New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ b/v swap need help **Topic Solved**  (Read 5993 times)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
S+ b/v swap need help **Topic Solved**
« on: October 18, 2014, 01:52:32 PM »
I need help with my validator in my S+. I switched out a wba 11 for a wba 13. Changed the harness, changed the software to ID 023 to be compatible with the S+. Ver. 3.60-30. But with the "new" software it (the b/v) won't boot up at all. If I put the 024 back in it boots up. I have 3 023 EPROMS and it doesn't work with any of them. The validator is enabled. And the 2 red leds are on.  :Scratch-Head: I am needing guidance...Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:36:04 AM by Shaggy »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: S+ b/v swap need help
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 05:37:07 PM »
Isn't there dipswitches that need to be flipped when switching IDOs?  :Scratch-Head: 
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 05:58:22 PM »
Good point I forgot about that. I'll try giving them the switch and see if that works. Thanks.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 05:59:09 PM »
I do not think the WBA-12/13 have a combo ID022/23 just the DBV series had firmware that worked that way.
If I remember right the last switch was off for ID023 and on for ID022 for the DBV series.

It might be a bad copy of the firmware?

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 06:27:17 PM »
I have 3 separate EPROMS. But none seem to work. I have switched the dip switches ...2 and 8 and comboed them but it still is dead. Like it doesn't recognize the EPROMS. One of them is out of the wba 11, which test cycled but would never light up or work. The wba 13 only test cycles when the 024 EPROM is in. Stumped to say the least.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »
So is this 13 not going to work in a S+?  Do I need to go back to an 11 and try to get it to work?

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 07:27:52 PM »
It should work if the firmware was burned to the chip from a good file.

I can't remember if the WBA-13 forces a calibration if the firmware is changed.

IF you bought the EPROM's from a reputable vendor on here contact them for help.
if you burned them yourself check where you got the file from.
I say this because i have come across a bad file or two myself concerning eprom's

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 07:49:26 PM »
The eprom for a wba 11 is not the same as a wba13.  The WBA 11 uses 1 Mbit eproms, the WBA 13 uses 4 Mbit eproms.  On my S+ the WBA13 has all the switches down in the off position.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 08:09:15 PM »
So put all the dip switches in the off position and it should work? I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 08:19:05 PM »
I tried it no change. Then I turned them all up and it gave me a reel mech. error. It would not clear so I switched it back and cleared it and back to square one.  :duh:

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 03:26:46 PM »
What version is the transport? I had some here that would not work for S+ or S 2000
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 04:35:46 PM »
Do you mean the EPROM or the b/v itself? One of the EPROMs is out of the old b/v and it won't work in the 13. But works enough in the 11 to cycle but it doesn't light up. Does nothing in the 13. The transport says: 0402104986 WBA13SS USA-501-24. The transport version is: V3.38-29   CS=C3EC. This validator with the 024 EPROM works perfectly in my S2000. Thanks, Dave
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:01:19 PM by Shaggy »

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 08:04:05 AM »
Well I've tried every combo and the wba 13 will not even recognize the ID023 EPROMS. I've the 11 back in and tried the dip switch #2 on and off no difference. It comes on runs a couple of seconds stops reels spin etc. Close the door everything on the machine works perfect but the b/v never comes on line. Anybody?   I only want to get it going because I get tired of plugging 25¢ in for hours.  Thanks, Dave

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 11:40:48 AM »
Where are you located?  Maybe someone  here lives close to you where you could take your validator to try on a known working S+ to verify that your validator eprom is  the correct one.  If you just want to avoid putting in coin after coin, you could just tokenize your machine. There's a set of chips you can replace the ones you have that will allow each coin to give you up to 99 credits per coin.  So you could just feed it like 10 coins and have 990 credits to play.  You could probably pick the 2 chips you need (SP1137 and a SET86) for under $30.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 11:53:54 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I doubt I live close to anyone on here. I kind of like the idea of tokenizing the machine. Yeah the b/v has no sentimental value I just get tired of dirty fingers and constantly dropping coins. Is there instructions anywhere for setup of this? I'm really interested as I have another S+ without a b/v. Thank you so much, this makes my day. :hail:

Offline slots4home

• Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 11:55:08 AM »
My question is what game chip is in the machine?
It it is a old one it may not work with the WBA.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 11:58:36 AM »
Let me check and I'll get back to you.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 12:01:06 PM »
It's an SP 1048 type 0/1/4/5.  Good or bad? Also could the reel chip ss4785 (1-64) cause the trouble?

Offline slots4home

• Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 12:24:22 PM »
I would think that the 1048 would work but not positive.
You might try one a little newer just to check.
The reel chip should not matter
What about the WBA power supply?
Do u know if it is good?

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 12:26:59 PM »
The 2 LEDs are on and the b/v grinds/cycles but never comes on after the door is shut.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal