New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How can I bypass the main door switch that pushes in and out  (Read 16280 times)

Offline anit4771

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • anit4771 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: How can I bypass the main door switch that pushes in and out
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »
No I have not tried the plus and minus screw. I will try that next. And let yoy know.

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »
I'm going back to watching NETFLEX,  better for my blood pressure
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 05:59:03 PM »
The candlestick is still blinking fast at the bottom indicating a door is open.

I will second what has already been stated in this thread.  The candle will also blink after the door has been closed, until a paid game is completed.  A blinking candle does not always mean that the machine thinks the door is open.

When you close the door, do the reels spin and then stop one at a time from right to left?  If so, the machine IS detecting that the door has been closed (good!), even though the candle will continue to blink at that point.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 08:58:55 AM »
I'm going back to watching NETFLEX,  better for my blood pressure

I hear ya Buzz... :yes: :cool_thumb_up: :yes: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline anit4771

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 09:30:59 AM »
 Yes I ran the set chip. Set the denomination etc. I was told to forget about the bill validator until we got the coin working. I replaced the coin comp. with one I know works. Still no luck getting it to register a coin. I turned the plus and minus on the comparator. Still no luck. When I put credits on the machine with the white button below the comp. I closed the door before using the credits and the bottom of the candlestick is still blinking and it still wont register the coins. They go straight to the tray.
    I appreciate all of your help and responses. I think this one is not going to be able to be fixed.  I did READ Mid west slots response and tried everything except the video. Some of us are new to this stuff and don't mean to come across naive. We are just trying to learn.
  Again thanks for all your help and concern.
                                          Anit4771
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:12:17 AM by anit4771 »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 09:58:52 AM »
Don't worry about it, we all came into this world naive and crapping ourselves and the lucky ones get to go out that way after a long eventful life. Have you tried removing and cleaning the optics board mounted right below the coin comparitor? It's rectangular, has a black plastic cover and it's own plug from the harness. It could be dirty, broke or have a coin guide installed that's much to big for the size coin you're using. There are 3 optics inside that read the coin as it passes through. If they are bad, dirty or don't see the coin pass because the guide is to large then the machine won't register a credit and the coin gets rejected. I usually just wipe them with a qtip

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 05:21:11 PM »
Who said not to worry about the bill acceptor? I have 8 machines just like yours without coin mechanism's at all or hoppers. Bill in only. A short video of the machine as you turn it on and a shot of the inside of the front door would get it done for you. Don't get frustrated now. When you fire it up you will be so HAPPY. Where are you located? Maybe one of our members is close enough to help you out. If you are in the So. Maryland area I would show you how do it for free. Once I see your video, I can make one to show you what to do.   
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 08:41:05 PM »
By the way, the white button is only to test the machine, once you close the door, those credits get wiped.  So if they are getting wiped as you close the door and latch it, means your door optics are working.  My bet is in your coin-in optics being bad, OR your coin encoder is not of the right size.  The encoders are the little black brackets that make the path so that the coin goes through the optics the correct way.  There are different sizes, so you have to make sure you have the right size for your coin type.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 04:43:09 PM »
anit4771: You haven't answered my question in Reply #22:

When you close the door, do the reels spin and then stop one at a time from right to left?

Answering this will help us to know if the machine is seeing the door as closed or not.

By the way, the white button is only to test the machine, once you close the door, those credits get wiped.  So if they are getting wiped as you close the door and latch it, means your door optics are working.

This is a very good point.

anit4771: Here's another way to test your door: When you use the small white test button on the coin-in optics board to add credits, you're able to use the Spin Reels button to play a test game, correct?

Now, try adding credits, but close and latch the door.  Do the credits disappear, or does the Spin Reels button still work to play a sample game?  If the credits disappear, your machine is seeing that the door closed (which is good).  If the Spin Reels button still works at that point to play a test game, the machine is NOT seeing the door as closed, and that is your issue.

Please let us know the results of these two tests and we can go from there. 

Who said not to worry about the bill acceptor?

Buzz did in Reply #13, and I agree with this 100%.  Trying to get a non-working machine operational with a bill acceptor adds too many variables to the mix.  When you have a non-working S+, a good practice is to get it working with coins first, and then add in the bill acceptor once the machine is operational.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »
Well if he lives within 100 miles of Maryland, I'll go show him how to fix it. I won't do it for him but show him how. Never met a S+ that could not be fixed. Oop's yes I did, I saw 25 that were flooded in Hurricane Sandy in NJ. I did not even want them for free.

the rockin elvis

Offline anit4771

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 05:15:17 PM »
Okay when I put the credits on the machine with the white button and close the door it does not wipe the credits off. I can still hit the spin and it spins. Good point. I did not realize that it should wipe them off. So I will order a new door censor and hopefully that will fix it. It may take me awhile to get it through the mail but I will order one. Thanks guys. In the mean time I will trace those wires to make sure they are hooked up. :fryingpan:I live in Weatherford Texas.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 05:22:49 PM »
They come as a set. Pay attention to wire colors. Did you look at the wires to see if they are broken near the sensor? Another thing to do is make sure they line up correctly. You can put a piece of painters tape on the side of the cabinet and draw a line where the sensor is then do the same on the door. Close the door and push latch down to see if marks line up. If not they need to be adjusted.

the rockin elvis

Offline anit4771

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 05:24:54 PM »
 Okay that's a great tip. I will try that as well.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »
Since we've narrowed the issue down to the machine not seeing the door as closed, we might as well re-visit this part:

In addition to the door optics, on an S+ machine with a bill validator, the machine needs to see that the bill validator stacker box ("cash can") access door is closed.  If that door is open, it breaks the circuit with the door optics, and the machine will continue to report the door as open even if the optics are otherwise fine.

Machines with a bill validator did come with a switch to detect if that access door is open or closed.  Many home users have removed the switch and shorted the wires together.  Check very carefully in and around the stacker box area for the wires to see if they're either correctly hooked up to the switch (and that the switch is working properly when the cash can door is closed), or if they're properly shorted (tied) together.

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 06:36:29 PM »
Hold on before you order anything. From what I think I've read in this thread, when you close the main door the reels spin in their maiden spin and you get a insert coin light. If this is correct then there isn't anything wrong with your door optics. If this is not correct and you don't get the maiden spin you said you have five more machines, thirty seconds or less and you can switch optics from one machine to another. When you close the main door are you sure your getting the door latch pushed all the way to the bottom?? Damn I just thought of something, you said a while back that you got a 3100 error, that would mean the door optics are good. Open and close the main door a few times and the 3100 will clear, make sure the door latch is going all the way down.

Short version of how a S  works. First the coin comparator assuming there are NO errors on the machine, when you drop in a coin and it goes to the tray, this means there is a problem with the comparator. This could mean a bad comparator, the coin you dropped in doesn't compare to your sample coin, or maybe the wiring to the comparator is bad. ( Doesn't make any difference what is causing the problem if the coin goes to the tray, look at the comparator )

Now if the coin dropped into the comparator goes to the hopper and you do not receive one credit you are having a problem with the coin optics. ( the coin optics is that part where your pushing the button to add credits ) Myself and three others in the thread think the coin optics are your only problem with this machine.

Here is what I think you need to do, first take a real thick bath towel and cover that friggen candle your so worried about, no a candle can not and will not cause a error.  The candle will only tell you if you have a error or that the main door has been opened. It will contue blinking until a PAID game has been played. A PAID game is a game that you had to use one of your very own coins to get the reels to spin. any game you get from a free button is not a paid game.

If when you drop in a coin and it goes to the tray, put the paper back in behind the rake. Now at the point where you blocked the reke open you NO longer have a coin comparator, what you now have is no more than a coin chute and every coin will be going through the coin optics and into the hopper. If the coin makes it all the way to the hopper without you getting a credit, the coin optics are your problem and exchange these with one of your other machines.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2014, 10:52:23 PM »
From what I think I've read in this thread, when you close the main door the reels spin in their maiden spin and you get a insert coin light.

He's never stated one way or the other that this happens.  I'm guessing it isn't happening based on his latest response where he stated that after using the pseudo coin button on the coin optics and closing and latching the door, he was still able to press the Spin Reels button and play the test game.

Offline anit4771

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2014, 08:25:36 AM »
Good morning guys. Okay so I got a thick bath towel and put over the candlestick. And then I got a door censor from another machine. Hooked it up to the machine  AND Walllaa now my machine is working great. I put a coin in it and gave her a spin. You were right it is a good feeling when you finally get one to work.  And the best thing was the magic towel !!!! Cause when I took it off the candlestick the light was OUT!!! :applause:
 Again thank you guys for all your patience. I hope you still have some left as I have 4 machines to go. :wave:

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2014, 09:04:34 AM »
So glad you got it. The other 4 will be easy now.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal