate the game mouthbords lol  But actually it's pretty cheap if you ship using that app called ridder  or something like that  I've made deals with people out in the Vegas and shipped out 2 claw machines to have and an soft machine brought to me from Vegas and it only cost a 150 same day and they and   You can buy insurance everything during the move just tell them what you got and what you're willing to pay for a job and an drivedr will contact you  Think who bird that for big deliveries they might make a few stops before dropping year saw that usually same day Just a though

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 04:27:34 PM »
Big shout out to all those that's helped me so far!!
Too many awesome members to write down here!
I got most of the main parts in today and set it up on my workbench!

Tried it with an S2000 bill validator and got a CRC error.
I need a WBA bill validator that "speaks" to this machine!

Please PM me if you have an updated one?
I can't change chips because this one is flash-based.

Thanks guys!

I gotta show you'll a video when I get this puppy up and running!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 05:01:35 PM »
An S2000 validator will work with a Game King, they use the same protocol (ID024).  You just need to clear the validator CRC error. 

The Menu structure can vary depending on the game software. 

Press MPU self test button.
Touch Setup
Touch Machine Options
Touch Peripheral Devices Setup
Touch BV Clear CRC

That'll clear it.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 07:50:33 PM »
Whoo hoo! Thanks Tilt! That's bloody awesome! :cool_thumb_up:

I'll try it tomorrow.  :propeller: :thank_you:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 09:32:09 PM »
You are going to need a game king bezel for the BV, the s2000 bezel won't fit - you can't close the door.  I should have a spare.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 06:47:26 AM »
haha...I don't have a "door"...this is set up on a workbench  :rotfl:

Hang onto it if you find it tho!

I may need a special bezel in the near future if I find a door and an empty cabinet!

Here's the guts of my Game King on the bench...I call it the Frankenstein Money Storm.

Which wires do I jump to disable the mechanical meters?...>>>

https://youtu.be/nSR6RziZFcM
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 09:08:44 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ANIslots New User has no influence.
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 10:05:18 AM »
thats nice, remonds me of my ATM/Bill Breaker/ ticket redeemer i  put together all controlleed with a pc
using a Fujitsu F53 cash dispencer, WBA 13 both ID003/ID024 compatible, a rs232 ticket printer all wired up, and a card reader, and pin pad

the kids can instert there bank debit card and a pin i assigned to them, it will read their CC number and ask for the pin, the tpye the amount they need and the bill dispenser gives it to them, i then get a text of how much they got , and go to my online account and transfer the money from theres to mine,

they also can bring in there tip money from work insert it into the WBA, and ill get the text and transfer to their account

the bill breaker does just that insert a 100 in wba, and bill dispenser gives change

the WBA also accepts my tito tickets from my slots, and insert those it validates with my host, and spits out the cash, if the was change on the tickit , ie 53 ccents, Since i dont have a coing hopper yer for change it will print a slot ticket for the 53 cents that they can stick back into the slot machine,

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 01:50:33 PM »
That's awesome ANI!! :cool_thumb_up: Holy moly!! These meters are annoying!!  :banghead:
I gotta make a jumper somehow.....  :sherlock:

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 02:23:17 PM »
Last 2 pins on the left side of 5he plug. Grey wire and the one next to it. There's a topic on that in S2000

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »
Last 2 pins on the left side of 5he plug. Grey wire and the one next to it. There's a topic on that in S2000
okay awesome Cowboy! :propeller:
I'll do that when I get in Monday.
I just didn't get around to doing a search for the topic....got pretty busy on a Friday at the beginning of the month around here! lol

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 07:53:44 AM »
Can't seem to get past this error....chip gone bad?  :scratch-head_3:

"Eeprom" usually means a motherboard chip for the settings?
Seems like it won't update as I swap to this poker game board ( Swapped MPU to rule out) but when I throw back in the Money Storm board, the Money Storm works.

I'm an an experience leg bender but no folded-under legs this time.

I turn the reset key and I keep coming back to this screen.  :banghead:

Am I stuck in a "Loop"?
Which clearchip is best? Or do I replace some eeprom chip?

Below are the screen messages and my spare MB.

Click on photo to make larger if needed...NLG logo blocks part of uploaded pic...>>>
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:23:07 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline wizeone

• wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 11:54:07 AM »
are you using a 2nd eeprom chip when you swap out mpu's?  ie poker has it own eeprom and money storm has its own?  if not then you will have to turn the key 2x to update the eeprom and will probably have to re-setup the game each time you swap them out.

i would get a spare eeprom(8 pin chip) and keep one with each board, when you want to swap games, change out the board and eeprom and all should be golden.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 12:17:07 PM »
Thank you for your reply wizeone,

I was not using a 2nd eeprom chip.

Where would it's location be? 

The 8-pin [U2] 24WC16P chip on the MB?

***UPDATE*** I just swapped the U2 out from another MB - same result.

Doesn't matter how many times I go thru the rebooting process of trying to update the eeprom.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 12:46:43 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline wizeone

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 12:21:59 PM »
correct

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 01:03:41 PM »
I threw back in Money Storm with original eeprom chip (same motherboard....I never took out any MB's.) - game works fine.

Why won't the poker game update the chip?  :scratch-head_3:

Or any other chip inserted into the [u2]? :scratch-head_2:

Offline wizeone

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 01:19:23 PM »

so it looks like you have a 2nd eeprom chip, good. 
take the eeprom that works with money storm and put it with that mpu(you know that combo works together)

then take the "spare" eeprom and put it in the U2 slot(make sure the the notch on the eeprom lines up with the notch of the socket), put a keychip 40 on your poker mpu,  you want to clear all the settings, eeprom,ram and select keychip menu,  then power down and put your base chip back in place, fire up the machine and go through all the key turns and button presses and setup your poker game. once that is done you should be good to go.

then when you get tiered of poker and want to play money storm, swap the eeprom and mpu to the money storm set.

Offline wizeone

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 01:30:16 PM »
looking at a couple of my 3902 mobo's the eeprom i have is "24LC16B".

we only run game king poker(s) no single reel games so not sure if your eeprom is different because of single game or not.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal