New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1997 game king power supply/ what is/ A ground vs B ground  (Read 1275 times)

Offline freddie200

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • freddie200 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
1997 game king power supply/ what is/ A ground vs B ground
« on: October 09, 2023, 02:13:54 PM »
10/18/23 after rewireing the molex put it all back together had a hard time mounting  new power supply but finaly got it  new  {question}  what is the differance between (A ) ground and the (B) ground on the harness all pins have voltage but my bv is not cycling and it wont take coins  like befor the switch over to the upgraded power supply   
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,trying to identify this power supply
came out of a 1997 igt game king multi hand draw poker upright
one of the stickers says /...40807800 but i cant find any info on it
thanx paul
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 05:13:49 AM by freddie200 »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: 1997 game king power supply/ needs replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 03:34:19 PM »
Well you've identified it.  It's an old style power supply out of a 19" upright GK cabinet.  They are difficult to find, and if you do find one it probably doesn't have much life left in it either unless you recap it.  It can be made to work with the much more plentiful S2000/I-game power supplies by repinning the AC input on the power connector.  Then all you have to do if figure out how to mount it in the cabinet.  On my old 13" cabinet I took the guts out of a S2000 power supply and transplanted it into the outer case of the original power supply.  Only one or two of the screws matched, but I used zip ties, bailing wire or something to keep it held in place.  Been working just fine for years now.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 05:37:36 PM »
Wow...that was made in the 29th week of 1997...about 26 yeas ago!
You think it's old enuff?
I think that puppy's had it!  :fuel_on_fire: :pos_computer:

Time for a new one or use the guts of a S2000 Win Tact PS or something like that.
Those run for about $50 on ebay right now shipping outta New Jersey.
Talk to the seller...see if you can get his $35 shipping costs down a bit?...>>>

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314777729254?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=314777729254&targetid=1529493977662&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9005002&poi=&campaignid=19851828444&mkgroupid=145880009014&rlsatarget=pla-1529493977662&abcId=9307249&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAjwyY6pBhA9EiwAMzmfwd3UBsf2d8pCA2rIfXVi_varYwmmdpTay0WEn4OszjRzCfZZl6jxmxoCP8cQAvD_BwE
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline freddie200

• Reputation Power: 7
  • freddie200 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 06:37:21 AM »
ended up getting a wp203f11 by win-tact
had to repin the molex connector but got it to work
heres a rough metering of that power supply  in - out voltage

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: 1997 game king power supply/ needs replacement/ FIXED 10/11/23
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 07:34:33 AM »
That's really the way to do it in my opinion.  If you ever need to replace the power supply again it will be much easier to do.

Offline flexonguy

• Reputation Power: 2
  • flexonguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: 1997 game king power supply/ what is/ A ground vs B ground
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 06:22:24 PM »
I have the same power supply and cannot find where to buy these old caps to replace.  Anyone know where I can buy them?  I have all of the values from the PS power supply topic post from Tom.  Or if someone is selling one of these newer power supplies.  I think the Win_Tact WP203p11 and I will repin.

:thank_you:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal