New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Capacitive touch overlays  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
Capacitive touch overlays
« on: April 11, 2019, 08:59:11 PM »
When these get finicky what exactly happens to them and what is the fix if any ..... there’s not a lot to them .... voltage running across both sides of a piece of glass .... pretty simple actually ...... I’ve ran into issues with them in the past and also on game kings ..... touch goes erratic, looses calibration, responds to touch when it wasn’t even touched, stops responding all together ect ..... controller have been swapped but when these things happen I always find a known good overlay swap does the trick...... I have noticed that if the metal around the crt isn’t insulated from the overlay well they act up .... I have a handful of overlays here and am trying to get a machine stable to sell but I can’t get one consistant long enough to be comfy with selling it ..... 19” curved overlays I have more of then the newer ones with less of an arch ...... I haven’t found a good source for them yet either ......... what I have done that seemed to help was pull all the tape off the over lay clean it real well then reinsulate the connection areas both sides well with electrical tape .... seemed to help but again after time touch would disappear then reappear ect ..... controllers were swapped a few times with known good ones ......... this is very frustrating
Any input to this issue is greatly appreciated ........ if someone has a silver bullet for fixing these things we need a sticky on the subject

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Capacitive touch overlays
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 10:01:56 PM »
Sounds like a ground issue. How dirty are the backs of the monitors and your chassis your using? I remember seeing something some where about the dust or dirt causing a static problem. Maybe try running a separate ground wire to the monitor? Not sure if it will help or hurt the operation? I have heard of touch screens not working correct just because of how the machines were placed and what people have had on there feet..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 05:09:41 AM »
Mon is clean ...... yes grounding is very important ..... if the 3rd prog is missing from the plug that’ll cause major issues ... this ones grounds are all good ...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 07:36:28 AM »
The way I test a finicky touchscreen is to test it with my shoes on, if that doesn't work, then I go barefoot.  If barefoot works, then I know it is a grounding issue and I ground the chassis manually to another machine.  If it doesn't work barefoot, then I replace controller.  If that doesn't fix it, then it's the glass.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 07:55:41 AM »
The way I test a finicky touchscreen is to test it with my shoes on, if that doesn't work, then I go barefoot.  If barefoot works, then I know it is a grounding issue and I ground the chassis manually to another machine.  If it doesn't work barefoot, then I replace controller.  If that doesn't fix it, then it's the glass.

I know these few I have are messed up glsss .... what I’m trying to find out is what on these glass units fail or get flaky ..... I always ground the overlay right to the mon frame which is grounded to earth ground through the plug .... one thing I was told from an ol timer in the biz is a very very light coating of armor all on the over lay helps with erratic calibration a lot

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 09:23:25 AM »
It only takes a small scratch of nick to the touch screen for them to start acting up. I’ve found once this happens, they are junk. I would never sell a machine knowing that it has a touch screen on the verge of  dying.  My reputation is worth more to me than a flaky as you put it touchscreen..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 09:27:58 AM »
It only takes a small scratch of nick to the touch screen for them to start acting up. I’ve found once this happens, they are junk. I would never sell a machine knowing that it has a touch screen on the verge of  dying.  My reputation is worth more to me than a flaky as you put it touchscreen..

I agree 100% .... this thing isn’t going anywhere till it’s bulletproof

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal